Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » why cant i fall for the good guys?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why cant i fall for the good guys?
miss bitch
Neophyte
Member # 1549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miss bitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Almost every boy i've been out with has treated me badly or used me, but I went out with this guy a few weeks ago and he treated me so well and i just couldn't really like him, then i stopped liking him altogether. Then i went out with this boy that i really liked and he used me and im left feeling like **** . I dunno if this might have anything to do with it, but about 7 months ago my boyfriend who i really loved and was my first time broke up with me and it's been since then?

------------------
~G

Posts: 20 | From: uk | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siren
Activist
Member # 3243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To me, it seems like you don't really know what you're looking for in a relationship or relationship partner yet. And considering you broke up with someone you cared for very much several months ago, tells me that you might still need time to heal from the pain before getting involved with someone else.

I think after any relationship ends, you need some YOU time. Just take time to get to know you, and don't get involved with anyone during that time. I think that's what you should do now. Don't get involved with anyone until you're more sure of what you want, and who you want. Okay?

------------------
Lil Siren
-Scarleteen Advocate
"Those are some BIG ice cubes...."

Posts: 190 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what is it that you are actually attracted to? could just be a horrible coincidence that the blokes you've fancied have been dirtbags.

do you like "bad boys?" if so, then there are plenty of guys who may seem "naughty" or "rebellious" or simply something "different" who won't treat you badly. maybe you'd fancy the hippies, or the artists, poets, or rockers and skaters. there's plenty of guys who fall into these categories, yet have the sense not to manipulate people.

i suppose this is a no brainer, but there's no magic advice that we could give you that'll just make you go *poof* and like the nice guys. that's your call to make.

the sea is wide and the fish are plentiful. and if you want to keep yourself from being "used," then just stop doing whatever it is that constitutes "use" until you are sure of what you are getting yourself into.

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.