Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Ahh--Christmas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ahh--Christmas
Only 4 Her
Neophyte
Member # 6151

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Only 4 Her     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christmas is right around the corner. And I'm in trouble. I still don't know what to get for my girlfriend of 2 months. Nothing over a million bucks, mind you. LoL. I have one idea, but I'd like to give her more than just this. My first idea is to get a plain jane picture frame, and on the outside, put things we've done together. Like our homecoming ticket, movie tickets, the hockey ticket I took her and her little brother to, the restaurant stub where we went to one day, sentinmental stuff like that. Any ideas on another thing?

------------------
-Steven-
Sorry I'm Taken
=)

Posts: 3 | From: Portland, TX, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasper
Activist
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kasper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know... thats a really awesome idea. I woulda never thought of it!!!

Umm other ideas...
*CDs that remind you of your relationship
*Movies
*Anything inparticular that she wants/asked for.

Have fun making the frame!

Posts: 213 | From: *Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone who bothers to remember something I've said, and bases a present on that gets major points in my eyes. Having noticed that I like old vinyl records, which groups I like, and that I'm drawn to tacky, brightly coloured things, for our first Christmas together my partner found the most garish Rolling Stones record he could, and a few other related ones. Major points to him for managing that. He did, BTW, call my mother and friends for suggestions, which is something you could do too.

Any present that suggest you really care about the recipinet. Presents that time and thought (yours), take into mind the quirks of the reciever, and provide something that will that person good are all really great.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CandyDreams123
Activist
Member # 5593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CandyDreams123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could get her a candle with her fave scent , you could get some stuff from bath & body works they have great stuff there, but the picture frame is a good idea too. You might want to add like 2 roses that or her fav flower( one for each month you went out)
Posts: 62 | From: TN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Limsy
Neophyte
Member # 4477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Limsy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Props to you! That sounds like a wonderful gift. I'm jealous! When giving a girl a gift, always go for the sentimental side. Girls dig it =P
Posts: 8 | From: Austin,TX,USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

I love the idea of the things that you said. That great that you kept all that stuff. I was thinking about doing something like that, but I never got around to it.

My boyfriend and I (2 years ago) started going out 3 weeks before Christmas. He told me that he was going to go shopping for me. I didnít think that I was going to get anything big. I mean we havenít been going out that long. So I went out and bought him a hat. When I got my present it was a beautiful bracelet! I couldnít believe it. I was sooooo super embarrassed by the present I got him. Well the next Christmas I totally made up for it. I got him some expensive stuff. This year will be our 3rd Christmas together. We still laugh about our 1st Christmas.

I think that you should ask her to give you some hints. Believe me it will help. Everyone also had great great ideas.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.