Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » 10 Things I Hate About You

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 10 Things I Hate About You
ComeOriginal
Neophyte
Member # 2651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ComeOriginal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...what a clever subject title.

So again this really isn't a question, just a chance to talk about things...

I have really long hair and I'm leaving for a camping trip. I want to cut it really short so I told my boyfriend about this and he hated the idea. He told me not to do it and totally freaked out. Has any of YOUR girlfriends/boyfriends ever done anything like this? What did they get possessive over?

Posts: 33 | From: Georgetown, TX, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hon, your boyfriend freaked out about your hair lenght? Woah.
If I were you, I'd go and cut it. If someone's attraction to me depended so much on something as unimportant as...well...hair, I'd wonder whether (s)he'd be a partner I'd want to be with in the first place (says she with the very short hair).

I am just trying to think whether any of my partners ever got possessive about something similar, but really....hm....don't think so. They all supported me in the plans that I had, and well, my hair cut was never an issue, really.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xenon
Neophyte
Member # 2952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xenon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I say go for it... my girl friend has wanted to cut her hair short before and even though i didn't like the idea of it because she is a very beatiful person with her hair i just couldn't imagin her with out it and i told her that i wouldn't like it but i knew that if she did i wouldn't really care and i would still love her... latly she wanted to start dressin like a guy.. well in guys cloths and some clogon(SP?) and i told her that she would be better of not doing it for her own good and her reputation but i would still love her if she did... so if he really loves you then cut the hell out of that hair... has he ever seen you in the morning when you just woke up and your hair is all tore up and u have no makeup on and you have killer dragon breath? i know that my girlfriend and i have both seen each other that way and we still love each other both beacause of an acctraction to one another but also because of our personalities lock togeather... im not saying that we never have arguments or fights or anything like that but we still love each other for who we are... hope my little comment helped...

::XenonGFX::

Posts: 9 | From: CA,USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have much to say on the actual topic (except for pretty much repeating what Alaska said), but all I wanna say is that I went from fairly long hair to short hair and I love it. It was a bit of a shock at first, but then I got used to it and I doubt if I'm ever going back to long hair.
Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the opposite end, I went from very long to short hair and now I'm back at long again. I don't think I'll have short hair again for....a really long time. Once I'm too old to wear pigtails and look cute.

Having a possesive boyfriend is one thing...I've had many people tell me to never cut my hair and a few friends who were upset when I did. Our friendship/relationship didn't depend on my hair length, but it was agreed among all that it made things more interesting (like...when you're really bored you can spend 8 hours braiding my hair). If he just likes it...that's one thing, if he's going to break up with you if you cut it that's another.

But...I haven't ever really had anyone be so possesive of a body part. Although I once had a boyfriend who cut his hair. I was a little bummed out, as he was cuter with the longer hair (not even long hair, we're just talking about his bangs), but I got used to the new style and he was as cute as ever

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

"Just say no" fights teen pregnancy the way "hey, cheer up" fights manic depression.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duff
Activist
Member # 2176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, one time i said i was going to stop eating meat and my boyfriend freaked out. But not really. After that i was a fruitaterian for three days.
Posts: 162 | From: NYC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ComeOriginal
Neophyte
Member # 2651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ComeOriginal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah so I cut my hair...and I absolutely love it! I went to see him at his lunch break and he thought it was cute. Not bad at all! He said that I looked more elegant with long hair, beautiful with short hair, and irresistible all around(and then he kissed me)....awwwe! I love him
Posts: 33 | From: Georgetown, TX, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend is trying to convince me to chop it all off. i don't know whether this is some sort of conspiracy -- men (and women) dig my hair and it gets me *ahem* attention. A meter of the stuff will do that for ya.

but in my charitable mood as of late, i've been wondering whether or not some kids with alopecia or cancer might be better off with it. and i'm sick of getting caught in doors, on chairs, being charged extra at the salon, or having to maintain all this hair. still, it's my hair, and i don't think i can give it up just yet.

meanwhile, goatees worm by my boy have met with stern disapproval and get shaven immediately. i have had guys who looked good with the goatee, but this one isn't one of them. oh cripes, he showed me a pic of him sporting a full beard and i almost cried. i keep him well stocked on razors and foam.

------------------
"And who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yihaaaaa! good on ya for getting the hair cut, short hair rocks! - And good to hear that your partner reacted positively, too.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey i have short hair too! and i love it! yes... so anyways...

on the subject of partners doing things the other may not like...

ryan (not my boyfriend yet {still grr}) he was in the play west side story and he was bernardo. for those of you who don't know the show, bernardo is puerto rican. so ryan obviously had to look the part. he told me how he was thinking about going tanning... i hated the idea! not just cuz it was him, but i hate it in general... and i just looked at him oddly and shook my head and said "...please....don't do that..." in a little voice.. and i informed him how make-up that they have will cost a lot less and won't help induce skin cancer, so he didn't! yay!
he also had to dye his light brown hair, black... ooh and he looked sooo good! but it's growing out now... , i prefer it black... ohwell, he's still as great as ever! you can check him out at my new site, the address is in my sig!

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

check out my crappy little site! visit the sporkforest
hope to see ya there! haha

[This message has been edited by star1120 (edited 07-11-2001).]

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
i have had guys who looked good with the goatee, but this one isn't one of them

Heehee....I shaved my goatee off the other day and now I think I look funny. Sometimes you can really get used to the way you look...and when you change it you stare in the mirror and say "What the hell did I do that for?"

On the other hand, I no longer get dirty looks from some of the elderly people who live in my apartment, so that is a plus.

------------------
"Verdugo, Engine 14; you can cancel all units responding to this structure fire...this is just a dishwasher gone bad."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daisyluv
Activist
Member # 446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daisyluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend is a major stomach person and when I told him I was planning to get my belly peicered he like begged me not to..... actually he still does whenever I bring it up. But when I do it he said he'd live and love it cause it'd be a part of me

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") Daisy

Posts: 123 | From: My House, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camzie13
Activist
Member # 2908

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Camzie13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my bf without the title, dont ask, told me to shave my legs everyday, i just laughed, dont plan on it, and he didnt realy seem to care
Posts: 147 | From: NJ | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainy
Neophyte
Member # 91

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rainy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My darling seems to think that my best friend is also his best friend. I don't mind it but she does. Frankly, she can't stand him. But she knows I love him so she puts up with him.

Posts: 19 | From: NW Indiana | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.