Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » CHoosin!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CHoosin!!!
Camzie13
Activist
Member # 2908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camzie13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guyz wat up? Anyway, I have a super mondo prob...here goes.
there are 2 guyz in my life, brian and will. im not goin out with either, but they are potentials. Brian is a sweetie and i know he thinks im cute, hot, whatever, and he is supernice. ON the other hand, will is the bad boy kinda guy, and he "claims" that he wants me, but 2 dayz ago, he called me a ho and said to leave him alone. Hes really hot, and i don't wanna try to go out with both. Also, brian just got out of a relationship, so he might not be prepped for one yet, and im really confused on which guy to pick...etc.
thanks for the help
Camz

Posts: 147 | From: NJ | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any guy who calls you names unfairly and blows hot and cold with you is obviously not worth your time.

I think you should just get to know Brian better and take things slow seeing how he just got out of a relationship. If anything comes out of your friendship, good. If not, hey you've got yourslef a good friend.

Really hon, Will sounds like a real waste of time.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyromaniac
Neophyte
Member # 3879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pyromaniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. Brian all the way. You wouldnt want a boyfriend that is verbally abusive, would you?

------------------
The term 'legally insane' was adopted for me

Posts: 13 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Country Girl
Activist
Member # 3380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Country Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second what Lin said. Name-calling when you aren't even in a relationship with him is a big red flag for me. Brian sounds like a real potential but definitely take your time with him... breaking up is hard to do.

Good Luck

------------------
"I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow."

Care to read my thoughts?

Posts: 80 | From: VT | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
golden101
Activist
Member # 3133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for golden101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree w/ everyone else and pick Brian. He sounds like the better pick. If the other guy called you a hoe and told him to leave you alone, is that someone who you want to be in a relationship with? Pick Brian, he definitly sounds like he has more potential then the other guy. He sounds like boyfriend material and you definitly don't want a guy who is going to treat you bad.

[This message has been edited by golden101 (edited 05-28-2001).]

Posts: 227 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One thing that I noticed is that you said Brian just got out of a relationship. That would be a little red-flag right there. People are all different, but I think it would be wise to take things pretty slowly for a little while with him. Sometimes it takes us a little bit of time to work out failed relationship issues in our minds before we can move on to another partner. And the last thing you want or need in a budding relationship is excess baggage from a previous one.

And now that I'm thinking about it...I don't think Ive ever had to "choose" between two or more potential girlfriends in my entire life! I guess I'm just not the handsome stud that some of my friends are. LOL

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 09-26-2002).]

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I'd say go for Brian, but take it slow. He just got out of a relationship, so give him some time. Will, on the other hand, sounds a little bizarre. Why would a guy that's "into you" call you names and tell you to go away? Sounds a little strange to me. He could become verbally abusive. Anyway, go for Brian, but be careful not to rush things. Good luck!

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

"Wow, someone slept in sex ed!"

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camzie13
Activist
Member # 2908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camzie13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG!!!! I had the best day today! (regardin Brian) A bunch of my friends and I played football, brian was there, and then we went back to kevins and brian had his arm wrapped round me the WHOLE TIME!!!! then we went to dinner, footsies! and then went back to brian's house and played on his trampoline and it was GREAT!!! just had to say that.
Posts: 147 | From: NJ | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian all the way! I know sometimes it's "fun" to try and get the guy who plays hard to get, but any potential partner who calls you names or treats you badly (ie. isolates you from friends, dictates parts of your life like the way you dress) is NO good at all.

Good for you that Brian shows more and more signs of being enamored with you. Just take it slow and see what develops.

Good luck!

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icegurl
Neophyte
Member # 3871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icegurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ugh... that reminds me of my ex.... he was such a nut and he kept on calling me all sorts of wierdo names. now i do not like that at all. anyway, if you think that Brian is not prepped up for another gal... be patient with him. he needs sometime to cool off and start again. after all you're lucky that he kinda likes ya

my ex was a guy like that Will and i totally would want to stay away from him. on the other hand... Brian seems of a gentleman! if you really care for him tell him that... it wouldn't hurt...

------------------
enemies only come in one size

dfuncat@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by icegurl (edited 05-29-2001).]

Posts: 14 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camzie13
Activist
Member # 2908

OMG!!! I have a major prob!!! THis is makin me sad . See, brian used to like, and still kinda likes this girl named angela, but he said that he likes me LOTS more. Angela REALLY REALLY REALLY likes brian, but he doesn't feel the same way, and i am worried that if i pursue brian the way things are goin, then...angela will hate me. Im not that good of friends, but i really hate hurting other peeps. What should I do??? thanx

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.