Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » my crush likes my friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my crush likes my friend
saunchapanza
Neophyte
Member # 2737

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saunchapanza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is slightly more complicated than the title says. Okay, so this guy (we'll call him "Rob") and i have been friends for a while. A little while ago he told me that he was undecided about who he liked, and the choices were btween me and this other girl. He decided eventually he liked me. So for about a week after that we called eachother and talked, and did the usual new couple stuff. However, he never actually made an attachment to me (we weren't boyfriend /girlfriend etc). A little while later, I introduced him to one of my friends ("Rachel") he had talked online with before. I hung out with both of them for a day, then had to go on a weeklong vacation. When I got back, I heard that Rachel had brought a bunch of friends to Rob's house, and that her and Rob had talked on the phone and talked a lot. Yesterday I went walking around with her and Rob and 2 other friends, and Rob totally flirted with her. I have observed him in flirting action, so I know his tactics He claims not to like her, but every time i talk to him he asks if she's home or if I know where she is. Now I am probably acting like some jealous ex-girlfriend but i am really curiosu as to what the heck is going on! I would really appreciate it if someone more experianced could decipher this~thanx!
Posts: 20 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
inablondedaze
Neophyte
Member # 4431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for inablondedaze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey i think that you are thinking to much about it, if they say that nothing is going on. they could just be friends, that enjoy the time together and have a lot of things in common. i have a lot of guys that are just friends but people think that it is more then that but it really isn't at all. maybe you could ask them about it again, in a week or so and see if their feelings are the same or have changed, also if you are a lot like "rachel" then maybe when you were gone then "rob" wanted someone to hang out with like you! hope i helped a little at least!
Posts: 2 | From: douglas,wy,us | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super BubbleGum Gurl
Activist
Member # 2456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super BubbleGum Gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouchies....
This has happened to me before too. But I'm afraid if Rob likes Rachel, theres really not much you can do about it.
And if things do get further with Rob and Rachel, do NOT, I repeat DO NOT attempt to break them up....you'll only have 2 less friends later on. I learnt that from experience.

Luv,
Bubbles

------------------
The Bubble Blog...

Posts: 54 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet_angel_baby13
Neophyte
Member # 4481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet_angel_baby13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey i know who u feel, it happened to me, just talk to your friend and ask her whats going on if your not sure if u believe this guy, i duno good luck
Posts: 3 | From: Quebec Canada | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.