Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » HELP!..I think my friend is a slut!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP!..I think my friend is a slut!
AngelLinz
Neophyte
Member # 2410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelLinz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok..I need help and advise on this. Anyone who wants to help! Okay. Well my friend Sarah has always sent pervertedtext messages to guys she met on line. But recently she met one of the guys from online and was only a 1o minute walk away. Well one night when the lot of us (except sarah) went out.(her parents wouldn't let her) She decided to sneak out and she let him have sex with her. Not only that but it happened 6 times in one week and ever started skipping school. Then when all of his friends heard about her they wanted an easy lay as well. So then there was like a huge gangbang with her in the middle of like 6 guys. But she WELCOMED it! Sarah thinks she is popular now. She even let the guys go up her a**. Before this whole incident she was a virgin..and at 14 i really don't think this is helathy. I mean she had sex like 15 times last week. And then after..she said ' i hade an orgie'....by that she meant she had an orgasm.......so she is obvious oblivious to technical terms and also is very naive. What do you people thing about it? Any ideas on how to talk to her. WE as her friends are very worried. But as a group of 4 friends i was the only non virgin (i was raped) and Sarah always wanted to be the first to loose it. We think she is doing it to get a response. Not to mention that while typing this i got a text of her saying that she did it again! HELP!...she is WAY outta contol!
Thanks!
Concerned friend

Posts: 10 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it does sound to me like your friends behavior is questionable. For a 14 year old girl, sex with that many different guys in one week seems very wrong to me. Especially if she had been a virgin the week before. It's sounds to me like she is aching for attention and popularity. She's proud of the attention she's getting from these guys, even if they're just using her for sex. It feels good to her. And in her mind she is popular, even though these guys are using her, and she is finally getting the attention she craves. These guys sound like complete jerks. How old are they? If they're older than 18, they could get arrested for statutory rape (depending on the laws in your state).

I guess there isn't really much you can do about your friends behavior. If she likes it-even if it's wrong- she will most likely continue doing it no matter what you tell her. You can tell her your opinion about it, and how you and your friends don't think she should be doing it. She may see what you mean, or she might just continue doing it. Just make sure you let her know how you feel.

Maybe someone else will have some better advice than I do. Good Luck.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lucky is right. It sounds like she's craving attention and she found away to get it. You and your friends need to talk to her. Let her know how you guys feel. Tell her you're worried she'll get hurt or something worse. Make it really aware that you guys love her and you'd hate to see something like this happen to hurt. Hopefully she'll listen.

------------------
To be a princess is to be an actress, but not necessarily a good one.
Don't dream your life, live your dream

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, it's very hard to know, honestly, when someone like this is or isn't telling the truth.

However, in my mind, the biggest issue at hand is that if she IS telling the truth, my guess is very little of this was done safely, and she needs STD and STI testing and a GYN exam to discuss infection and birth control.

No, that doesn't deal with possible emotional issues. However, in my experience, helping a friend to deal with the realities of the choices they are making can be a really good way to get them to make sure they really ARE okay with those choices and CAN handle them. In other words, she needs to do it for herr health, and you may find it opens up a nonjudgemental avenue for the two of you to discuss this.

So, why not offer to go with her to a GYN or clinic to take care of herself if she's going to do this? That is a great thing to do as a friend, and she may feel more comfortable discussing this when it becomes an issue of something other than what she perceives as a judgement or moral disapproval of her choices.

make sense?

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If she feels the need to share it with you everytime this has happened (quite a bit for one week, I'd say) then you most definitely have a right to say something about what she is doing. Of course, being a mother hen and lecturing her on her behaviour probably won't change much...but do tell her how much she is putting herself at risk because a)she doesn't know these people b)she can contract an STD c)if they are 18 or older it is statutory rape d)risk of pregnancy..... all this besides the fact that emotionally there is something wrong here. She is either dying for attention, or just has a low self esteem. Regardless, let her know how she is putting her life in jeopardy by behaving so recklessly.

------------------
You should make amends with you if only for better health. But if you really want to live, why not try and Make Yourself?

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.