Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I want that boy!***

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I want that boy!***
sinful2001
Neophyte
Member # 3711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinful2001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i really have liked this boy for a long time,but im too afraid to tell him that. how can i approach him and give him a clue that i like him but not ask outright in case he shuts me down??

------------------
if u got it flaunt it, if u want it get it

Posts: 3 | From: Boykins Va united states | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about asking him out for a cup of coffee or a movie? Go on a nice casual date and see how everything goes.

ALternatively, just drop him an email or a note telling him that you like him for whatever reasons you might have and just see how he reacts. It's a nerve wrecking experience, I know. But I think your best bet would be approaching him in a casual and friendly manner.

Good luck honey.

------------------
Want More Lin?

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ask him if he'd like to hang out with you.. just one-on-one.

------------------
"So you sailed away into a grey sky morning - now I'm here to stay - love can be so boring - nothing's quite the same now - I just say your name now - but it's not so bad - you're only the best I ever had"

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *ShellerBabe*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sinful2001:
i really have liked this boy for a long time,but im too afraid to tell him that. how can i approach him and give him a clue that i like him but not ask outright in case he shuts me down??

check out your quote..."if u want it, get it" i bet u can do just that!

Posts: 117 | From: America..~*hehe*~ | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
golden101
Activist
Member # 3133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for golden101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just simply ask him to hang out with ya! Or if it's easier write him a note telling him that you two should get together and do something. You should do what Lin said
quote:
Go on a nice casual date and see how everything goes.

Good luck to ya

Posts: 227 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I know this sounds immature and silly, but it works.

If you know his email, and he knows yours, go to http://www.thespark.com . They have this "Virtual Cupid" thing (it might be called Pimpin' Cupid, I forget). All you do is put in your crush's email, and it will send an ANONYMOUS email to him saying that someone he knows likes him. Then he gets the option of, if he can think of anyone he has a crush on, to put in their email. If he puts in yours, the service will send a notice to the both of you saying that you both have a crush on eachother. Happiness ensues.

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards...

"Ni! Ni! Niii!" -Monty Python & the Holy Grail

"Ennui is insufficient reason to commit suicide." -Neil Gaiman

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay, this is me... i met a cool guy and was interested right away... i, being tired of waiting for guys to ask me out or approach me, decided to call him up and ask him out on a date. it's as easy as that... all i said was "...i was wondering if you'd like to do something sometime..." and then we went out 3 days later. and with one date, came another.. and another... and there ya go. it's not as hard as it seems. take it from a success story!
if he's not interested, he'd most likely turn you down nicely... and not rude and making it a big rejection deal... don't worry too much and think of what if he says yes. then you'll go out and hopefully have a great time...
good luck!
*sam*

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cuddleslut
Activist
Member # 3349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cuddleslut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should definitely say SOMETHING. Trust me. I made a really stupid mistake earlier this year.

See, I really liked this guy, but I didn't see how he would ever like me. I'd never liked a guy like him before (I usually go for the more "punk rock" type guys, while this one was a surfer and kind of preppy) and likewise I assumed he'd never liked a girl like me (he seemed like the type of guy to go for preppy, "popular" girls). So I didn't tell him. I became pretty good friends with him; we had to do two projects together at school and through that we got to know eachother really well. It even got to the point that it seemed like he would look around for me to go talk to me. But he never showed any signs that he liked me. So I kept quiet.

Eventually, I got bored of the whole situation, and after a while of rejecting other guys with the hopes that he would like me, I finally took up one guy's offer and went on a few dates with him. He was nice, but I didn't like him as much as the other guy, so after a while I broke it off. During the time I went out with this other guy, I stopped talking to the original guy cuz I figured that way I could forget about him. Of course, that didn't work.

After a while we started talking again. Soon we became better friends than we'd been earlier in the year, before the guy I went out with, and we even started hanging out outside of school for fun for the first time (we'd worked on the projects out of school, but never by choice). Then, one night while I was running around my town late at night with him and his best friend, he told me that he liked somebody but wouldn't tell me who. At the end of the night I learned that it was me. He asked me out, I said yes, and we've been going out for a month and a half now. And it's great

One thing he told me, was that he'd liked me since he met me in the beginning of the year, for as long as I'd liked him, but he was too scared to do anything about it. I couldn't believe it because that was exactly how I felt. How much less pain would I have gone through if I'd told him when I first started liking him? Tons. It would have saved me a lot of lonely school-nights, that's for sure Even though I'm glad we didn't go out before, because now we know eachother a lot better, it still was a big mistake. Don't make it! Tell the guy you like him. Don't do what I did. Be brave and he'll respect you. And who knows? Maybe if he doesn't like you already, if you tell him how you feel he'll start noticing you, too. It can't hurt

good luck!!
love,
-Alex

------------------
It's sickening how comforting the privacy of the mind can be...

Posts: 120 | From: california...well, at least it sounds cool. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.