Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » What is the most common place?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is the most common place?
Atoms
Neophyte
Member # 2888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atoms     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

What do you guys think the most common place to find a girlfriend/boyfriend is.

Thanks

Posts: 7 | From: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont know about anyone else, but i dont go "boyfriend hunting"...hehe.

Actually, for me, I have became really good friends with guys from both school and work. I know that since Im only 16, I cant say I pick up hot guys from the bar!! LoL

I dont go to the mall much either...I dont really think there are certain places that either guy or girls go to go "relationship hunting"...but maybe thats just me..

Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The most common place...Hmmmmmm . You can meet anyone anywhere when you go out, movies, mall, to a different city, a party, or just out with friends in general. Anywhere. Well if you are looking for somebody.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finding a boyfriend or girlfriend generally isn't about statistic. None of us can just tell you to spend your spare time at a certain location and a signifigant other will drop into your lap in no time.

The best advice I can give you is to go out places and start meeting people. Be social at school, take a course in something you're really interested in (this is a GREAT way to meet people who have similar interests to you), go to parties.... The easiest way to meet people is through your friends.

Just be yourself and be social!

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oddly, I have met more people I've dated in my life at the grocery store or market than almost anywhere else.

I find that no matter where I go, I am always confused for someone who works at wherever I am (market, library, bookstore), so voila -- one strikes up conversation.

And hey, if you have tofu and Seamus Heaney in common...

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exit seraphim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think the best place to find a b/f-g/f is to go somewhere where you'll be with people with common interests, like, a book store poetry reading, a stable, a skate park, maybe even your work, and especially school...

-justine

------------------
have i been wrong?
have i been wise?
to shut my eyes and play along?

Posts: 142 | From: H*Ton, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
My spouse' opinion is that the best place to meet men is at the dry cleaners. There you can be reasonably be assured that the guy

a) is employed

b) bathes

That being said, we met through a personals add in Toronto Life.

------------------
"A free society is a place where it's safe to be unpopular."

- Adlai Stevenson

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 03-02-2001).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to hang around a speedway near me and I'd meet tons of guys there...guys like fast cars, I like cars period, so that always worked out good for me.

I've also met a handful of guys (and you could meet girls there too) at my aunts condominium. Families go there for weeks at a time and you always run into the same people over and over, on your way to the beach, the pool, in the elevator. It's a friendly enviroment and a cool way to get to know someone (not to mention romantic i.e.-walking the beach at midnight).

Another place is when local bands play I go to the shows and always meet tons of new people and potential boyfriends. So, I'd say you can meet boyfriends/girlfriends anywhere, just keep your eyes open!

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
"You just close your eyes slowly like you're waiting for a kiss, and hope some lowly little power will pull you out of this..."

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sourgirl1986
Activist
Member # 2795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sourgirl1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it would be at a local teen hangout or at school... that's how I meet new people.
Posts: 43 | From: OK USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *ShellerBabe*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by glitter695:
The most common place...Hmmmmmm . You can meet anyone anywhere when you go out, movies, mall, to a different city, a party, or just out with friends in general. Anywhere. Well if you are looking for somebody.

so...how did you meet your boyfriend bob??

Posts: 117 | From: America..~*hehe*~ | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I met my partner when a guy friend took me to meet a number of other guys for an RPG. The game really, really sucked. But at least something good came of it. Still, there's got to be a better way to meet people!
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinkletoze
Neophyte
Member # 2811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twinkletoze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this is going to sound completely lame adn geeky but its the truth
for me i found the place where i met most of the ppl whom i was attracted to was on the internet.
interesting personalities intrigue me the most about someone
ofcourse physical chemistry must be present too
but i find alot of the guys hwo i "like"i have met on the net
and some of them are guys who i wud never have taken a second loook at physically

------------------
smile:)
its the second best thing u can do with your lips

Posts: 29 | From: somehwere in the caribbean..arent u jealous?:) | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I met mine on the internet.

During the irc addiction phase of my life.

But seriously, I have no idea where to meet guys and girls.

I would have to say school.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.