Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » My "friend" is confusing me!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My "friend" is confusing me!
Sourgirl1986
Activist
Member # 2795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sourgirl1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok... I have a friend... we have been pretty good buds for two years. We have first hour together at school, and we are like the best of friends in that time... But for the rest of the day when she is with other friends, she acts like I'm not even there. This really hurts me b/c I am a good friend to her. Do you think she is really my friend?

------------------
~*Sourgirl*~

"I cry out to God seeking only his decison, Gabriel stands and confirms I've created my own prison."-Scott Stapp (Creed), from the song "My Own Prison"

"What if your words could be judged like a crime?"-Scott Stapp (Creed), from the song "What If"

Posts: 43 | From: OK USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have people like that in my school. I really dont like people like that, it hurts other peoples feelings.

I would say talk to her and tell her how you feel about her ignoring her. Tell her that we are together 1st period and then the rest of the day you ingore me and that hurts. Thats all you can really do for the situation now. But if she continues to do this after you talked to her I would just get a new friend. Everyone deserves RESPECT. Good Luck!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend used to do that to me when we were freshmen. And the other "friends" that she would ignore me when she was with, were hardly friends at all. She had admitted many times that she didn't really trust them. Anyway, one day we were online and I typed "Why do you always ignore me when you're with _____ ??" She was like "I do??" and then, sure 'nuff, I noticed a miraculous change in her! I honestly believe she didn't even realize she was doing that to me-- so it might be a good idea to just let her know!

------------------
"it's like being hit in the head repeatedly with a sock full of quarter's" ~~Daria~~

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sourgirl1986
Activist
Member # 2795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sourgirl1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks lilnerd and glitter695... but bad news... I lost my friendship with her... but you know what? I don't miss being treated like I am nothing!!!

------------------
-Shanna-

Posts: 43 | From: OK USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear that sweetie but if she wasn't worth all the effort in the first place, you are probably better off without her.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. I have a friend who ignores me whenever she's around guys. It's like I'm not even there. I can barely get her to look me in the eye. It's definately not worth the effort. I just don't go out with her when I know there are guys involved. I think I'll take Glitter's advice and talk to her about it. Anyway, I'm glad that you're out of that relationship If it made you feel bad, then it definately wasn't worth the effort.
Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.