Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Why Boys Are Fun

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why Boys Are Fun
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Miss Thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just looking at some of the topics, and there are lots of girls posting messages who seem to be terrified of boys and the whole idea of relationships. I know that boys sometimes can be confusing, and weird, and stupid, but I thought it's be nice if we all posted the reasons why we love boys! Has a boy done something nice for you recently? Is there a certain boy who's smile makes your heart jump? Love the way boys act all nonchalant about stuff when really they care a lot? Tell us about it! I myself have a boyfriend who is a total sweetheart, and is just such a gentleman. My favorite thing about him by far is his eyes. They are so incredibly sexy- like Abercrombie model sexy-and there are times when he is serious and he looks at me with those eyes and I feel like he can just see everything inside me. And then when he laughs, his eyes squint and he looks like a little boy. I love watching boys laugh. They have such darling smiles. Ok, that's my contribution. Now everybody post what you love about boys in general, or YOUR boy, or whatever you want. NO BASHING BOYS HERE!!
Posts: 211 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 5613

Icon 12 posted      Profile for 311     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Thang:
I was just looking at some of the topics, and there are lots of girls posting messages who seem to be terrified of boys and the whole idea of relationships...

Oh, so *that's* why I've never had a girlfriend, all of the girls are afraid of me. I thought I was just a huge loser.

[This message has been edited by 311 (edited 10-24-2001).]

Posts: 6 | From: Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like boys (sometimes) because they can be sweet and the most wonderful people in the world (when they arent around their friends).

Thats all I can think of for right now.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasper
Activist
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kasper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend, does not show his emotions well. But when he does I LOVE it. Like Ill ask him if he misses me and hell say what do you think. The other day when I was home for the wkend, he said when can I have you for more than just a wkend, I need to clone you. I thought that was soooo sweet. I love just being with him, it makes me feel like all my probs are gone. Hes great!
Posts: 213 | From: *Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphirecat
Activist
Member # 5317

Icon 10 posted      Profile for sapphirecat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I love about the boys I've loved is that they don't talk dirty, even around their friends when they don't know I'm listening. They didn't complain about me or call me a pervert or assume I was a masochist for wearing a leash. (It's always amazed me that so many people think liking bondage means liking being whipped.)

What I love about the girl I'm currently involved with is how neither of us minds being randomly hugged by the other, and how we can talk about absolutely anything.

------------------
Sapphire Cat
You can love me or hate me, but it won't change who I am.

Posts: 235 | From: Louisville KY (St. Matthews) | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This might have to be edited by the admin. because it'll be freakin' long!

I love the way they smile. I love the way they laugh. I love boys eyes, because they all have long eyelashes. I love the way they walk, I love the way they talk. I love everything about boys. I am boy crazy!

------------------
"Only in America, dreamin' in red white and blue."
-Brooks and Dunn

Life is not a fair, a fair is a place you show cows

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 14 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love boys! Most of my friends are male so there's a lot for me to love. One of my favorite things is how they treat me like a friend, without any special treatment because I'm a girl.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littleone
Activist
Member # 4571

Icon 7 posted      Profile for littleone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
totally and for sure i have to agree :)
i love my boy(man) because i just do. he is my everything :)

as for boys, most of my friends are male as well
and i love the way they treat me normal, like one of the guys...except they never hit me...not unless duly provoked :))and i love my close friends, who treat me like their sister. aww :))

Posts: 83 | From: toronto | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a lot of guy friends. they're great. we hang around and do computer geek stuff. they ask me for advice about girls. or if they've got girlfriends, we'll talk about "girlfriend stuff." or we'll just geek around, belch, and talk smack about our lab users (pathetic is trying to find MSWord on a Solaris machine ... haha, we're elitists).

------------------
Living proof that it's hip to be square .

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beautiful day
Activist
Member # 3703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beautiful day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay well i can honestly say that im kinda a MAN hater.. but.. at the same time i love them.... its like a love hate relationship.. u love em when u got em and they love u back.. u hate em when they're gone.. however.. since this is about things i love about them ill say i love how they make me feel sometimes.. the way they look at me.. the way they hold me.. and all that sappy sappy stuff u know..
Posts: 59 | From: Toronto/Ont/Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love guys..my guy especially because he can be sweet even when we're around other people. I also love it how his hands fit around my waist jussssst right!
Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Miss Thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh like this thread, which I started. Hey-I forgot to say that for all y'all who love the girls- you can post what ya love about them, too! I neglected to mention that, I was just thinkin bout the boys. Hey, I love boys, but there are things I love about girls, too!
Posts: 211 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not afraid of boys... they're afraid of me!

------------------
When she woke in the morning,
she knew that her life had passed her by,
and she called out a warning,
"don't ever let life pass you by."

-"Warning"~Incubus

~^*shanna leigh*^~

The girl formerly known as Creed Chick

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by justagirl04:
I'm not afraid of boys... they're afraid of me!

Oh, I hear ya. I think that I intimidate my boyfriend. I get raging PMS, and I don't really discuss it with him, so he thinks I just get terrible moodswings out of nowhere. Maybe I should try to explain to him...

Nocturnal Kitten
Activist
Member # 5316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nocturnal Kitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love guys...most of the time. I love how sweet they can be, how secure they make you feel, how they can act like a knight on a white horse, how wonderful it feels when they say they love you. There is a lot I hate about them as well, but I'll save that for another topic.

