Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » What does he really want?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What does he really want?
SurfGal
Activist
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SurfGal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is this guy who was my "boyfriend" several times in middle school. Each time I would end up breaking up with him because I was afraid of what my friends thought, or because one of my friends had said something derrogatory about him. I was "cool" and he was a dork...so they picked on my for dating him even though he was older than us. In essence I treated him badly and used him, and I've apoligized several times. Now we are in highschool, and hardly anyone knew about anything that had happened in middle school. He never says anything bad about me, he just tells people I was his first real kiss. He is going to be a senior next yr and I will be a junior. I really like him and I think he likes me, but i am not sure. We were talking online one night this week, and I mentioned that I had seen him play the other night at the football jamboree....we chatted for a few min and then he said "Can I come over?" o/c i said ok even though it was 9 o'clock and the next day was going to be our last day of school... He came over and we hung out and talked for a while, he signed my yearbook and all that jazz.... But then, he picked up a starburst out of the candy dish, unwrapped it, and put it in his mouth. He walked over to me and gave it to me in my mouth. No big deal for me, I figured he was just being cute. Well, a few nights later we were talking on the phone (BTW he NEVER calls me, his fingers just wont dial my digits) and he said "u are a dork" I asked him why, and he said because I knew what he was doing with that starburst, that I knew what he wanted. And I said yeah, but did you think that you could just be nice to me for one day and expect me to follow you around forever after? He had to go shortly after that.. I don't want to pursue this if he doesn't like me, I don't want him to think i'm a stalker either. Directly after the starburst incident I dismissed it as harmless fun, but after he brought it up again and hinted that he wanted to kiss me, and I realized that he came all the way to my house (15 mn drive b/c he lives in the boonies) I thought maybe it was different. What do u all think? I dont want to get hurt again! Thanks!

------------------
"Girl you can pick a field full of daisies...but he'd still be my baby!" ~Dream

***STACY***

Posts: 81 | From: Jacksonville, FL. 32218 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelElisheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I can't tell for sure whether or not he's into you, since I'm not him, but from what you're describing, I would say he definitely likes you. So, at this point, you have to ask yourself whether or not the feeling is mutual. It may be a bit awkward because of the whole middle-school thing; you might still get some grief from your friends, but again, I don't know them or the situation. If you decide that you do like him and you think you want to be in a relationship with him, then totally go for it! From what youve told, I wouldn't worry about him not liking you. At all.

~Angel~

------------------
Nobody knows what you know, nobody's seen what you've seen, nobody's lived what you've lived...so why let them judge you?
~Personal Quote~

You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
~Calvin~

[This message has been edited by AngelElisheva (edited 06-03-2001).]

Posts: 176 | From: Middle of Nowhere, PA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you really like him honey? And if you do, are you going to let your friends come into it? Think about that for a bit. You know you have treated the guy badly. Don't hurt him again. I suggest you think about what you want and when you are very sure, have a talk with him and tell him how you feel.

And if you are sure you like him and you aren't going to let other people interfere in your relationship, let him know that and see if he wants to pursue something further than friendship or if he wants nothing more than physical affection.

Alternatively, if you feel that you might get influenced by your friends again, tell him that as well. And maybe you guys should just stay good friends. Think about it hon.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.