Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » stood up by my boyfriend, how should i react.??i am frustrated

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: stood up by my boyfriend, how should i react.??i am frustrated
lanegritalinda2002
Activist
Member # 5380

Icon 8 posted      Profile for lanegritalinda2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend of almost 2 years of whom works full time as remains busy said that he was going to come and see me yesterday and he never came. he said he called , buy i was not able to receive the call. this has made me want to break up with him but i know he loves me and i love him. but i dont like being stood up. should i let it go or break up with him?? iam unsure becauz i am very insecure about our relationship but he thinks that i am overreacting. what should i do?????

------------------

Posts: 50 | From: stnmtn ga usa | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take a deep breath, sweetie. Feel better?

Ok, now nobody likes to be stood up. And it's not cool when it happens, either on purpose, or by accident. But we all have to recognize that occasionally there will be things in our lives, or our partners lives that may change plans suddenly. Sometimes phones don't work, or cars break down, or bosses demand that we work late. Such are the things of life.

Unless this is an ongoing problem (ie. you're being stood up everytime you turn around), then I don't think there's any reason to worry. It sounds like your boyfriend tried to get ahold of you, but for some reason, it just didn't work. And it sounds like he's sorry. Sometimes circumstances are out of our control, and things happen. Don't panic. Understanding and forgiveness are some of the most key parts of any relationship.

~KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate

------------------
"Not everything in this magical world is quite what it seems"

"Remember, I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together!"

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lanegritalinda2002
Activist
Member # 5380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lanegritalinda2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thankz,kitten goddess. i think one of the things that stresses me most in my life is that i worry too much and take some things too seriously. like 2 days in a row, i did not speak to him and this made me furious , but i had to consider he has a fulltime job and he is busy. but how do i know when he dosent want to be with me or am just overreacting. I AM SO AFRAID OF BEING HURT IN MY RELATIONSHIP AND I THINK THIS IS HINDURING ME IN GROWING MORE IN LOVE AND TRUSTING HIM, PLEASE REPLY.
Posts: 50 | From: stnmtn ga usa | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetie...this is two days, in a relationship that's lasted two years. And he apologized...do you really think he would have done that if he didn't want to be with you? Relax a bit, put a little bit of trust in him.
Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.