Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » *Your Sweetest Compliments* (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: *Your Sweetest Compliments*
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 7 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK...everyone loves receiving compliments! What is the sweetest compliment you've ever received?!

Mine would have to be:

*One time a guy friend, nothing more, told me he prayed that I would find the right guy, and when I hooked up with my current boyfriend, he told me the only problem is, he prayed it would be him. That broke my heart! I've never heard anything so sweet in my life!

Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does it have to be from a guy?

Hmm... In fourth grade, my teacher came up to me with my school picture that year and said "I really think you should be a model." I was definitely flattered!

That same year (I think) one of my classmate's mothers told me that I had really pretty eyes.

My Mom constantly tells me I'm soo pretty.

Hm... nice topic

------------------
Dont Mess with Texas

"Only in America, where we can dream as big as we want to."
-Brooks and Dunn

Life is not fair, a fair is a place you show cows

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 7 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah..it can be from anyone.

My bf always compliments me on my eyes..and I have always hated my eyes..there like dark DARK brown. I hated it cause when I was little, people would tell me I didnt have pupils and I didn't know any better, so i believed them (looong time ago!)

When I was growing up, some of you may know that I have had some family problems, so instead of being called "Angel" and getting compliments from my parents, it was often the opposite...so compliments build my self-esteem greatly (not too much that it gets overboard..but enough to be confident in myself!)

Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ash
Activist
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
b/f always saids that i'm hot, and so beautiful i am.. i kept sayin NO i'm not. hehe
Posts: 102 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarlitNight007
Activist
Member # 1902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarlitNight007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my sweetest compliment had to be from my guy..when i went down to see him in florida..it was for my birthday, so we were getting ready to go out, and i had a new dress i wasnt so sure about...but i got all the assurance i need when i was complimented with "just to touch you would be sacrilege" a little over the top, but so endearing.
Posts: 59 | From: Mountaintop | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasper
Activist
Member # 5439

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Kasper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My best compliments were about me being smart. I have always had an easy time in school, and alot of things came natural to me. I had teachers telling me that I would really 'make it in the read world'.

Also living with a chronic illness, I have done EVERYTHING a normal person can. I get complimented all the time about how I never give up, and do so well with living with a disease.

Posts: 213 | From: *Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Whoa . . .they're REAL!'
I guess that's not really that sweet though, just sort of funny.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My ex boyfriend right now online said (exact quotes)

"but if i had to pick one person in the world to settle with.......... it would probably be u......"
"if god came to me and said "jeff...u have to pick someone and get married now"...... i mean how could i pick anyone else?"

Now I have a boyfriend now and everything, but that is really OMG sweet...thats krazy...tell me thats not KRAZY I MEAN COMPLETELY INSANE.....!!!!!

I love bob thou...he knows it...oohh boy these ex boyfriends!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camzie13
Activist
Member # 2908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camzie13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well...my most recent was about 3 hours ago. This guy that i liked asked me who i liked and i told him it was him, but i wanted to get to know him better b4 a relationship. after that i asked who he liked. He said " i recently met this girl who seems very sweet but i would also like to get to know her better. I guess that would mean its you." that just made my heart melt. We are goin to teh movies on friday!
Posts: 147 | From: NJ | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

Icon 7 posted      Profile for *ShellerBabe*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"My God, you are so beautiful" he must've said it about 10 times in one night when he kept staring into my eyes..I felt like crying.
Posts: 117 | From: America..~*hehe*~ | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From a teacher: "You have the brains and potential, you just have to work at it." That's the most encouraging 'compliment' anyone's ever given me and the best I can remember at the moment.

------------------
*Read my diary

*Read my page

*And...alwayz :)

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the camp I went to we did a little exercise near the end of the session: each person in your age group had a piece of paper with his/her name on it. We all passed the papers around and wrote something nice about that person on it. I still have mine and it still warms my heart to read them.

Other stuff...
-"you have an amazing voice," from someone at my school I didn't know, out of the blue, as soon as she saw me
-"I think you're pretty and natural," from a stranger on the subway
-The times that female, bisexual or lesbian friends of my dad said I was cute/goodlooking/if I were ten years younger I'd have the hots for you... back when I thought girls would never ever be interested in me
-Basically everything my partner says

Sorry this list is so long. I must be an egomaniac.