------------------
It took so long to remember just what happened.
I was so young and vestal then.

Posts: 50 | From: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlutterBy01
Neophyte
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlutterBy01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... i am just the girliest girl you will ever meet. And too shy. Like, normally I am pretty articulate, but when i get the chance to talk to this guy i am majorly crushing on, i manage to say something like "Hi.... yeah.... huminahuminahimina..." (honeymooners lol), and whack my forehead later for being so stupid. Sigh. But about guys... When they smile at you, you always end up walking into something... oww, actually lol... oh! holding doors is so sweet, a little saying but leaves an impression... sigh, slightly spiky hair i have a thing for hehe, i could go on... but i am too busy thinking about loverboy...

------------------
"He who has a thousand friends
Has not a friend to spare,
While he who has one enemy
Shall meet him everywhere." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Posts: 21 | From: Boca Raton, Florida, U.S.A. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 6 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since we can say what we like about girls, here I go:

- They can be so sweet
- They can make you happy just by talking with you

I mean, girls too can be weird and all, but I don't think there a reason why to be afraid of them. If both sides think such thing, it won't be long that this world will be empty.

Another thing, some girls think they have to do a lot to make their guy happy. I don't think so. We also like little things, like a phone call, a sweet note and stuff like that. Don't need to do anything huge to impress us. We like you natural

David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardc0resuperstar
Neophyte
Member # 5698

Icon 10 posted      Profile for hardc0resuperstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys are such

-***PLEASE DONT USE THAT WORD HERE, THERE ARE A LOT OF OTHER WORDS YOU CAN USE~THANK YOU***-

but I love them regardless I love how they can be so oblivious to things, and while it may piss you off, the more you think about it, its kind of funny. And I love the way their hair looks after they wake up. Guys bedhead is mega cute. Girls bedhead on the otherhand... Well, cant say the same *laughs*

[This message has been edited by glitter695 (edited 10-30-2001).]

Posts: 11 | From: A galaxy far far away. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jazzpenguin
Activist
Member # 5272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jazzpenguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boys shoulders are so much better than girls'. They're bigger and have more contours, and feel nicer.

On the emotional side, boys (nice ones at least) can be so affectionate without saying or doing anything - just by their prescence and sheer will. I don't get that with girls.

Plus side about girls - they're less homophobic, and generally more tolerant.

------------------
jz

Posts: 59 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 14 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
jazzpenguin - I know exactly what you mean! If I've just had a great time with a guy friend I will feel warm and cozy, like we spent the time cuddling or something of that nature. It makes me feel really good.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitlam
Neophyte
Member # 5702

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Whitlam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is why my particular boy is fun. ~grin~

- He's really good for cuddling.
- He thinks I'm cute no matter what I look like.
- He's not at all reserved in telling me how he feels about me - yay! A boy who isn't too confusing.
- He makes me feel really safe.
- He really good for cuddling.
Hmmmm, yeah, I think you get the picture. ~grin~ There's heaps of other stuff but I'd be here forever. ~grin~

Oh btw, I'm new to this board so I just thought I'd say "Hi! ~waves~ I'm Whitlam. I'm 22 and from Australia!"

Cheers!
Whit
xoxo
-

[This message has been edited by Whitlam (edited 10-30-2001).]

Posts: 1 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

I'm with you on the cuddling, Whitlam. I also realized today how much I love the nicknames that my boyfriend gives me. They're not cute like, "Honey" or "Sweetie" or anything; they're nicknames that he uses when he's teasing me- I think he's the funniest person ever. Does anybody elses significant other give them nicknames? Are they cute ones or funny ones?
Annie Juliet
Neophyte
Member # 5776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie Juliet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the sweetest boyfriend.... last week i was totally stressed out about school and grades and teachers and parents and the list could go on forever...... so i was talking to him one night and he made me list out everything that was bugging me, which in itself helped to relieve some of the stress and then the next day i come to school and find my locker filled with rose petals....one petal for everything that was stressing me out (a lot of things were stressing me out)and the he comes up behind be, covers my eyes, and hands me a single red rose (de-thorned) to remind me that no matter what, he will always be there for me.
Posts: 20 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Whitlam, do you call yourself after the band, or the prime minister? Or both?
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jazzpenguin
Activist
Member # 5272

Icon 6 posted      Profile for jazzpenguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Annie Juliet, you have the sweetest boyfriend - hang on to that one. I just realised that I forgot to comment on the whole "I like boys because they're boys" thing. There's no real reason why I or any gay bloke/ straight female likes boys save for the fact that they dig the whole male package (no double meaning intended.)

But I still think boys' shoulders are the best bit.

------------------
jz

Posts: 59 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spit
Neophyte
Member # 5812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i utterly agree with the loving of the shoulders.

ilike boys because they're willing to fight back. i can sit around and exchange insults at lunch with my dumbass guy friends, or go out for a movie with my quote-unquote-boyfriend and then we'll drive thirty miles to Central Washington University just to walk around at ten at night.

boys rock because they both scream and whisper, yell and laugh, bite and kiss.

Posts: 5 | From: selah, the catbox of Washington state. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by spit:
boys rock because they both scream and whisper, yell and laugh, bite and kiss

Ah! That is the perfect line to sum up the boys!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.