Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » How do you Know when your in love???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do you Know when your in love???
Alaska_boy
Neophyte
Member # 3901

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Alaska_boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Basicly i want to know everyone opinon's on what Love is. how do you know when you are or arn't??
-AB

Posts: 32 | From: P-Town,Alaska | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ash
Activist
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You just know it.. you have really strong feelings and u gotta see him/her everyday, and care about them so much.. It is when your every thought is of the person you love -Every bad moment you have you can think of them at it will be ok -You know when you in love when you feel completed by the other person!
I guess everyone has their own interpretation about being in love..

Posts: 102 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasper
Activist
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kasper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im trying to find out if i am... I have the feeling and everything for him. But I cant bring myself to say it. So therefore I dont think I am
Posts: 213 | From: *Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girlie*
Activist
Member # 5257

Icon 2 posted      Profile for girlie*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well hon,
i would say that even if you are not in love, there are some strong feelings there. when you do fall in love, you will know. even if it happens slowly, you just feel different inside. it is a wonderful thing that must evolve my itself, so dont worry and let it grow on its own.

------------------
-Morals only mean something if you stick by them when they are inconvenient for you-

Posts: 118 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some previous threads on the subject:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/000007.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/000932.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/001387.html

Ask the search engine if you want more!

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alaska_boy
Neophyte
Member # 3901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alaska_boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So what you are all saying is that its like a 6th sense. somthing givin to us but you cant touch it or see it. its just a Feeling??
-AB

Posts: 32 | From: P-Town,Alaska | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glitter Princess
Activist
Member # 995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glitter Princess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yeah I guess. It's this amazing feeling, kind of unexplainable, but I'll do the best I can.

You feel absolutely wonderful. You have the strongest feelings in the world for this person, you would do anything for them, literally anything. They are a part of you, just being with them is enough. You can look into their eyes and just tell that they feel the same way about you. When your in love I guess it is just a feeling, but the most amazing feeling. Your feelings for this person exceed your feelings for yourself, at least in my case. But you know at the same time, this person feels exactly the same way about you. I know everyone says this, but when you're in love you just know it, it's different than anything else in the world.

Posts: 70 | From: a boring life in a boring town with the same old crowd | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E3
Neophyte
Member # 6178

Icon 12 posted      Profile for E3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's true what people say, The one that you truly love loves you also. People here agree ?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alaska_boy
Neophyte
Member # 3901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alaska_boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed....But doe'snt that really suck for the peoples who you love. but dont love you. i guess thats the tricky part of it. if Love was so easy it would affect us as nearly.
-AB

Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To everything that's been said I'd like to add that when you love someone you feel *complete*, like if you're a puzzle, your loved one is one of the pieces of it, but if you don't have it, the puzzle will never be complete. Something like you just need him/her to know why you're in the world, it takes two halves to make a whole

I'm saying this because I'm not in love at the moment, but I have been there, and I miss that feeling so much and feel so empty and alone (although I'm not literally alone, but that's the feeling I get). Sometimes if I'm upset about something I just think "I wish I had someone I loved and loved me back", like if I was really really thirsty and had nothing to drink

Hope I made sense

------------------
~Sallynha
The Beautiful Smile Hides The Troubled Soul

ICQ# 123898306

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SRVGirl
Neophyte
Member # 6318

Icon 7 posted      Profile for SRVGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to ask people this question all of the time, I usually got the same answer "You'll just know." At the time I was thinking well great that is just SO much help but it's true. I know I am in love with my boyfriend right now. I wake up in the morning and open my eyes and think of my day ahead, then he pops into my mind and I wonder what he is up to. Everytime he crosses my mind, which is more often than not, I'm so thankful that he is part of my life and I feel so happy to know him. But to tell you the truth I believe love is different for everyone and you are the only person who can know if you are really in love.

------------------
" I was never truly insane, except on occasions when my heart was touched." Edgar Allen Poe.

Posts: 9 | From: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.