Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I cant figure her out

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I cant figure her out
Mack
Activist
Member # 2322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A while back I told this girl i knew I liked her. We used to do things with a group of my friends(which all we really do is go bowling on friday)
Last Monday she called me as asked me if i wanted to do something on the weekend(this after me asking her serveral times in email). I said i was cool with it. Well Friday came I emailed her asking if she still wanted to do something give me a call(i never got her number yet). I was waiting for her to call when my friend Jason call and asked if I wanted to go bowling. I found out through him this other guy was going to the movies with Sally(the girl I like) So i said I told Jason i'd go bowling with him. A few minutes later Sally calls and we talk for a bit. She asked why I didnt want to go to the movies(She thought it would have been a group thing). I said I was going bowling to Keep Jason company(which I didnt want to go because she never said a word to me and I find out from someone else) well to make a long story short, I end up going bowling with Jason and Paul while Sally stayed home(the guy Sally was to go to the movies with) because someone(I'm not sure if it was Paul or Sally) didnot want to go to the moives after all.
What is up with this girl? I feel bad now because she didnt do anything friday night while I did(Should I feel bad?).

Posts: 41 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a bit of miscommunication. Why don't you ask for her number and give her a call one day so that you two can make plans? (As opposed to hearing what she's doing through someone else)

------------------
You should make amends with you if only for better health. But if you really want to live, why not try and Make Yourself?

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lilnerd is right hon. Sounds like a misunderstanding.

Just give her a call and explain what happened and would she like to go for a movie this Sat.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whatsherface13
Neophyte
Member # 2675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whatsherface13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow! that was a really confusing story. Don't take anything personally, she was probably just as confused as I was while reading the story, and if she's a super awesome person, she'll be over it in no time. If you really like her, i suggest going one on one with her without the group...great move asking her to something by herself though, shows you've got initiative and girls believe it or not like that. Otherwise give it some time and cut all these extra people out of the picture and go for the gold kid!

------------------
The ever so loveable, huggable, snuggable Cissa!

Posts: 16 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mack
Activist
Member # 2322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for being a bit confusing. I could have writen more detail but you'd still be reading it(I cant stand reading long posts and i ignore most of them)
I've been trying to get ahold of her throught email(I dont have her phone number yet and I dont feel like asking her sister who i'm friends with) but she has not replied yet. Either she's ignoring me or just doesnt go on the net as much.
I'm just starting to give up on her. I know college can be demanding(I'll start next year) but she's been on brake last week I only talked to her twice, once on monday and once friday after I already made my plans. I told her I like her a few weeks ago, I've only been out with her once and that was with a group. It's like she's avoiding me or something.
Like they say there are more fish in the sea unfortuneitly I'm in El Nino waters right now.

Posts: 41 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just call her Mack. After all, email isn't exactly a very personal form of communication.

Get her number and call her if you really like her. No harm right?

But if you want to look for your other fish, you are free to do so as well.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antonio99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mack, you know... the easiest thing is to talk. If she doesn't reply even if you know she's free then that tells you a few things
1.) she's ignoring you
2.) doesn't check her email often
3.) not interested in you.

Look, from my experiences all I can say is you CAN'T EXPECT everything the way you want it to be. A girl may like you as a friend but if you wanted her to like you MORE than friend
you'd probably get answers like
1. " I don't know." ( when she's really saying. HELL NO! )
2. " I like you as a friend." ( when she's saying... only a friend and nothing more.)
3. " Hey let's go out and do something else." ( she's trying to change the subject and expect you to GET THE MESSAGE.)

I don't mean to rant at you but HONESTLY
when it comes to LIKING a woman ( which I have a lot )... and she shows you ONE TEENY LITTLE SIGN of ignorance or a bad remark to you... then that means LEAVE ! Don't go for her... LEAVE LEAVE AND LEAVE !

ARRGGHHH ! I can't stand how SOME women expect GUYS to understand them when it comes to MISCOMMINCATION. I mean some expect us to read their signals... their likes and dislikes... and whether or not they like you as more than a friend or want to date you.

BUT JEESH... You know how hard it is trying to uncover those things besides TALKING ?
YEAH... it takes a miracle.

So if you need to do the talking then let her do the talking too.

AND YES ... rejection is a BIG SIGN of giving up. But it's not the end of the world... you'll have to deal with more rejections as you progress in life.

antonio99

Posts: 208 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mack
Activist
Member # 2322

I've basicly giving up trying to get a hold of her. If she wants to talk she has my number.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.