Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » My relationship.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My relationship.
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Help!
It's like I worry so much about me and my boyfriend's relationship, how it's going, and how I feel, that I can't relax and enjoy the beautiful relationship we have... Any tips on how I can settle down and just be happy about it?

P.S. If you read my post in Support Groups, you'll see that I am a worry wart!

------------------

shedding skin sucumb defeat
this machine is obsolete

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My solution?

Be honest. If you're having and kind of doubts, tell him. He'll either confirm them or tell you you're just being silly. Either way, it's better that he knows.

Having an open, honest relationship has it's perks. If he senses a problem, he'll let you know as well. It's only fair.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trust me, I *do* let him know... I always have. It's like when things are just perfect, I seem to TRY to find something to worry about, you know? He tells me it's silly and sometimes gets aggravated, and I know it is silly... I'm just a worry wart. :P And it's SO annoying.

------------------

shedding skin sucumb defeat
this machine is obsolete

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisygirl
Neophyte
Member # 2922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow... i feel the same way! its like i'm always seeing little things and making them to be these huge problems... even though our relationship is great! i talk to my boyfriend about it as well... and he talks me through everything and just reminds me that we do have an awesome relationship and that we love each other... just remembering that helps out way lots. hope that helps.

------------------
i'm gonna clear my head, i'm gonna drink that sun. i'm gonna love you good and strong while our love is good and young.
--indigo girls

Posts: 38 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoeurDoux
Neophyte
Member # 3324

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoeurDoux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know exactly what you mean. I have a great relationship and all I can do is whine about stupid things. And then I worry that he will get tired of my whining.
All I can say is just feel good about what you have! That's what I keep reminding myself.
Appreciate it while you have it, cuz if it ends you'll feel pretty bad about not embracing it.

Posts: 5 | From: Washington USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Yeah, and it's like so weird that you need him to reassure you of how great your relationship is, isn't it? But it feels good to hear someone else saying it. We all need to just kick back and enjoy!
daisygirl
Neophyte
Member # 2922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
true that
Posts: 38 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siren
Activist
Member # 3243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to get like that too sometimes. My best advice is just keep talking to him about it like you've been doing. Discuss your relationship with him on a daily basis if you have to. And if you ever get really worked up and worried about something....take a deep breath, make yourself some tea, and sit down and relax and remind yourself that everything will be okay.

------------------
Lil Siren

Posts: 190 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am the same way too. And the only way I try to get some control on myself is by reminding myself of the positive things in the relationship.

When you start to know your bf even better, you start to understand why he does the things he do and that really helps.

So continue to communicate with him and keep up the open and honest relationship. Plus always think positive sweetie.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.