Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Why....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why....
Member # 4675

Icon 8 posted      Profile for donutduchess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I swear, I dunno about guys these days.

Mine went on vacation, and I was talking to him. I cant talk for to long cuz of long distance. But anyways, I was playing around and was asking him about the girls there. He told me he found a hott chic. I was like oh thats nice, did you talk to her. He was like no. I can look but not touch.

Do you think he was telling me this to get me jealous!?! Should I be worried (I am a lil bit)?! Thanks guys!

Posts: 76 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 3023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think he was just being honest with you.

I mean, think of it this way: He could have told you that, yeah, he talked to her... and you would have been really upset. But he didn't talk to her. He was telling you "Look, I saw someone and I'm still devoted to you."

Personally, my SO and I have had several conversations of the "look but don't touch" variety during our relationship. The fact that he said that says to me that he's devoted as it always has when me and my SO discuss it. It's a very nice little rule and the fact that he's imposing it on himself while away from you is a GOOD thing.

But he's being honest with you--he looked at another girl. That's all. We all look at other people.

That's my take on it, anyway. I'd be happy to hear those kinds of things with my SO rather than A) have him pretend or B) hear that, yeah, he came really close with some random girl I don't know...

Visit -- Disability and Sexuality.
Or, find out how to join the teen discussion list
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.
--Joe Ancis

Posts: 141 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When he told you that he looked, but didn't touch, he was trying to show you how he's committed to you. He was being forthright and honest. And those are both qualities I admire in a partner.

I can understand how it would make you jealous, but haven't you ever been out and saw some very attractive guy and just looked at him? I mean, you wouldn't need to want anything to happen between the two of you, but you just wanted to look? Same idea.

Smile, though your heart is breaking....

My crazy little universe....

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there....
With open arms and open eyes...."

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 312

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me add something else:

You were kind of teasing him when you asked about the girls there (and in my opinion kind of "asking for it" hehe), so he just gave you an answer to tease you back, as a joke, and it could be that he didn't see any chick after all and you were both joking

I agree with Cypher, when he said he could look but not touch he sounded like he was being honest and showing what he'd just said before was joking, and showing you it's you who he wants So, there is no reason to be worried sweetie

But if you find you'd really like to clear this out, give him a call and ask him straight if he was really joking or serious about it all

ICQ# 123898306

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.