Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » long distance relationships..do they really work out??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: long distance relationships..do they really work out??
foxyandrews
Neophyte
Member # 4489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxyandrews     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me and this guy have resently started going out.. we are a state away from each other.. we have nver seen each other except in picures.. he has called me twice and talked for 3 hrs. he is to come down and visit me sometime . but will he .. i mean will this relationship last? i lvoe him so much and i think that he loves me..but he doesn't talk to me much any more . he says i love you but does he mean it?? i could use some real help. thenx!

------------------
*~foxy~*

Posts: 4 | From: tiffin,ohio,united states of america | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Foxy-

Why don't you use Scarleteen's handy dandy search function to search for stuff on LDRs. I can say that, from personal experience, they only work if both partners are willing to work at it and tough it out. This takes commitment and extreme trust on both ends.
Whatever you decide, good luck.

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi foxy,

why don't you ask your partner as to whether anything has changed for him? No one here is psychic and can know whether he means what he says.

Online relationships are a tricky thing, simply because some women go to extreme lengths to pretend that they are someone online who they aren't in real life. Despite that, rest assured that some online relationships can work out - some Scarleteeners have very successful & happy Onlien Relationships.

(and I'll move this to relationships, ok?)

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxyandrews
Neophyte
Member # 4489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxyandrews     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have another thing when we first started going out he told my best friend that he had another girl but she was a b*tch so he was gonna break up with her.. but he told my best friend not to tell me.. of course she told me but i was to say nothing to him so that he would not get mad at her...i have asked him recently if he had another girl and he replied yes..............you.. what should i do? tell him that i know about her and have my best friend get mad or not say anything and having it eating me inside???

------------------
*~foxy~*

Posts: 4 | From: tiffin,ohio,united states of america | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you need to confront him about this- as you say, it's eating you up inside. Whether online or offline, you need to have trust in your Significant Other. If he hasn't told you this, there are definitely a few problems in your relationship that you need to solve before you can make it lasting.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loneliestnumber
Neophyte
Member # 4503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loneliestnumber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to throw in my two cents..if there not needed, I'm sure someone will say so. And I'm probably repeating..
LDr's can and often do work out if the pair are willing to stick it through. But I thoroughly believe (and this is not to say it is true in your case. with my experiences, it's definetly true of mine.) a face-to-face meeting early in the relationship is a must. You never know a person completely until you can see facial expressions and here voice intonation.
But definetly, ask your fellow if something is wrong and confront him about this matter. You'll feel a lot better in the long run, trust me.

------------------
"Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run!"

C'mon, visit my website. You know you want to.
~Revelations.In.Black~

Posts: 38 | From: Somerset, KY, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
songbird
Neophyte
Member # 4482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for songbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried it once and he slept with another girl through the entire thing. And I felt bad when I was thinking of breaking it off with him for another guy! Erg. Stupidity... *laugh*
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.