Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » how did YOU know?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how did YOU know?
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys...

I got a queston for all of you.

How did you know your partner(s) or significant other(s) liked you?

For me it was my boyfriend actually paid enough attention to notice what my middle name was... and he was following me around like a little puppy...

So how about you?

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasper
Activist
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kasper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well at first I dident think he liked me! I was asking everyone what they thought. They said that he did like me.

He would call more often than usual, and we would go out often too. One night he just asked me out! It was GREAT!

Posts: 213 | From: *Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beautiful day
Activist
Member # 3703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beautiful day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HUmmmmm usually guys let me know they like me if they want to spend alot fo time with me and call me alot.. and sometimes i can just see it in the way they look at me with these big dough eyes. its cute.. i love when it happens

Posts: 59 | From: Toronto/Ont/Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 7 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We started off as close friends. As friends we made a plan to go walk one of the hills we ski on and star gaze. On the way up there I was thinking about how romantic it would be - if we weren't such good friends. Apparently I wasn't the only one thinking like that because out of nowhere he asked, "May I kiss you?" It was very sweet, especially since it was so unexpected.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 12 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really didn't have any signs that my boyfriend liked me @ first or even wanted to go out with me. We talked on the phone for hours at a time, and finally he asked me to go to the movies with him. He never really said, would you go out with me. One day I asked him, do you consider us boyfriend and girlfriend, and he said yes. That's about all. Nothing spectacular or anything, just talking on the phone. J

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
key_lime
Neophyte
Member # 5652

Icon 12 posted      Profile for key_lime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend told one of his really good friends, who happened to be my good friend's boyfriend at the time... Plus he followed me around and he would do anything I wanted him to..
Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tis a long story!!

Well my current bf and i were going out in 7th grade for about 3 months (I'm in 10th grade now) and then he dumped me for this other girl whom i considered my friend! i was devastated! How i wish i had known about Scarleteen then! but anyway...i didn't talk to him and i avoided him for two whole years. then this past june he called me and apologized! ahh it was so, so sweet.

sooo, he kinda told my best friend that he liked me, so thats how i found out. and it was terribly obvious! oh yeah, and it turned out he never STOPPED liking me for those 2 years we were apart. but now we're back together again...and im soooo happy! it seems like nothin bad ever happened between us!

oooh that reminds me, today is our 2 week anniversary

i kinda got off the subject there..sorry heheh

------------------
So you call this your free country?
Tell me why it costs so much to live.--3 Doors Down

I could never, ever be seen dead in your shoes, because you always wear ugly shoes. --Thabo Mbeki

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 10-30-2002).]

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainy
Neophyte
Member # 91

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Rainy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He had known a friend of mine and had been asking questions about me. Then about two weeks after we were introduced, he asked me out. Were together for about 2 years. But then things happened.
Posts: 19 | From: NW Indiana | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
he walked up to me, started talking, and never quite went away

------------------
Living proof that it's hip to be square .

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum7/HTML/000526.html
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.