Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » this crush has blocked my BRAIN!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: this crush has blocked my BRAIN!!!
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 11 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't take it anymore. This isn't even fun! All I can think about is being with him, what he's doing, and how much I like him. I know that all he wants is the sexual side of our so called "relationship" and I feel like my brain is on overload thinking about every move he makes. Why am I obsessing over this? It's just a crush! How can somebody possibly enjoy this feeling?!

------------------
"I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal"
~Incubus

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Poor lilnerd. It isn't the most enjoyable feeling but it surely is exciting, isn't it? Well I hope you get over this feeling... but who knows if you really want to get over it or not. Should I wish you good luck at getting him or is it better that I wish him to go away? Well, I hope it works out the way you want it to, what ever that may be.
Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camryn
Activist
Member # 1242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for camryn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lilnerd - I loved the title of your topic. Oh boy, do I remember that feeling! I think what SlowCookie said made a lot of sense. I know when I found myself in this situation bigtime that I was in need of some kind of drama. Some of my friends even started refering to me as a drama queen and I let myself get really worked up about the whole crush even though I knew it wasn't a hundred percent mutual (like in your situation he was definitely sexually attracted to me though).

Do you really want to get over this now? I promise you will get over it when you're ready. In the meantime try not sink too far into this feeling. It's been my experience that the deeper you let yourself get into this emotionally the harder it is to pull yourself out of it.

Posts: 42 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 9 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, its been my experience that in situations like these, yer s**t out of luck. You basically have to sit through it, and hope that it either evolves into a real relationship, or that the feelings just go away. With me, its always the latter that happens, because my crushes are never mutual. Guys don't like me. *le sigh*

I wish I could offer you some real advice, just like I wish someone could offer *me* advice at times like these, but the truth is there isn't much to be said. You just have to keep going through the motions. There isn't anything that can be done. Sorry.

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards...

"Ni! Ni! Niii!" -Monty Python & the Holy Grail

"Dream dangerous, and thanks for the poem!"
- what Neil Gaiman signed in my copy of "American Gods". I gave him a poem I wrote.

"Christina Aguilera tried to make out with me! But I shut her down!" -Joel from Good Charlotte. Its a loooong story. ;)

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.