Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Im so sad!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Im so sad!
cutechick88
Neophyte
Member # 4655

Icon 9 posted      Profile for cutechick88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I thought I had gotten over my boyfriend.But I havent yet.Then he calls me because were friends and says Oh yeah so and so came over here and she was sitting on my bed.That really hurt my feelings.I think im depressed,because I can't really sleep,Im 14 going on 15 Im like 5'6 and I normally weigh like 100 lbs but I lost like 5 lbs.I can't eat,I can't concentrate in class.It bugs me because everytime I tell my mom she's like your only 14 you don't know what love is.She dosen't even know what we did.If she did she'd probably know how I feel.But Im sad and I always cry,and people tell me im overly emotional.I can't help it.Every time I see him I just wanna cry.Please tell me what I should do.Thanks.
Posts: 15 | From: Houston,Texas,Usa | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Breaking up is hard to do, hon.

You aren't overly emotional because you're hurt or angry when you see your ex. These feelings are perfectly normal and anyone who's criticizing them is in no position to tell you otherwise. Seeing someone you were close with from a distant point is one of the hardest things a person can go through in life. But, rest assured, it will be okay.

Sometimes after breakups, one or both partners goes through a period of depression. A lot of different thing factor into each case, but it is normal. The best thing you can do right now, believe it or not, is to talk about it. Tell you best friends how you feel. If you feel your mother doesn't understand then explain to her clearly where you're coming from. Having those people to back you up and support you can be one of the best things to lift your spirits!

Take care.

------------------
Smile, though your heart is breaking....

My crazy little universe....

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there....
With open arms and open eyes...."

-Incubus

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whythingsburn
Neophyte
Member # 5363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whythingsburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I fell in love for the first time when I was 14. That break-up hurt as much as any I've ever gone through -- I think your mom might just not want to see you hurting -- surely she knows you know how to love, right? I mean, you love her...

What makes you feel good? What keeps your mind busy? It helps me to only listen to happy music (put the badly drawn boy away for now!), to stay busy, to do things with friends that keep me preoccupied, that I have to use my mind for.

I know it doesn't help much, but time will help these feelings go away -- it's just getting through this time that sucks.

Take care.

Posts: 3 | From: san francisco, ca, usa | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lgray
Activist
Member # 2930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lgray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I've mentioned this idea to a few girls before, and it's kinda stupid but it helped a lot back in the day. A couple of my friends and I were all going through some messed up stuff w/ guys. I was dating this guy who treated me terribly-yet I was hooked on him, my friend was trying to deal w/ a long-distance relationship (she came from Nebraska to North Carolina) and my other friend had just broken up w/ her highschool sweetheart. So, we started a night at "The Pit". We all worked at a resturant and called the smoking section "The Pit", and b/c we were all in the pits, we would split a dessert once a week w/ all girls and just talk about our love problems and offer advice and support. It only lasted like a month, but it helped me threw hard times when I needed it. Plus, it's just a fun girly thing!!
Posts: 62 | From: Raleigh, NC, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.