Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Canada-US relationship

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Canada-US relationship
jdxnc
Neophyte
Member # 2697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdxnc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend and I are in a somewhat long distance relationship, only a 2 hour drive, but what makes it more difficult is that I live in Canadan and her in the US. Well anyway I'll get to the point... In june she will be graduating and we want to move in together in Canada and we are clueless on the process of going about this.. her moving to Canada. We know that if we got married it would simplify the process but we are not quite ready for that. We want to live together for a while and see how things go before we get married, even though I've already proposed and got a YES! I love her so much! Another thing, we're both gonna be 18 in May, yes we're kinda young to think about marrage but you have to understand that we both come from very mature backgrounds for reasons untold in this tale... hee hee . Anyway, if anyone has ever gone through this or anyone who knows ANYTHING about it, please let me know!!!

Thanks A Million

Jay

==================
"To be OLD and WISE, first you must be YOUNG and Stupid!"

Posts: 12 | From: Quebec, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good place to start is Citizenship and Immigration Canada http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.html

Canada is the most open country in the world when it comes to accepting immigrants.

------------------
The most exciting phrase in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ("I found it!") but rather "Hmmm... that's funny...."

- Isaac Asimov

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdxnc
Neophyte
Member # 2697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdxnc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info, but I'm still in the dark... Has anyone had gone through this before??

Jay

Posts: 12 | From: Quebec, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nookiebabe16
Activist
Member # 2190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nookiebabe16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my boyfriend was from Quebec and I am from Massachusetts. He dumped me after 2 years so I wouldnt know, but Im glad you too worked it all out Good luck hun!!
Posts: 58 | From: Massachusetts, U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't be able to tell you how it works because I'm born here (Canada) and my parents went through the process about 15 years ago and I guess it changed a lot.

But yeah, Canada is one of the most open coutries to accept immigrants, specially if she works or studies in a techonological or medical field. (I believe it helps because there's a lack of 'em in here)

So I can only wish you good luck now !
David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you conpletely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.