Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Not trusting a friend...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not trusting a friend...
Kasper
Activist
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kasper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok guys, sorry to ask for advice again but here it goes.

I had a best friend in high school for 6 yrs. She has always been really flirty and all over guys. Before I was going out with my bf she was kinda all over him. When we started going out she backed off a bit. I kinda know she dident like him, but it bothered me a lil the way she would constantly flirt with him.

All 3 of us went out about 2 months ago. She wasent as flirty (like touchy) but the way she was talking kinda got to me. I dident say anything and I let it go.

I havent seen her in 2 months, or really talked to her for that long either too.

Recently she got a computer and got online. She got a hold of me, and was talking for a lil. She asked me for my bf screen name. I signed off quick and dident give it to he(that probably wasent the best thingy to do). I havent talked to her since then. Ive been avoiding her.

Well last night my bf went to look for a job, and they bumped into each other. I guess they exchanged sn, and were talking online last night. It got me a lil upset, but I dident tell him what I was thinking, when I know I should have.

Well Im trying to say is that I dont trust my friend. She never wants me to have anything, and Im thinking now that Ive got him, she wants him. What can I do!? I dont think Im being selfish or jealous? Its just the facts. Thanks alot!

Posts: 213 | From: *Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then you have to talk to her and tell her how you feel about the situation. You cant just stop talking to your best friend, maybe she doesnt even know that she is doing what she is doing. You have to view her side of the story also.

Talk to her, and see what happens. Then give us an update.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasper
Activist
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kasper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What if she gets offened by me even thinking something like that?
Posts: 213 | From: *Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well if she is your friend then she should understand where you are coming from.

You dont come out and say "Well I dont trust you." You say something for her to get a clue on what you are feeling.

I know that it is hard, but its something that you have to do.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glitter's dead on with this one.

Talk to her about it. Just letting it lie and avoiding her will get nothing done. And if you're really feeling unsure, why don't you talk to your boyfriend about and tell him how you're feeling?

------------------
Smile, though your heart is breaking....

My crazy little universe....

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there....
With open arms and open eyes...."

-Incubus

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasper
Activist
Member # 5439

Thanks guys alot!

I emailed her asking her how school and stuff was, and I told her I heard she seen my bf. She said yea, and told me what they talked about and stuff. I think she was being honest. If she was gonna do something, she wouldent be honest right?

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.