Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » love

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: love
kimmie171984
Neophyte
Member # 5530

Icon 7 posted      Profile for kimmie171984     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
love is such a beautiful thing something two ppl share for the rest of thier lifes like i know i am in love i cant stand bein without him ever.........i love watching him. sleep,watchin him do anything what do u thin k our good loves songs me an my b/f song is hanging by a moment they are good song......what has ur longest relationship been??
Posts: 9 | From: atco,nj,usa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IMO, love has many faces (romantic love, parental love, platonic love....), and doesn't have to be just between two people of different genders either. I don't think that love has to "last a life time", I have had relationships where -even though I was a bit sad- the end made me realize that now simply was the time to move on, and that the romantic love me and my partner had had would change to something else.

And please: show your love (and the fact you have read the guidelines) for this community and make an effort to write with care to grammar, spelling and punctuation. Thank you.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My longest relationship is the one that I am in now! Almost 2 years! December 3 will be two years. Lets hope on this anny that I wont get bit by anything this time. Especially a squirrel!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH Damn squirrels!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jazzpenguin
Activist
Member # 5272

Icon 6 posted      Profile for jazzpenguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My great love is for my best friend. After taking the advice of Miz Scarlet I left the friendship at platonic, despite my being gay, and him being the most beautiful guy in the world.....
But I still watch him sleep and let him lie next to me for comfort and tell him he's gorgeous, and our friendship is now about as deep as it gets.
We have some weird moments like when he tells me for ages about how much he loves his girlfriend and I just lie there, staring at him in adoration, but it's never uncomfortable.
I love him. Lots. I dunno whether he returns my love in the same quantity, but that doesn't bother me any more, because I know he loves me enough.

------------------
jz

Posts: 59 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My longest relationship was my first relationship actually, which lasted for 1 year and 2 months...

jazzpenguin - that is a great relationship you have I've come to the conclusion that real friendships are so much more important than some romance, and it's fun when we know we like one person enough to want a romantic relationship, but we'd rather just stay good friends, as when we do stay good friends the relationship is great because it's really love only we don't have the romantic stuff going on... And I've found that only now... It's great when we care so much for someone that cares as much for us, and we don't feel any kind of pressure coming from the kind of relationship "romantic relationships" are

(I don't think I made any sense but I'm off to bed now hehe)

------------------
~Sallynha
The Beautiful Smile Hides The Troubled Soul

ICQ# 123898306

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink_chick
Neophyte
Member # 5546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink_chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently in a relationship that has lasted for almost 1year, and 2 months. I really love this guy a lot. Our relationship will definatly be put to a great test though in about 2 weeks. He is going away to collage, and leaving me here to finish high school. I guess the long distance will really prove how strong our relationship is.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by glitter695:
My longest relationship is the one that I am in now! Almost 2 years! December 3 will be two years.

That's cool.. me and Luke's two year is December 10th. (Which is also my b-day)

------------------
I know the pieces fit because I watched them fall away
Mildewed and smoldering; fundamental differing.

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

Icon 10 posted      Profile for *ShellerBabe*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the one i am in now, which is my first real one. We have been going out 2 months Oct. 24 )
Posts: 117 | From: America..~*hehe*~ | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My longest relationship would have to be the on I'm in right now [which is also my first real relationship] we have been going out for almost 3 months now, and I hope we go out for alot longer, because I love him to bits!
Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.