Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » boyfriend trouble

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: boyfriend trouble
Chic495
Neophyte
Member # 4661

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Chic495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, my boyfriend and I have been going out for almost TWO years. However, lately he's been totally ignoring me and just "not caring" about me. He tried to end it a few weeks ago, but I got so upset and he said that we could try and work things out. He left for Atlanta, GA, for the rest of the summer last week and he stil hasn't called. Should I try and work things out with him? I love him more than anything and couldn't imagine my life without him. However, all my friends want me to dump him so bad. I don't know what to do. He IS a really big jerk to me, but I love him. I need help!
Posts: 23 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The worst thing you can do is to stay in a relationship that is not fulfilling to your needs. If he is being a jerk, and has been for a while then maybe it is time to move on. Love, sorry to say, is not enough to keep a relationship strong and alive. Plenty of people who love each other get divorced because things are just not working. And if he tried to break things off before then obviously this relationship is not satisfying him anymore either. By staying together you are possably causing more problems then you are fixing.

However, ALL relationships have their ups and downs. He might just be going through a time where he doesnt know what he wants. Lots of people think they are losing "the spark" in a relationship, only to find it again a few weeks (or even months) later.

My best suggestion is to move on, but keep in touch. Always keep an open mind, but remember that YOU come first, and you do NOT need a boyfriend. And just because there is no romantic relationship does not mean you dont love each other anymore. If and when you can get ahold of him perhaps you should tell him it is probably time to take a break, but you would like to keep in touch.

Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last line in your post pretty much said it all. Nobody deserves to be with someone who is a jerk to them. Period. Plain and simple. If he is a jerk and you love that, you are merely asking for trouble.

As difficult as it is, moving on and finding someone who is *not* a jerk to you would be a very prudent move. You never know...while you are all wrapped up in this boy, you may be missing someone even more perfect just beyond the horizon.

------------------
"Verdugo, Engine 14; you can cancel all units responding to this structure fire...this is just a dishwasher gone bad."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.