Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Sibling Relations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sibling Relations
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just curious how everyone gets along (if at all) with their siblings.

I have a brother who is 3 years older than me and about to enter sophmore year in college. We get along really well and I was absolutely devastated last summer when we drove out to California to "get rid of him" at Berkeley (where he goes to school). But then I got used to him being gone and took over his room (*snicker*) and we talk tons now either on the phone or IM. Then, later this year, in October probably, I'll be going out to visit him for a few days. It'll rock.

Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one brother, he's a year and a half older than me. We used to fight sooo much when we were younger but we've outgrown that stage. I think it's mostly because now we never have to see each other, he goes to a different school, and he has a computer in his room so he only appears when he's hungry. In the summer he has his job and I'm out of town...it works nicely. So, we never fight, but we're not close. He's a really good kid, no girlfriends, no drugs, no smoking, no alchohol, nothing illigal, nothing bad. And...well, I'm not such a good kid. It wouldn't be so bad but he likes to pretend he's my third parent. Not to mention he gets treated favorably...but that's not his fault.

So I love him, but he's still my brother :/

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have two brothers, one who's 18(2 years older) and one who's 12 (3 years younger). I used to get in a lot more fights with them and think it'd be really kewl to be an only child or have a sister. But now i wouldn't trade 'em for anything in the world.

My older brother isn't around as much anymore because he works has friends, and a girlfriend, and i really love to hold on to the childhood memories i had with him, whether or not he was beating me up, or giving me hugs, hehe.

My younger brother is around all too often, hehe, and he's just entering the puberty/bratty-teen age and is a little too mouthy, but i love him too, and i can't wait to see how he's gonna be when he's 18.

So, yeah, i have a good relationship with my brothers, and i love to be the middle child and the only girl, and i would never give my brothers up for anything!

------------------
...Everybody knows what a store-bought sweater looks like. But man, when you see a home-knitter on the street, it's obvoius, you know?"
-Hawksley Workman

------------------------
"You already know at least 4 women who've been raped...and you don't even know it."

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a brother and a step brother. I really dont like either of them and have a horrible relationship with my step brother especially. My real brother is completely different then me and he treats me like crap because of it. Of course I am not too close with anyone in my family. I think i would trade him in for a sister who always got in trouble (so i wouldnt have to be the "bad" kid anymore)
Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbabe4u
Neophyte
Member # 2473

Icon 12 posted      Profile for sweetbabe4u     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'm 15 and my half brother that lives w/ me is almost 2 years old. Since he's so young me and can't talk all that good yet our's is pretty tight. Than my half sister that lives w/ my dad is about 5 years old. Since I never see her that often just every other month moreless ours isn't that great. I mean we're close and I love her but I mean she is totally different from me. I dont know i think she is gonna get made fun of alot when she starts school but anyhow!

Luv ya,
Ashley

Posts: 14 | From: AR | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got one sister, she's 3 years younger than me. We get along really well for the most part. We've just always been very very close.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Not everything in this magical world is quite what it seems"

"Remember, I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together!"

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one sister who lives on the other side of the country. Our relationship wasn't all that close really until she left for college. We found out that in general, we get along better if we're in separate states. Not to say that we were fighting all the time growing up because a lot of the time she was like my best friend, but well, absence makes the heart grow fonder. I'm still really not all that close to her, but I can call her up and we can talk for a couple of hours...but there is still a lot about me that I don't care to share with her.

------------------
"1970 called. Al Pacino wants his car back."

blackbird's blog

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*~swak~*
Neophyte
Member # 4396

Icon 7 posted      Profile for *~swak~*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well im 15, stuck in the middle between a very cool 24 year old sister and an 11 year old sister who im getting along with pretty well now. Ever since I was really little my older sister and I got along so well. We share clothes, go shopping, share stories about guys/sex, play games n act like were best friends. My little sister and I got along until when I was about 11. Then she started gettin on my nerves and I got to that age where I pretty much hated everyone but myself and my friends. I tortured my little sister all the time. But recently shes been growing up and now we hang out and talk and she kinda helps me act like a kid again when Im trying to be more mature than I actually am and the 3 of us have fun together. Its going really well now!

[This message has been edited by *~swak~* (edited 08-13-2001).]

Posts: 13 | From: Cali,USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MonkeyGurl7
Neophyte
Member # 4912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MonkeyGurl7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay I am 17 and I have 2 older brothers.One is 19 and the other is 23. While they both lived at home all me and the 19 year old did was fight. Fist fight. Now he lives somewhere else and I miss him so much. I won't see him for 2 years. My 23 year old brother is married and expecting and they live about 3 hours away. I see them pretty often considering how far away they are but it sucks. I love them a lot!

------------------
MonkeyGurl7

Posts: 22 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.