Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » long distance relationship

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: long distance relationship
Skodeng
Neophyte
Member # 5898

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Skodeng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
erm..i'm in a long distance relationship with my gf..we live about 300 miles apart..what worries me is that it's not a "normal" relationship..it's what people would call "cyber love"..we met online..the problem here is that although i know what i feel for her, i don't know if she feels the same about me!we both know how we look like,we've traded pics and all..but here i'd like to know how u guys think..can it work?should i keep hope on the relationship?i know i shouldn't commit myself seriously,but the truth is i can't help it..what should i do?

------------------
get PhreakY..

Posts: 11 | From: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasper
Activist
Member # 5439

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Kasper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey!

Im in a LDR too. But mines is a difference case than yours. We went to highschool together, and then I went away to college. So far so good. Its working well.

You need to communicate with your partner. Tell her how you feel, and ask her if she feels the same way for you.

Im sure it can work. Anything can, if you work it out. Good luck!

Posts: 213 | From: *Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know hon, Kasper is right. You guys need to get some major communication going on and soon.

Whether it is a LDR and how you met isn't the problem right now. Right now, you have no idea how she feels about you and I think that is something you guys should discuss before even deciding where this relationship is headed. So have a nice chat with her over ICQ or over the phone and ask her how she feels about you and where she sees this relationship going.

At the end of the day, if you want to make it work, I have every faith that the relationship will work. LDRs take a heck of alot of effort and I think you just need to ask yourself if at the end of the day, it is all worth it.

And how much you want to commit of yourself to this relationship is really your call. I would say take things easy for now and when things are more stable and you know where you are headed, then start to commit more. You are the only one who really knows how much you should put into this relationship.

But in the meantime, get that communication thing going before seeing what you want to do with this relationship. Good luck hon.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.