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh, a girl I knew, that I loved adn trying to woo, but she was straight once said to me: "When I'm with you, you're so nice and you're so pretty, you make me wish I was gay and that I was in love with you"

I jsut thought that was so sweet, unfortunately I started bawliing crying right in front of her when she said that

Beki

------------------
Do not try to find out who I am, I am a shadow and you are the light, wherever you are I cannot be...

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My school's nurse told my mother, "whatever Ashley decides to do, she'll probably get a doctorate."

It made me feel good that people think stuff like that about me.

------------------
I know the pieces fit because I watched them fall away
Mildewed and smoldering; fundamental differing.

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie03
Activist
Member # 3542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend that I have now, Has said WAY too many sweet things.. We were outside kinda in the dark, he looked into my eyes and said "God, your eyes sparkle like stars, your so beautiful, God I love you.." and then he kissed me.
That And- If I could, Just to show you how much I love you I'd bring down the moon and the stars, I'd do anything for you.."
He got down on one knee and looked up at me and said: "will you marry me?" I balled..:-\

Posts: 41 | From: Michigan,USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss ashli
Activist
Member # 5255

Icon 6 posted      Profile for miss ashli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um.. well with my current boyfriend... I was goig to be Miss America for a halloween party, and the day of the party, he met up with me b4 my first class, and he was just talking and saying stuff.. then e said "ash, your not supossed to be wearing yru costume YET!!!" and i took it as a put down, cause ya knwo where some people say "ist not halloween anymore, why are you wering your costume?" or whatever that stupid thing says.. but i was kind of upset, because he ALWAYS teases me, so i replied back "yeah well you werent either,so guess we both messed up!" and he said "uh.. i guess you didnt get that.. a know, your miss america?" One day,. i do wanna be miss SOMETHING.. Next year I'm goign to be in a pageant.. i dont qualify, cause i think we have to be in a certain grade.. but im doing it next year.. =)

------------------
*~*~*Ash*~*~*

Posts: 100 | From: US of A | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OoMEoO
Activist
Member # 6026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OoMEoO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
people telling me that I am beautiful... I love that but I don't believe them! hehe
Posts: 118 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raindrop
Neophyte
Member # 6030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raindrop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever someone tells me I'm pretty

[This message has been edited by Raindrop (edited 11-30-2001).]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the one thing that sticks in my head is what my FRIEND ryan said once about me: "she is one of the coolest people i know, but i can't be involved with her or anyone at this point and time. i will always remember her in my heart."

well, not really a compliment, but i loved it anyways.

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasper
Activist
Member # 5439

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Kasper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno if I can consider this a complement, but it deff. defines my uniqueness... I am always told, that I am suck a trip, and a hot ticket. Some of the stuff I come out with....
Posts: 213 | From: *Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me(talking about xmas shopping): i would really love to buy for friends but i don't think i have enough money.. .so i'll just... i dunno... put something together for you guys!
my friend john: i dont need anything..your friendship is worth the weight of the world in gold

he rules so much!

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
one sweet thing a guy has said to me is "hey your so pretty your gonna be a model some day" and everytime i see him hes always like "hey, got an agent yet??" i dunno that makes me more self confident that people think that about me!!
hes also much older than me so that makes me feel even better lol.... long story

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This definatly deserves a bump!

Once when i was working at wal-mart, and i needed a little break due to my diabetes, i ended up talking to this women who said i must be very strong and have a lot of courage to be so great with my disease. Then she told me that i was beautiful. No one's ever said i was beautiful before and that kept a smile on my face for a week!

Keep this compliment list coming peoples!

------------------
'Steve, sex with two whole women, think of the advantages...they can't both fall asleep. If one of them suddenly leaves or punches you, you've still got one left. If one of them plays that old sneaking out of the window trick, there's someone there to untie you. It's total genius.' -Jeff Murdock

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bubblez
Activist
Member # 6837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bubblez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
one of my guy friends was havng relationship problems and i was being there like any friend would and i said to him that there would be plenty more fish in the sea and he replied but the only fish (he soon later told me it was me) i want is caught but if/when she gets thrown back im gonna go right in there and catch her again.
i feel bad for him tho as im still with ma boy and its been 3 months of bliss...well almost

Posts: 63 | From: australia | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PhilosepherArtemis
Neophyte
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PhilosepherArtemis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a great topic. I just wanna say that everyone in here deserves these compliments and a also wanna say that SCARLETEEN RAOCKS!!!!!!

