Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Breakin-Up Songs (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Breakin-Up Songs
Bambi
Neophyte
Member # 2864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aight, has there ever been a relationship that you had that was really goin good? And then somethin happens and y'all break up? What was (or would be) the song you play afterwards to ease your mind - for whatever reason? It's a few for me:
Tank: Maybe I Deserve
Sisqo: Addicted
Dru Hill: One Good Reason
112: It's Over Now, Still In Love & Missing You
Holla at me wit your Break Up Songs
Pequena Mami

Posts: 18 | From: Mt. Vernon, NY, United States | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Last Goodbye" Jeff Buckley
"High and Dry" Radiohead
"Without You I'm Nothing" Placebo
"Ten Million Years" Black Lab
"Troubled Times" Fountains of Wayne
"Strong" Robbie Williams

and the entire '13' album by blur, and entirely too many Cure songs to list.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is NOT a good song to listen to... but I stupidly did after my boy and I broke up.. it will just make you cry more. It's "The best I ever had" by Vertical Horizon. Or, woah boy... Vast's "I don't have anything" Terrible for break ups.

But if you wanna get in the mood to throw darts at his picture listen to Hybrid "If I survive" Good Stuff.

------------------
"Why worry about STD's?Public lice is so cute!"

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if it falls into this catagory, or the catagory of "very inapropriate songs to send out as a dedication to your significant other"
I heard it through the Grapevine.

Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say just about any song Matchbox 20s' Mad Season album. I thought it helped me.

'I Still believe' Mariah Carey
'I Hope you dance' LeAnn Womack
'You make me sick' Pink
'Survior' Destiny's Child
'Crazy' Patsy Cline
'I'm Gonna Lock My Heart(and Throw Away the Key)' Billie Holiday
'Carelessly' Billie Holiday
'No Good Man' by of course, Billie Holiday

------------------
Every time someone says, 'I don't believe in fairies,' one falls over dead.

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Popsicle - Not forever
Popsicle - Good with us
Popsicle - Please don't ask

Has anyone ever heard of them? I had a penpal in Germany about 4 years ago who sent me some tapes with their music, but I've never seen any of their albums in record stores over here, and when I was in the UK I looked for something with no results too... I just know they're Swedish, and they're GREAT! For those of you interested, their sound is somewhere inbetween Radiohead, Ash, some early Blur, etc So...Cooler than that?! Can't have! ehehe

------------------
~Sallynha

ICQ #120172535

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bambi
Neophyte
Member # 2864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm feelin the girl who said "You Make Me Sick" is a good song to listen to. Cuz sometimes they really do, and me and Bambi know about that one. I want to hear some more suggestions, though.
Posts: 18 | From: Mt. Vernon, NY, United States | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
all i have to say is...

"at first i was afraid, i was petrified. kept thinking i could never live with out you by my side..."

it a good one for getting over him.. or at least trying... or.. uh... yeah

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

[This message has been edited by star1120 (edited 06-21-2001).]

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woo hoo. You go star.

I Will Survive - Cake / Gloria Gaynor

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deckard
Neophyte
Member # 1392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deckard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The Sweetest Thing" by U2:

My love she throws me like a rubber ball
oh-oh the sweetest thing
But she won't catch me or break my fall
oh-oh the sweetest thing

You can sew it up but you still see the tear
Baby's got blue skies up ahead
But in this I'm a raincloud
Ours is a stormy kind of love…

I'm losin' you, ain't love the sweetest thing…

Posts: 11 | From: Tiny Midwestern Hamlet, WI | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCagedOne
Activist
Member # 3746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCagedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, I got a couple good ones!
"Happy Now" ~ No Doubt
"Private Helicopter" ~ Harvey Danger
"Don't Speak" ~ No Doubt
"Goodbye" ~ Gravity Kills
And because I'm generally a tiny bit angry (ha! i wish) anything really hard or fast seems to go well with my mood.

------------------
"A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey"

Posts: 52 | From: Usually somewhere between MI & FL - currently KY | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super BubbleGum Gurl
Activist
Member # 2456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super BubbleGum Gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a few breakin' up songs from a teenyboppers point of view....

