Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » help me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help me
Pd5000
Neophyte
Member # 2928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pd5000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok heres the thing i really really like this girl but she has a boyfriend who she says she loves and she has known how i feel about her for a few weeks and earlier this week she said that she likes me aswell and that she likes me as more than a friend but she loves her boyfriend and im so confussed i dont know what to do please advise.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eve_000
Neophyte
Member # 1366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve_000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetie, I know what yer going through. I know it's hard to just stop feeling something for someone, but in this case, you really really should. If she's in love with her BF, you really shouldn't do anything to interrupt the relationship. Although she says she feels for you, it's still inappropriate to do something that may cause major damage. You don't know how the BF feels, he may be totally in love with this girl, knowing he wants to spend the rest of his life with her. Having her taken away....it would destroy him. She'll go through too much guilt, as will you, and it just won't be as pleasant as the image you see in your mind.
I hope I helped

*EVE*

Posts: 24 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is one of those tricky *love triangle* situations. Guy likes girl, who's in love with another guy. But wait - girl also likes the guy. Another day on..As the World Turns.

The ball is in her court, Pd. You can't force her out of a relationship with someone she loves. She already knows you like her, and although she has feelings for you, she clearly cares about her boyfriend and what they have - and doesn't seem to want to risk that by dating you. It's really up to her at this point, but try not to hang yourself up on this. Get out and meet more people. Maybe you'll find someone you care about just as much - or maybe she'll decide to leave her boyfriend for you.

Whatever the case, she knows how you feel about her already, so it's up to her to make the next move. Pressuring her won't help you out any with something like this.

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icegurl
Neophyte
Member # 3871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icegurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
kiddo.. i really hate to burst your buble but this girl sounds like she is playing with the two guys in her life. seriously, how can she have a bf and she comes to you saying that she likes you? it does not make any sense at all...

if you really like this gal, i think that you should wait for her-if you are willing enough to do so. but i tell ya, that there are many gals out there who deserve you... we are teens rite? we should smile and laugh and have as many frens and loved ones as we want. when we have found that someone, and when we are ready to commit ourselves... i would say that you have done it.

don't be so 'obssessed' over her... she may even play you for a fool. beware of that my fren...

------------------
enemies only come in one size :D

dfuncat@hotmail.com

Posts: 14 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.