------------------
THE NAME OF THE NEW STAR WARS MOVIE IS WHAT?!!!!!

Posts: 17 | From: Hamden, CT USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babygurl16
Neophyte
Member # 7334

Icon 7 posted      Profile for babygurl16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i would get compliments from the guy i love, even though we are not going out, like i'm a sweetheart, i'm sexy, i'm pretty, he doesn't deserve to even be my friend, you know stuff like that. he was so sweet. everytime he complmented me i just feel more in love with him!
Posts: 17 | From: Huber Heights, Ohio, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend and i were talking the other day about a certain other person (someone I have a rocky past with and she doesn't like) and how we couldn't understand why he always seemed stressed out and negative and unhappy, for no reason.
All the sudden, she goes, "Not like you. You are totally the opposite. You are the most adaptable and optimistic person I know!"

Long story why, but it meant a lot to me. I'd so much rather be called things like that than pretty or whatever... but the fact that my first boyfriend still tells me "you're just so beautiful," while looking me sincerely in the eyes, always makes me melt, cuz i know he means "beautiful" in more than just the physical sense

------------------
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

share your opinion: http://www.geocities.com/tkaterisha/

Posts: 68 | From: Brooklyn, NY (Ev,IL right now tho) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashleylovesdan
Neophyte
Member # 7445

Icon 10 posted      Profile for ashleylovesdan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend fiance said i wish you would have been with me all my life that i never would have been with all those other fools(he said it different than fools but i can't write that in here) He is the sweetest and I LOVE HIM VERY MUCH
ASHLEY LOVES DAN XOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXO

Posts: 12 | From: Orwigsburg, PA, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shann02
Activist
Member # 7465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shann02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this isn't the sweetest one ever, but it's a fav. After our 2nd date my guy kissed and told me how soft my lips were. I melted after that!!!

Another is when my guy friend told me that he couldn't wait for prom so he could spend that night with his special girl.

I AM A SUCKER FOR SWEET AND SENTIMENTAL STUFF!!!

Posts: 54 | From: South Carolina, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BLonDi 1745
Neophyte
Member # 7501

Icon 7 posted      Profile for BLonDi 1745     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think the sweetest compliments i have ever recieved are from my boyfriend. we've only been going out for 2 months but here are sum of the compliments hes givin me...

*i am the best thing thats ever happend to him*
*i am the most sweetest, loving, pretty, caring, sexy and the funniest person he has ever know*
*he told me that -*i have the most prettiest long blonde hair and blue eyes*
*he loves the feeling he gets whenever we spend time together, he said its the best feeling in the world*

Posts: 12 | From: P e n n s y l v a n i a, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~*I_Love_Bad_Boys*~
Neophyte
Member # 7550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~*I_Love_Bad_Boys*~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My FAVORITE compliment was when the guy I had a crush on called me his Sugar Bear. It's not exactly a compliment but, it meant a lot to me
Posts: 4 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ditterdew
Neophyte
Member # 7176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ditterdew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay here it goes there is this guy that everyone calls my b/f..well ne wayz i was really depressed on the bus one day so he told me i looked beautiful when i smiled.and it made me feel really good inside, that some one thouhgt i was pretty.
Posts: 28 | From: nashville,tennessee, usa | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BWHPA
Neophyte
Member # 7392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BWHPA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HMmmm........Well my mom and my aunts always say I'm really tall and my coaches say Good job son 110% out there. My teachers say I'm smart. My principal said I was honest..The girls say I'm muscular but no one has ever commented saying Your hot or anything like that

------------------
~*Who Dares Wins*~ SAF

Posts: 10 | From: byfield mass USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookin4luv
Neophyte
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookin4luv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i had to go away and i was gonna miss my baseball game. my coach begged me not to miss it and said that i was their star player:-D
Posts: 26 | From: Bronx, New York, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bambinosgurl4219
Neophyte
Member # 7231

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bambinosgurl4219     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sweetest compliment came from my b/f of a year and a half, when he told me that my love gave him a reason to become a better person. It is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me; I know now how much i mean to him...

------------------
"What do you do when the only person who can make you stop crying is the person who made you cry?"

"I hate you for hurting me, but most of all, I hate me for loving you."

Posts: 25 | From: that special place in my true love's heart!!! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.