*Backstreet Boys-More than That
*Destiny's Child-Survivor (dunno why)
*Craig David-Walking Away

Posts: 54 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rambler
Activist
Member # 3023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tori Amos -- Precious Things
Ani DiFranco -- Untouchable Face
Counting Crows -- Rain King (sort of)
Dar Williams -- The Ocean (sort of -- great song all the time, but I'm weird)
I second I Will Survive. I like the Cake version better.
Dar Williams -- The Blessings.
Ani DiFranco -- Going Down
Dire Straits/Indigo Girls -- Romeo and Juliette. I like both versions even though I generally hate covers.
Oh, oh, oh, and a really good song: The Pogue's -- Christmas in New York (I think that's what it's called.) I doubt any of you guys know it because it's an Irish band and stuff...but it is FUNNY and good and... I dunno, a little sad, but it is just great.
I love the Pogues.
Barenaked Ladies -- The Old Apartment
Anything by They Might Be Giants, because they're funny and will cheer you up.

Stuff Not To Listen To Ever Ever While Sad:

Tracy Chapman: Behind The Wall (I found this out the hard way)
Bruce Springsteen: Streets of Philadelphia -- from the movie Philadelphia. Not really a breakup song, but it just drove me crazy for a while...
Cyndi Lauper: Sally's Pigeons (*sigh*)
Tori Amos: Baker Baker
Ani DiFranco: She Said
Indigo Girls: Hey Jesus
Sarah Maclachlan: Hold On (I seriously used to cry every time I heard that song...but it might just be because I knew the basis for it and stuff.)

Oh, there are so many. I'm obsessed with music. I'll probably post more later.

------------------
rambler
Visit disabledsex.org -- Disability and Sexuality.
Or, find out how to join the teen discussion list
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.
--Joe Ancis

[This message has been edited by rambler (edited 06-22-2001).]

Posts: 141 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WinterDragon
Neophyte
Member # 4178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WinterDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's been awhile-staind
the ballad of resurretion joe and the rosa wh!@#-rob zombie
rough day-days of the new
the big &*%$ you-primer55
my way-limp bizkit
change-deftones
down with the sickness-disturbed

------------------
Dead I am the rat, feast upon the cat
Tender is the fur, dying as you purr

Posts: 17 | From: Rolla,Mo | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh Cake's version of "I will survive" rocks my bootie! :-D

------------------
"Why worry about STD's? Public lice is so cute!" *that's sarcasm*

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rambler
Activist
Member # 3023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some more

Told You So -- Barenaked Ladies
Call and Answer -- Barenaked Ladies
Land of Canaan -- Indigo Girls
Hey Jupiter -- Tori Amos (did I list that already?)
Ball and Chain -- They Might Be Giants
Touch Me Fall -- Indigo Girls (sort of)
Get Out Of This House -- Shawn Colvin

And...I can't resist this one:
You Don't Love Me Anymore -- Weird Al Yankovich.

"We've been together for so very long
But now things are changing, oh I wonder what's wrong
Seems you don't want me around
The passion is gone and the flame's died down
I guess I lost a bit of self-esteem
That time that you made it with the whole hockey team
You used to think I was nice.
Now you tell all your friends that I'm the antichrist
Oh, why did you disconnect the breaks on my car
That kind of thing is hard to ignore
Got a funny feeling you don't love me anymore."

------------------
rambler
Visit disabledsex.org -- Disability and Sexuality.
Or, find out how to join the teen discussion list
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.
--Joe Ancis

Posts: 141 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'rin
Activist
Member # 1950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'rin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"drop dead georgous" by republica
one by stone roses that i always forget the title to that has in it the line "all my dreams, your nightmares, i hope they both come true..."
and there's always that folk song "lemmon tree" lemmon tree very pretty and the lemmon flower is sweet but the fruit of the poor lemmon is imposiible to eat
*gets songs stuck in head and wanders off to unstick them*
'rin

------------------
"-and i hope i'm not shooting my mouth off...again...and i pray i'm not tempting the fates....."
-james, off millionaires

Posts: 219 | From: lost in yonkers | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XcaliGurl
Neophyte
Member # 4266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XcaliGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think a good breaking up song would be "Save Tonight" by Eagle Eye Cherry. Or "Whatever Makes You Happy" by ummm yeh.
"No More" bye 3LW possibly.
The last b/f i broke up with I was actually happy we broke up at first and we hadn't gone out long so I didn't really listen to any break up songs. And I don't want to think about breaking up with my current b/f. L8er ppl!!

