Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Over Reacting or Not?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Over Reacting or Not?
Bambi
Neophyte
Member # 2864

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is kind of an annoying situation for me. Theres this girl that me and my friends hang around now and shes cool or whatever but when shes around my ex she acts a little to comfortable around him. I mean I still have feelings for him which she doesn't know about.The thing thats gettin me is that she says that shes startin to like him. I'm not tryna get in the way but I know in a way that I am jealous. But thats not the only thing that bothers me. Another thing is that my bestfriend knows my feelings but in ways she is tryna hook them up or whatever you wanna call it. I'm not gettin mad at her but I think that she could show more compassion towards me. I feel that she could just be the person thats not necessarily in the middle but the person that justs listens. I'm confused can someone help me out?
Posts: 18 | From: Mt. Vernon, NY, United States | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Miss Thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's pretty much nothing you can do, which sucks, but it's life. He's your ex. He's allowed to be with other people, and it hurts you, I know, but you can't change it. And as for your best friend, she recognizes the fact that he is your EX, not your boyfriend. Maybe she doesn't realize that you still have feelings for him. Or maybe she does, but she knows that even if you do have feelings for him, it doesn't make a difference because you two are through. Maybe you shouldn't hang out with your ex for a little while. Even if you think that you two are still friends, I would just give it time. It's almost impossible to be best friends with your ex so soon after you break up. You just need a few weeks, or maybe even months of time apart, and then you can try to create a friendship. But right now, every girl that comes near him is going to make you jealous, and ruin any chances of a friendship. So if you ever want to have any kind of friendship with him again, you HAVE to just have a little time apart. Trust me, I've been through it all, and that's one of the most important relationship lessons you'll ever learn. Good luck!
Posts: 211 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You said it yourself, Bambi. He's your EX-boyfriend. When you became exes, you theoretically gave up the right to be jealous of any new girlfriend he might have, just as he has no right to be jealous when you start dating other people.

I'm not inside your best friend's head, so I can't tell you what her motivation is. However, it doesn't seem unreasonable to me that she'd think it was okay for your ex-boyfriend to date someone else in your circle of friends.

It's understandable that you still have feelings for him. After all, you two probably shared a lot and were very special to one another. However, being jealous at this point won't do anything but wreck the friendship you're trying to build and probably make everybody else in your social group uncomfortable to boot. Try to be happy for him (after all, he's your FRIEND, and you want him to be happy, right?), or if you can't do that, maybe take some time away from him, as Miss Thang suggested.

Enjoy your friends, enjoy yourself, and eventually you, too, will find somebody new.

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bambi
Neophyte
Member # 2864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I now realize that you guys are right. He is my ex and he free to do what he wants. But its gonna be type hard to stay away from him for a while. Its like we do have a friendship but it could be more. Its like we act shy around one another like we wanna say something but we're scared to, which we both came to that conclusion.But I guess its officially over now so I'll go my way for now and he can go his. Well thanks for the help.
Posts: 18 | From: Mt. Vernon, NY, United States | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anonymus1
Neophyte
Member # 5683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anonymus1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Baby girl, I am most definitely not tryna hook them up. I'm trying to have them talk so they can see that they would not work. Honestly, if you think about it, I get jealous at it too. Cuz I know I still like him, so why in moonshines would I be tryina put them together? To me they're not compatable, but if he feelin her, it's not much I can do about it, either. I just want to wait and see what happens. Cuz it's type obvious he ain't feelin me no more, but I would not be trying to put him together wit nobody but you, boo. Love ya.

------------------
Holla back, youngun.
~Anonymus One~

[This message has been edited by Anonymus1 (edited 11-04-2001).]

Posts: 19 | From: NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this has nothing to do with your post. but are Anonymus1 and Bambi best friends? I'm just a little confused... It's like a soap opera around here! Hehe joke....

------------------
"Only in America, dreamin' in red white and blue."
-Brooks and Dunn

Life is not fair, a fair is a place you show cows

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anonymus1
Neophyte
Member # 5683

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Anonymus1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, we're best friends. Glad you noticed!

------------------
Holla back, youngun.
~Anonymus One~

Posts: 19 | From: NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bambi
Neophyte
Member # 2864

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Bambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its about time that you finally realized that you got feelings for him to. And yeah we both now that they are not gonna work but we'll just go along for the ride. That would be funny if it work but I seriously doubt it cuz she is to wild for him! And yes we are best friends and I'm proud to say that! And I'm sorry for looking at you in that way!

LOVE YA!

Anonymus1
Neophyte
Member # 5683

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Anonymus1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was in denial that I wanted him back. But let's keep that on da low. Anyway, I don't blame you for seein it like that, but you be frontin on a nigga. But then again, we know the deal wit him. (Mr. Quick Nut) They not gonna work out, ma. And then we can have him all to ourselves again. But he don't got no more feelings for me, I can tell. But we can always still work on you and him though...

------------------
Holla back, youngun.
~Anonymus One~

Bambi
Neophyte
Member # 2864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would never work for me and him again I don't think. Cuz I be seeing how he is now and its not very appealing. But K can deal with that now. Cuz we both know whats gonna be goin on on the side. And he do still got feelings for you and you be the one frontin on him rather than me but I be doing it sometimes to. I don't like to show my feelings that whats wrong with me but you just be deading him. But she got him now lets watch the drama unfold.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.