Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Your 'better half'?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your 'better half'?
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your better half? Your other half? Not a half at all?

How do you see yourself and your partner(s) in your relationship? Do you see that person as someone you can't live without, or someone who makes the journey a bit more pleasant? Someone who completes you, or someone who helps you add to who you already are?

And how do you feel this view affects your relationship?

~KittenGoddess

------------------
the kittenblog

"Follow me or perish, sweater monkeys!"
~from 'Bring It On'

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
let's see... ryan means a lot to me, but he's not quite my boyfriend...yet! but i liked one of your options you said, "someone who makes the journey a bit more pleasant"... definitely. i would not be as happy as i've been these past almost 7 months if i hadn't met him!

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonley gargoyal
Neophyte
Member # 4224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonley gargoyal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well to tell the truth the girl i have my eye on is like a piece of me it seems like i have no meaning to live with out her but that may just b that i get in 2 deep but this has only happened this one time!
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XoXoGrl8
Activist
Member # 2834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XoXoGrl8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think my boyfriend both adds to what makes me "me"! Even though lately we have been having problems I think I couldn't live without him... maybe I'm just a lil crazy when I get into relationships though! LOL :P

------------------
-Ashli-
Blondes have it made...brunnettes don't have an excuse to act stupid!

Mad luv to my 4someones!

Posts: 132 | From: New Jersey...US | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ash
Activist
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, we've been friends before we started going out.. i need him everyday.. just yesterday he didnt come and see me, and i felt like i was missing something.. i dont think he's my other half but he makes the journey pleasant ..

Posts: 102 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel
Activist
Member # 2870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend trult completes me. We are like a part of each other. I think it makes the relationship very stable, which I am happy about.
Posts: 105 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenaSuperStar
Neophyte
Member # 4051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JenaSuperStar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had this crush on a girl and I've been good friends with her for quite some time. When she and I are together, it's amazing! She fills that hole that's blank right now. I've told her how I feel, but she would rather be friends.

Being her friend is better than nothing.

~~~muah...Jena~~~~~

------------------
"Cos I used to be a superhero... no one could touch me, yeah not even myself.... you were like a phone booth that i somehow stumbled into... now look at me I am just like everybody else!!!"

-Ani Difranco

Posts: 36 | From: Brownsville,TX,USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear ... I don't even know. I try not to think about it that much

I try to be independant. I always have been, in all of my relationships. But not this one. I just love my bf so much ... i'm not gonna say i couldn't live w/o him, but it's just so much better living w/ him So i would say he's my better half. We were told by many parents of mutual friends that we would end up together. "You know that Hollie girl would be wonderful w/ your friend Trev ..."

------------------
When mom found my diaphram, I told her it was a bathing cap for my cat.
~ Liz Winston

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'rin
Activist
Member # 1950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'rin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll put it this way....it's not that i don't know what i'd do without him, it's that i know it wouldn't be as fun. at the moment i live with him (i'm appartment hunting in the new york area, so this may take awhile) so we're more a part of each other's lives than we would be otherwise....it's nice some days but annoying others. there is something about being with him that just feels *right* tho, like i'm finally where i'm supposed to be.
'rin

------------------
"-and i hope i'm not shooting my mouth off...again...and i pray i'm not tempting the fates....."
-james, off millionaires

Posts: 219 | From: lost in yonkers | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sxyrbl23
Neophyte
Member # 4313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sxyrbl23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't feel like I have a better half with or without him because I like my self all around. But he definately is a half. I don't feel like I could live without him. I want to see him everyday. Without him I feel empty.Everything you described sounds the same to me. I mean I want him along on the ride with me, but he never bores me. I think he makes me a stronger individual who knows exactly what I want.
Posts: 20 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarlitNight007
Activist
Member # 1902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarlitNight007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my boyfriend and i are huge parts of each other's lives...the journey is much more pleasant when we are together, we are much more stable knowing we have the other by our side...he completes me, and i feel a little empty spot when he's not here(he lives an hour and a half away)...but we both agree that our lives are so much better since we've been together.
Posts: 59 | From: Mountaintop | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SweetBeyond
Activist
Member # 3250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweetBeyond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend is all of the above. I can't live without him, he makes my journey pleasant, he completes me, and teaches me about who I am. I couldn't imagine true happiness without him.
Posts: 63 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ComeOriginal
Neophyte
Member # 2651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ComeOriginal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He completes me, he brings out the best in me, he helps me, hes there for me, he loves me, he holds me, he makes life wonderful. If he wasn't my boyfriend, he'd be my best friend.

There's something in even the way he holds my had that's wonderful.

Posts: 33 | From: Georgetown, TX, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loneliestnumber
Neophyte
Member # 4503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loneliestnumber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really know how to describe my relationship with my fellow. Besides his addiction to video games, we're fairly much like two peas out of a pod. These last few months, as I've gotten to know him more, I've grown extremely comfortable with him and couldn't imagine not having him around. I miss him dreadfully when we cannot be together, even if some of his traits do bug me
I suppose I'd call him 'someone who makes the trip more pleasent' because...well, he has and he does.

------------------
~ maybe i'm the afterglow ~

Posts: 38 | From: Somerset, KY, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyAvalon
Neophyte
Member # 4515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyAvalon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with this guy who's almost my boyfriend, but not yet...and I agree with the comment KittenGoddess made about a partner being a person who makes the journey a bit more pleasant..because I am all I am.
He makes life more fun, gives it a bit more life and meaning, but as for being complete, we are two complete people who compliment each other in every way.

Posts: 3 | From: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend is definitely my other half, but I don't know about better. It's not that I couldn't live without him, it's just that me and my life would be a lot different if he weren't in it. He does make my life more pleasant and it's nice to know that I am loved by someone who has the choice to love me. I would probably freak out a lot more if he weren't around. He always can put things in perspective. He is a very important part of my life, but he isn't my life.

magpie

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eppy
Neophyte
Member # 4254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend is my other half... not neccesarily my better half... His strengths are my weaknesses, and vice versa. He completes me. Without him I feel like half a person... which is unfortunate, since we've been apart for most of the time we've been together. (We go to the same school, but after one month of dating, he spent a month in England, and now on summer break, he has an internship in another state.)

Check out 'Love' by Roy Croft for a great summary of how I feel. I was going to post it, but it's way too long, and I don't want to spam. I'm sure you can find it online somewhere...

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree w/ you on the strength/weakness thing, Eppy. My bf and i are the exact same way ... I just couldn't put it into words
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.