Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I'm sooooo scared!!!! Please help!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm sooooo scared!!!! Please help!!!!
Kristy14
Neophyte
Member # 2277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristy14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.
Ok, I've had many boyfriends in my country-Bulgaria, but now I'm in the U.S.
There's this guy that I like and he likes me! Well, that kinda suprised me, cuz it always happened that I don't like who i'm going out with, or he doesn't really like me. So, this kinda shoked me (a happy shock) But I'm soo scared!! What do you guys do here when you go out with someone? It's really different in my country-we never go to the movies, we just hang out. I have an accent when I speak English, so whenever I go to the moves with my girlfriends, I never buy popcorn, cuz I don't even know how!!! Most of you will probably laugh at me, maybe I am stupid , I don't know. Anyways, I'm sooo scred to be in a relationship!! I don't know what to do!!!!!!! I don't even know what to wear on a first date. And I'll be scared to be alone with that boy. I can't think of anything to say, and look like a fool.I'm so nervous when I'm near him, it's actually annoying. Please help me!!! Are there any other people who feel the same things, or am I weird?????
PLS help!!!!!!!!

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know honey, chances are boys in the United States aren't all that different from boys in Bulgaria.

If you are really nervous, just take things slow and just be friends and get to know each other better until you get more comfortable being around him.

And as for the culture shock, it's natural but it will pass. How about getting some new found friends to tell you about ordering popcorn and even what they do on dates.

I am sure they will understand your questions, however silly they may seem to you.

And really, if you are scared about being in a relationship., don't. Go into one only when you are ready.

You are absolutely normal. Don't worry about that. Just take things slow and they will work themselves out. Gd luck sweetie.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristy14
Neophyte
Member # 2277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristy14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Lin!!!!! I will take things slow-I thought I would be nervous talking with my crush on the phone, but I wasn't. I guess it's just in my mind. But thanks!!!
Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Lin answered all your questions but I just thought I'd add.

I don't think you're weird for feeling the way you do at all! This boy obviously likes you and I don't think you have to worry too much about looking foolish in front of him. Just relax and remember to enjoy yourself, it could turn into something great. Talk to your friends about what to wear on a date and what to do. And ask the boy what he'd like to do, where he'd like to go. Tell him you're from another country so you're not farmiliar with a lot of things. It might give him a good opportunity to show you around and introduce you to a new country.

And as for being in a new country, you will adjust. Just give yourself some time. And if you're buying popcorn or anything for that matter, feel free to ask for help. They won't bite you and won't think you're stupid! You're in a new place, it's okay, and most people will understand and help you out. Good luck with everything!

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
It's a narrow margin, just room enough for regret. In the inch and a half between "hey, how ya been?" and "can I kiss you yet?"

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, don't worry abouit it. I'm sure guys are about the same in most countries. Most couples just hang out sometimes but they do also like to go to the movies and stuff. It depends on the kinds of things your boyfriend likes to do.

If I were you I wouldn't worry about your accent if you do go out to the movies. Most people won't laugh at you. In fact, the people at my school think foreign accents are cool and even sexy. If you go on a date ask your friends for advice on clothing. They can help you pick out the best outfit for the occasion.

And when you're around you boyfriend act casual, as if he's just one of the girls. Don't be afraid- most guys are pretty easy going and polite, so just act like yourself. If he does something that makes you uncomfortable just tell him to stop or ask him to take you home. Hope that helps a little.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honey, don't worry.

You know that this guy already likes you. And that means he likes you for who you are. I know that when it comes to love or dating and everyone gets nervous and wants to do everything just right. This is completely normal.

There is no one right outfit to wear out on a first date. Wear something that you like that makes you feel comfortable. If you really want advice, ask what your friends think.

Moving to a new country is a huge adjustment and no one is going to think you're stupid because you don't know everything. You're adapting and that's completely normal. If you're ever confused, just ask someone. They'll be glad to help.

Don't worry! Just go on your date and enjoy yourself! Have a wonderful time!

------------------
Smile, though your heart is breaking....

My crazy little universe....

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristy14
Neophyte
Member # 2277

Thanks for all your advise guys, it was very useful. But there's something else I'm worried about. A lot of people like him. And because he likes me, they all go up to him and tell him that I'm stuck up, ugly, and all sorts of mean stuff. I know that he likes me, and he knows who I really am, but I'm afraid he'll start believing them. And all the jealous girls are always getting smart with me. I just ignore them, cuz I don't care what they think, but they might affect my b/f cuz some of them are really close friends with him. They always do that to everybody, but it's kinda bothering me. Can you suggest what I should do????? I don't wanna talk to him about it though, cuz he might think that all those stuff his friends are saying about me are true.
Thank you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.