Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Love or Wanting to be loved ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Love or Wanting to be loved ?
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey !
I hope you don't mind to help me on this one.

If you read the post "Love, Friends and Shyness" on the "It's all about you" board you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Briefly(spell.?), there a friend of mine who I think was interested in me last year during high school. She's still single but I don't see her too much these days as we go to diff. colleges. In fact, back then I was interested in another girl but now I'd like to have a try with her because I guess I feel something for her.

BUT, I dunno if I really love her or if I want her to love me. I know it's 2 different things but still I'm confused about that one.

Thanks !
David

P.S.: If LilBlueSmurf is the first to reply to this, she's really the best at answering to my posts because she always do in a great way. Thanks LilBlueSmurf !

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you conpletely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Enter her royal Smurfiness....

(Isn't she wonderful?)

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, I must say you're going about this the right way by even asking that question; Am i really looking for A relationship or just ANY relationship. That is really a very big difference.

Everyone wants to feel loved. It's just in our nature. It's nice to know that you're cared for and someone shares the same feelings for you. Leaves ya feeling kinda warm and tingly

Talk to her, make the connection. It's a start. Tell her you miss her company and would like to get to know her again. People change. You might not even like what you see. But you won't know until you try

Best of luck sweetie ... and thx for the kind words

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with the wonderful blue one.

Just renew your friendship and take things slow. Get to know her even better and decide if you want to pursue a relationship with her.

And I think you can answer your question on whether you want to be loved or if you really love her when the friendship grows deeper. Gd luck.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aww ... I feel so loved !!
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She's really wonderful Muz Scarlet and you're too.

For the topic, yeah I'll try to see her again some day soon but I'm just so busy and she is also. But still I'll surely have to get to know her again because people really change as you said LilBlueSmurf.

Still, I talked with you so you know what I think and for everyone else, I think (myself and it's only a thought) thay I might belong to the second category as I have been looking so badly for love on those last 2 years.

Anyway, thanks Lin and LilBlueSmurf
David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you conpletely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.