Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Can I.......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can I.......
Gameman
Neophyte
Member # 3710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gameman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if me again, I want to give a letter to that girl, but I don't have courage to give it to her, so I decide to put it in the newspaper, since she always go to get my newspaper to read. Do you think if it will going to work or not.
Posts: 4 | From: NewYorkCity,NY,USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is she the only one who picks up the newspaper? If not, you run the risk of having other people read your letter as well.

I think you should just take a deep breath, go up to her, hand her the letter and walk off. It's up to her from then on.

And hon, we would really appreciate it if you could post in your previous thread because opening too many new threads simply wastes bandwith.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gameman
Neophyte
Member # 3710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gameman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well
Yes, she is the only one to pick it up.

Posts: 4 | From: NewYorkCity,NY,USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I think I would prefer it if the person came up to me and handed me the letter. It just seems more sincere but if you really think you might literally freeze upon seeing her and not get to hand her the letter at all, I don't see any harm in putting the letter in the newspaper.

Make sure the letter won't drop out of the newspaper when she picks it up though. Gd luck

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siren
Activist
Member # 3243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you can't actually give it to her in person, putting it in the newspaper might work. But if you can, it is always best to just go up to her and give it to her. She's gonna know it's from you either way. And giving something to someone personally is always the best way to go, in my opinion. I know it's hard, but we've all been in your shoes in one way or another, and after you do it you'll think....."that wasn't so bad!"

So, just think about that. But if you still can't, the newspaper sounds like it will work! Good luck!

------------------
Lil Siren
-Scarleteen Advocate
"Those are some BIG ice cubes...."

Posts: 190 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be a good surprise if she found it in her mailbox too If you know her address or can manage to get it, it's another alternative

------------------
~Sallynha

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.