Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » love songs...sigh

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: love songs...sigh
Emerald
Neophyte
Member # 4498

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Emerald     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what are your favorite love songs? any good stories to go with them?
-emerald

Posts: 7 | From: CA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great topic!

I love the accoustic version of Eric Clapton's "Layla" and "The World I Know" by Collective Soul. But the best one, by far, is "Crash Into Me" by the Dave Matthews Band.

I'm also loving this new Soul compilation album my boyfriend bought. Lots of late-night dancing sessions.

------------------
Smile, though your heart is breaking....

My crazy little universe....

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there....
With open arms and open eyes...."

-Incubus

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SweetBeyond
Activist
Member # 3250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweetBeyond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have many favorite love songs.. mainly because they remind me of my guy which makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. But my latest favorites are:

3 Doors Down - So I Need You
Stabbing Westward - Angel
And all Frank Sinatra songs =)

Posts: 63 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
golden101
Activist
Member # 3133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for golden101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite love songs are---

1) Brian McKnight-"Back at one"
2)Lonestar- "Amazed"

I like a lot of other songs, but i really like those two.

------------------
*~*Golden*~*

*A person that asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, a person who doesn't is a fool forever*

Posts: 227 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
one song that i like is "La La La Means I Love You" by the Delphonics. it's an oldie but i first heard it when i went to see "The Family Man" on my first date with Ryan.
another one is "Stellar" by Incubus "How do you do it? make me feel like i do? how do you do it? it's better than i ever knew..."
dave matthews band... hmmm "crash" is a good one but there are just too many sexual implications in that to apply it to me and my boy. but "Space Between" by dave matthews band is a good choice. mainly, for me, because one night ryan and i and my best friend hannah and my good friend kristan were at the lake (erie) and it was late, like 1230 or so, and ryan and i went out on the end of the concrete pier and sat down. the water was dark, no waves, it was kind of raining gently, you could see the light from the harbor a couple towns away and the atmosphere made us think of the video. so that along with a great song makes for a good memory.
and one for kicks, i made ryan a cd for his graduation present, and i put mostly songs on there that kind of fit with us or how i felt, some were just on there cuz they were good songs though. one that i put on there for all of the above was new kids on the block "the right stuff" haha, he says he forgets it's on there sometimes and he'll listen to is and all of a sudden "oh oh o-o-oh..." haha
so yeah!

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheOosh
Neophyte
Member # 4878

Icon 12 posted      Profile for TheOosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
weird enough, when I was 5 yrs old, my favorite song was "everything i'll do, ill do it for you" by bryan adams. The one i love right now, dann (broken up.. blah blah), he loves that song too and told me that he wanted it to be his wedding song, but the Punk Cover version. How weird!?
Posts: 15 | From: NY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scorpio
Activist
Member # 4154

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmm well i wouldn't consider this song a "love" song but it reminds me of my boyfriend and the awesome 3 weeks we spent out in the middle of now where.

Shaggy's Angel. On the first night of camping i pulled out this had which has a patch that says "angel" on it and he started singing that song. Now he sings it a lot to me. It took me the entire 3 weeks to realize he was singing it about me. We were going out on day 5 but still i just thought it was stuck in his head. What can i say i'm slow some times

Posts: 83 | From: Seattle, Washington | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find that "Walls" by Tom Petty always makes me glow all over. I wish someone would sing that about me!

"Church on Sunday" by Green Day is actually another really sweet song. It's about a guy who wants to go out with a girl so badly that he's asking her if he promises to go to church on Sunday, will she go out with him on Friday night.

------------------
"1970 called. Al Pacino wants his car back."

blackbird's blog

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Iris" by goo goo dolls even though its kind of cliche. I like the words okay???

"Here with me" Dido. It is a very pretty song.

"I will be there for you" by Jessica Andrews. It was on the Prince of Egypt soundtrack.

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clover
Neophyte
Member # 4337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello one and all!!

Well my all time favorite love song would have to be Hanging By a Moment by Lifehouse. Everytime I hear it I blast the radio so loud!! hehe It's the greatest song ever!

Posts: 11 | From: Ny | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Everything"-Lifehouse

This song makes me cry!

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
We're here and now, but will we ever be again
'Cause I have found
All that shimmers in this world is sure to fade away again

~*SHaNNa*~

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh yeah.. "If I Was the One"-Ruff Endz

I loved that every since I heard it on the movie, Center Stage!

------------------

We're here and now,
but will we ever be again
'Cause I have found
All that shimmers in this world
is sure to fade away again

~*SHaNNa*~

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siouxsie
Activist
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siouxsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i love love songs, they are the best ones. except punk ones (grrrrrrrr, sorry bad me, touchy spot).
mansun's only love song - mansun
i do - weezer
miss you love - silverchair
two stars - my life story
lost in you - ash
i miss you - incubus
kiss them for me - siouxsie and the banshees
the passion of lovers - bauhaus
every you every me - placebo
your sweet 666 - HIM
there are heaps more and i am sorry that the list is sooooooooo long, but as i said, i love love songs. they are so deep and emotional, just wow!

------------------
One owes respect to the living. To the dead one owes only truth ~ the Crow

Posts: 48 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BladeRunner
Neophyte
Member # 3764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BladeRunner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The main theme of braveheart (william courts murron)

Wonderfull tonight of Clapton

Lonely Nights of Scorpion

and ofcourse Parissiene walkways as well as still got the blues of Gary Moore

Posts: 13 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.