Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » best pressie recieved from significant other ?? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: best pressie recieved from significant other ??
angelwiththescabbedwings
Activist
Member # 3099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angelwiththescabbedwings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just broke up with my b/f ...

but just wondering what the best or most touching gift you guys have recieved from your b/f or g/f would be and why or what it meant to you.

(it was my b/f's birthday in a month and have been thinking 4 ages of what to buy him that would be special )

Posts: 65 | From: australia | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
fluffy. he's our goldfish. fluffy says, "hi"

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ash
Activist
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sticker pics of me and my b/f on my birthday
which is today!!!

aisha

Posts: 102 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hmm987
Neophyte
Member # 2160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hmm987     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend was always being goofy and he didn't have the money to get me a graduation gift last year. He knew that I love art and anything anyone makes for me, so he put his horrible artistic skills to use and got a floppy disk, spray painted it different colors, spray painted toothpicks and stuck them all over it for decoration, and then wrote on the back of it something sweet and funny. He put it on a chain made of safety pins as a necklace. He gave it to me partially as a joke, not expecting me to wear it of course, (it was one of the ugliest and dumbest things I've ever seen lol) but it was so nice that he took the time that I wore it all around while taking pictures after the ceremony.
Because it came from his imagination, it was better than anything else he ever bought me.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostcat
Activist
Member # 3295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostcat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend made a huge painting for me. it's rather hard to describe, since most of his work is pretty abstract... it's orange, and has a bunch of dots in a line and a bunch of red in the middle.

it's beautiful, he gave it to me for my 19th birthday. we now have it hanging over the sofa at our apartment.

------------------
"i need to wash myself again to hide all the dirt and pain, 'cos i'd be scared that there's nothing underneath"- radiohead

Posts: 73 | From: chicago, il, usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SweetBeyond
Activist
Member # 3250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweetBeyond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best present my beau has given me is about 6 poems (which he wrote himself). He's really un-artistic and is bad at getting emotions into writing, nevermind in rhyme scheme! One night, he took me to a parkinglot that overlooked the city, and started reading them to me. Oh, I was crying my eyes out..
Posts: 63 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My pet rat

We're no longer together, but I still have her ... hehe

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A cake he baked for me.Oor tried to, anyway. Because it was hard as a rock.

But he worked hard on it. My friends said he called them up all the time asking how to go about baking a cake. He even tried steaming it.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think one of the best pressies I got from my partner was the first tape he ever made for me. I am a sucker for self-made tapes (no CDs, it has to be a tape), and my boy makes awesome tapes.

And he also gave me a ticket to a Gomez/Alex Lloyd concert, that was the best concert I ever went to.

And TimTams. I love TimTams.

I like all pressies my boy gets for me, because I know he takes his time to think about what I might like and always makes me happy, no matter how small the actual pressie is.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I could get you Tim Tams too.

The dark chocolate ones.

------------------
Want More Lin?

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The action figure of me my partner made for our anniversary last year.

Hard to top.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

And our Miz Scarlet wins hands down.

Really, that action figurine is hard to beat.

------------------
Want More Lin?

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh...yes, that action figure rocks. Very very much.

And Linnie, I'd love you even more if you would get me TimTams.
"Can't buy me love" does not apply to me if someone gives me TimTams, especially the dark ones.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first thing that my boyfriend ever got me. Christmas of 99. He got me a gold bracelet with a little bit of silver in it. It is beautiful. I never take it off. I LOVE IT!!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm such a show-off.

Anyway, found some scans of the action figure and its package.

The back of the box isn't pg-rated, I'm afraid. C'est la vie.

(The guns are squirt guns, I promise)

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 05-10-2001).]

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skaterdansgirl469
Neophyte
Member # 3780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skaterdansgirl469     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what i was going to get my gf for his birthday was a gitaur book (cuz hes trying to learn) of his favorite band goldfinger, and i was going ot order an atougraphed shirt also goldfinger! but he doesnt know that im getting it yet so shhhhh!

------------------
sex is not the answer, yes is the answer, sex is the question!