[This message has been edited by XcaliGurl (edited 06-24-2001).]

Posts: 6 | From: US of A | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenaSuperStar
Neophyte
Member # 4051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JenaSuperStar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ani Difranco's
"Superhero"
"Untouchable Face"

------------------
"Cos I used to be a superhero... no one could touch me, yeah not even myself.... you were like a phone booth that i somehow stumbled into... now look at me I am just like everybody else!!!"

-Ani Difranco

Posts: 36 | From: Brownsville,TX,USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

I remembered another one. Vast - "Free"

"I'm gonna run from everything
Everything that holds me down
Nothing to win, nothing to lose
You can't tell me what to do anymore
Now I'm free, now I'm free, now I'm free
I'm gonna run, I'm gonna win
I'm gonna do what I need to do
'Cause it's time to be what I need to be
Now I'm free, now I'm free, now I'm free"

ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason, when I think of breaking up, these songs come to my mind:
Silverchair - Ana's Song
Nine Inch Nails - Hurt
Nine Inch Nails - Something I Can Never Have
Staind - Been A While

That's so sad to think about! I hate those dumb pop songs that have messages like that. (O-Town - Or Nothing at All (??) or (98 Degrees - The Hardest Thing)

------------------
I know the pieces fit because I watched them fall away
Mildewed and smoldering; fundamental differing.

[This message has been edited by ningrrl (edited 06-25-2001).]

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
10CC-I'm not in love
Sinead O'Connor-Nothing Compares 2 U
I watched a programme on the 'top ten heartbreakers' ages ago but these are my favourites. Nothing Compares 2 U makes me cry despite the fact that I've never broken up with amyone bacause i've never had anyone. Sigh....

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*"Bye Bye Bye"-NSync
*"From the Bottom of My Broken Heart"- Britney Spears
*"6, 8, 12"- Brian McKnight
*"Where Did You Go?"- Full Devil Jacket
*"Cold Day in July"- Dixie Chicks
*"Without You"- Dixie Chicks
*"Hemorrhage"- Fuel
*"Quit Breaking My Heart"- Mandy Moore
*"Miss You Love"- Silverchair
*"Outside"- Staind
*"Love is Blind"- Eve
*"Another Dumb Blonde"- Hoku
*"All or Nothing"- O-Town
*"Good Riddance"- Green Day

Ok these are breakup songs in my own opinion...

------------------
It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right, I hope you had the time of your life.

~*s h a n n a*~

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plum736
Neophyte
Member # 4321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for plum736     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alicia Keys-Fallen
Beyonce Knowles-Im leaving
Mariah Carey-Breakdown
Mariah Carey- Always be my baby
Avant-Seperated
Macy Gray-I try
Mariah Carey-Crybaby

I just noticed sumthing....many of Mariah Carey's song are about break up's or being sad...hmmm thats something to think about.

Posts: 2 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forget sad. When I'm in a rotten mood I want either fierce, bitchy or mildly insane music. Bring on the Patti Smith and that disco Star Wars mix!
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surferChicka
Activist
Member # 2232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surferChicka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Breakstuff'- Limp Bizkit (dont ask me! i seem to get incredibly angry during/after breakups.)
'You Oughta Know'- Alanis Morissette (sp?)
'Not Cryin' For You'-Save Ferris
'All Cried Out'-i dont know who sings this!

i dont know, but i really hate breakups.

------------------
peace, love, & seXwax!

Posts: 117 | From: Honolulu, HI | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doe4youbaby
Neophyte
Member # 4389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doe4youbaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always listen to Me first and the gimme gimmies I love them!
And of course everclear Always makes me feel better
But the best Break up somg is
" Im goin crazy crazy crazy crazy thinking about you baby..."

------------------
*~ And the beat goes on~*

Posts: 33 | From: ca usa | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonofdarkness
Neophyte
Member # 4420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonofdarkness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
little stupid question...what exactly is a breakup song...I mean, I've heard of couples having a 'song' that means something to them, and I will survive is a great song for getting back on your feet...but do you mean a song that you play to feel better, or to remind you of them, or what? sorry...I'm tired...and I just didn't get it...thanks
Shanna

------------------
"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

Posts: 28 | From: Colorado Springs, CO USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelElisheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, to me, breakup songs are about getting over the person, getting on with my life, etc. I don't like the trash-him/her songs, because hey, I cared about this guy! I also don't go for the I'll-never-forget-you songs, because it's really not healthy to keep yourself hanging on like that. But I guess it really depends on the person.