Posts: 20 | From: crystal lake il. USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViCeVeRsA
Activist
Member # 3448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViCeVeRsA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well hes always offering to buy me stuff! i never used 2 like things being bought 4 me or suprises, i think its coz i didnt know how 2 say thank you or i was scared i wouldnt like it. well, hes made me a mix tape, bought me an album i really wanted, saw a song that reminded me of him so bought it 4 me straight away, he treats me 2 mcdonalds everytime we go to the city, buys me sweets and drinks, and its my birthday coming up soon. he was gonna buy me a mobile but me and my mum thought it was 2 much. i cant get the phone ne more so i have no ide what hes buying me. he kinda let it slip that he was sending me flowers on the actully day tho. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Posts: 43 | From: Uk | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rambler
Activist
Member # 3023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love the action figure! HEE!

The first time I went to visit my long-distance boyfriend (and best friend for 5 years), it was 4 days after my 18th birthday. When he picked me up from the airport we went out to the car and he handed me a box. He said "I love you," and I opened it and it was a stuffed penguin--a Tux stuffed animal. Tux is the symbol for Linux, which is an operating systems for PCs used by utter geeks. So of course it really only has significance between he and I, but it was just really sweet, because he thought hard about it and I was completely not expecting it and my little penguin is SO CUTE. I now call it "The Tommy Penguin," which is really cheesy (my boyfriend's name is Tom) and when we are not together I sleep with the penguin sometimes.

Oh and when it came in the mail it had a tear, and his mom sewed it up for me before he gave it to me. She is so cool.

------------------
rambler
Visit disabledsex.org -- Disability and Sexuality.
Or, find out how to join the teen discussion list
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.
--Joe Ancis

Posts: 141 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel07
Activist
Member # 8018

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Angel07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heehee excitment! i get to post for the first time since 2001 on this.

hmmm i was given a poem about me which was very sweet from my ex.
and i got a box on knot tying that was quite hilarious because its just a joke between the friend and i about tying knots...long story.

Posts: 131 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're having our Christmas on Saturday, so I'll build up the excitement now....

I can't say what I got him though, cause he posts on here too! We shall see how it turns out

(at the very least, he's getting a stocking, cause he doesn't get one at home)

Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the christmas eve gift exchange with my partner almost put me in mind of 'the gift of the magi', except we got each other the same thing. fishnet.
Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A baton. For conducting a band. Sounds strange, but music is something we share and although he didn't say anything, giving me a baton showed me that he would always encourage me.

magpie

PS I apologize for my abscence. Computer problems + unplanned trip to grandparent's house=not a lot of posting on ST

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missyj
Activist
Member # 10430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missyj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For this Christmas + 1 year anniversary (next month), he gave me a gold ring with a heart and a diamond, it's beautiful. But whats more, he was tight on cash this year, so he sold his beloved paintball gun to get it for me. So sweet, and yet, I feel so bad!! Cause he loved that paintball gun thing so much and it was brand new...but it showed me how much he loves me. =)

------------------
Love is natural, and everything that goes with it. ;)

Posts: 153 | From: Oakville, Ontario. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PuckerGurl
Neophyte
Member # 11083

Icon 10 posted      Profile for PuckerGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think it was a book of love poems and he had a book marker on the ones he thought of when he thought of me which he said was every minute of the day
ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Posts: 7 | From: N.Ireland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dramacrazed
Neophyte
Member # 11232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dramacrazed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well one day i got really sick and he actually was late to work just to come by my house with soup, one of my fave thick book, and a present. it was a single red rose attached to a red stuffed puppy dog (lito). that was the best gift it was soo touching that he came just bc he was worried.

------------------
minnie

Posts: 12 | From: Orlando, FL, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gussto
Neophyte
Member # 10773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gussto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
at the beginning of december my girlfriend asked me what I wanted for Christmas and, jokingly, I told her I wanted a Porsche 911, my favorite car. Anyway, Christmas Day comes around and she gives me a small box, I open it and, low-and-behold, there is a tiny remote controlled Porsche

It is the most thoughtful present I have ever recieved.

Posts: 6 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey hey I haven't been here in a LONG time! And I surprisingly still remember my password! Hooray!