So what are my breakup songs? Actually, I really don't have any. First of all, I haven't broken up with anyone who meant a whole lot to me recently, and second of all, I don't have a very extensive CD collection, so I don't have much to choose from. I do, however, have an I'll-miss-you-never-forget-you song from a guy who was on an exchange year and then went back to Berlin (sniffle, sob). It is "All I have to Do is Dream" by the Everly Brothers, and I was quite amused to see it on the top of somebody's masturbating songs list. It really cracked me up.

~Angel~

------------------
Nobody knows what you know, nobody's seen what you've seen, nobody's lived what you've lived...so why let them judge you?
~Personal Quote~

You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
~Calvin~

Posts: 176 | From: Middle of Nowhere, PA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostspecialspark
Neophyte
Member # 4441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostspecialspark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anything by dashboard confessional. if you dont know who they are...listen to them.

The Brilliant Dance

So this is odd, the painful realisation that all has gone wrong. And nobody cares at all, and nobody cares at all.
So you buried all your lover's clothes and burned the letters lover wrote, but it doesn't make it any better. Does it make it any better?

And the plaster dented from your fist in the hall where you had your first kiss reminds you that the memories will fade.

So this is strange, our sidestepping has come to be a brilliant dance where nobody leads at all, where nobody leads at all.

And the picture frames are facing down and the ringing from this empty sound is defaning and keeping you from sleep.

And breathing is a foreign task and thinking's just too much to ask and you're measuring you minutes by a clock that's blinking eights.

This is incredible. Starving, insatiable, yes, this is love for the first time. Well, you'd like to think that you were invincible. Yeah, well weren't we all once before we felt loss for the first time. Well this is the last time.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucina
Activist
Member # 3792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'cut' by 14 iced bears

don't call me ever again
i think i lost my only friend
a friend who happened to say she loved me

'are you still evil when you're sleeping' by the siddeleys

Posts: 61 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camryn
Activist
Member # 1242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for camryn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Jealous" by Sean Millar:

I don't want to see you
I don't want to meet you
In the street you call my name but I don't want to know you
if you're with him, and you let him touch, touch your skin.
They call this jealous. They call this jealous
They call this jealousy but it felt like love to me.
Yes it felt like love to me
You say you want to be my friend, well you used to be my bestfriend
and now I'll never trust anyone again.
I feel so bitter, I feel so bitter, I feel so sick of this **** ,
sick of this **** .

AND

"Rise" by Gabrielle:

I know that it's over
But I can't believe we're through
They said that time's a healer
And I'm better without you
It's gonna take time I know
But I'll get over you

[Chorus:]
Look at my life
Look at my heart
I have seen them fall apart
Now I'm ready to rise again
Look at my hopes
Look at my dreams
I'm building bridges from these scenes
Now I'm ready to rise again

Posts: 42 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SweetBeyond
Activist
Member # 3250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweetBeyond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cemetary Gates by Pantera

"I will remember the love our souls had sworn to make, now I watch the falling rain.. all I can see now is your face.."

(Ironically, this boyfriend told me this was our song before we broke up)

20,000 Seconds by K's Choice

"20,000 seconds since you left and I'm still counting.. 20,000 reasons to get up, get something done, but I'm still waiting for someone kind enough to pick me up, give me food, assure me that the world is good but you should be here, you should be here.."

Posts: 63 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My last breakup song was 'Crazy' by KCI and JoJo ... I don't know why, it just seemed to fit for "us". I hated it tho b/c i would hear it ALL the time and it made me want to bawl my eyes out. Then it was 'Days Like That' by SugarJones hehe I love that song. It's really how i feel now.
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BritishBabe
Neophyte
Member # 4480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BritishBabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. Without You- Dixie Chicks <-- Great song when your down because of a break-up.
2. K-Ci and Jo Jo- Crazy
3. Never had aa Dream Come True- S Club 7
4. Still Holding Out for You- SheDaisy
That's all I can think about right now. But, I'm sure I know many more.

Posts: 2 | From: Forked River | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.