I can't decide which gift was best, so there's three.
RYAN: we had a slight thing when we first met, but evolved into really good friends, so he wasn't really a Sig.Other... but he started making me a gift for graduation, but it took him a year to finish and gave it to me this past august right before I moved away to California. It's this amazing abstract colored pencil drawing. I love it.
BRAD: Was myboyfriend over the summer before I moved away, he found a titanium spork online and thought of me so he bought it for me. I love it. (I have a thing for sporks... www.angelfire.com/oh4/sporkforest will prove it.)
JAMIE: My new boy of just a few weeks. He took me to the airport when I was going home for Christmas and before I left, he gave me this little little cloth bag and inside was a silver chain necklace with a little silver star on it.(I love sporks AND stars!) I have yet to take it off.

Simple things make me happy. hehe

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have never recieved much of a material gift from my significant other. However, last Valentines Day was the first one ever that I had someone to share it with. He came over early in the morning, before school, and brought me a single dark red rose. I dried it, so that I could keep it for a long time. I really cherish the memory the rose represents.

I'm thinking he'll pay for my tattoo for my big 1-8 on Feb. 1. If mum okays it.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DiamondGirl2K
Activist
Member # 9162

Icon 14 posted      Profile for DiamondGirl2K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love every gift my boyfriend buys me because I know it comes from the heart. No matter how small, it's the thought that counts.
But my favorite gift would have to be the Scooby Doo bank he got me for our one year anniversary. It is the cutest thing! I love Scooby Doo and was soooo happy he got it for me. I put all my money in there and forbid anyone to touch it without asking my permission. I bet he regrets giving it to me since he's the one forever supplying the change inside. !!

------------------
DiamondGirl
~N~
Boogie Black
9/27/01
Still Going Strong!!!
Forever and Always!!!

Posts: 137 | From: The Home of The Greatest: NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anna-marie
Neophyte
Member # 11381

Icon 7 posted      Profile for anna-marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think my favorite would have to be last Christmas. My boyfriend gave me a beautiful silver bracelet he had made during an internship he did with a jewler. He's not a guy who is big on jewelery, so the fact that he put so much effort into this one really makes it special to me.
Posts: 3 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
aww, this thread is cute and deserves a bump so we can get some posts that aren't about abusive or dysfunctional relationships

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never did get that tattoo. Here we are, with the big 2-0 right at midnight tonight.

Since then, however, I've received my diamond ring, which I count among my treasures, because I love the man that gave it to me.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
00goddess
Activist
Member # 11734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00goddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, it would be hard to say. I've been with some pretty amazing people, most especially my current partner. I've gotten some really good presents and some lame ones.

He is so good to me, and what I like best about the presents he gives me is how perfect they all are. He really pays attention to what I care about, you know? The gifts he gets me are always something that I really wanted, or maybe something that I never expressed a want for, but that are right up my alley or related to my interests.

To me, the important thing about presents is that they tell me that the giver was thinking about me when I wasn't around. They don't have to be big or expensive.

Posts: 50 | From: houston, TX | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misslane
Activist
Member # 21368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for misslane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hands down the best thing i have gotten so far from a boyfriend is what my current one gave to me for x-mas: a warm, fuzzy, hello kitty blanket. its cold where we live and i plan on staying in the northeast for college, and i get cold easly so he wanted to give me something to keep me warm when he isn't with me. i also have a thing for hello kitty (he says i have 'hello kitty-dar', because everytime we go out if there is anything hello kitty i will spot it and head towards it ^.^)

we will see if he tops this for my 18th b-day in a week. ^.^

Posts: 60 | From: NY | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PuNkYeGg
Activist
Member # 21320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PuNkYeGg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol my boyfriend is so generous, the first time we met he was putting money down a seat and i said dont waste it so he just gave me it, all his money, and when he came to my house he started putting money in my bank.lol. All the gifts es gave me have been special but the best was a silver chain with a heart in the middle, and plus a bare from Harrods (Mega factory in London) lol not showng off or anything. But he is only 14 :P
Posts: 97 | From: Uk | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.