Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » kissing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: kissing
lylajane
Neophyte
Member # 2705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lylajane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, today my b/f that I oh so devoted myself to just called me young, inexperienced and said that I can't kiss,.. its a spanish song,.. he sung it to me,.. needless to say I was quite hurt. now, he is a little older and more experienced than I but he knows of my insecurities,.. what am I supposed to do? can some people give me a few tips,.. I want to surprise him when I see him this week,. thanks,..
*~*lylajane*~*

Posts: 2 | From: NJ | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you really want to surprise him, go tell him to go find a more mature, more experienced girlfriend that likes it when he exploits her insecurities. I think that'll a funny surprise.

I have no idea why I'm even responding because I don't have any positive advice to give you (as in how to please him). Don't go buy Hot Secrets to Kissing: Tips to Stop His Mean, Insensitive Comments. If you really want to solve "your" problems, talk to him. That's all I can say. I'd rather go for the funny surprise though.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surferChicka
Activist
Member # 2232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surferChicka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if it were that simple...i'd say dump him. but seriously, i agrEE w/slowcOOkie on this.

------------------
peace, love, & seXwax!

Posts: 117 | From: Honolulu, HI | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
find a more mature, more experienced girlfriend that likes it when he exploits her insecurities

Make that into a song and sing in in whatever language you want to. Sing it to him and see how he feels.

Hon, if he wants a freaking kissing machine ask him to go buy those kissing fishies.

You are more than that and tell him that if he wants to be with you, he better respect that.

------------------
Colouring in your whole face with an eyebrow pencil can give you a sun-kissed winter feeling - Kaz Cooke

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would agree with everyone else to leave him. If kissing is all that matters to him, why should you limit yourself that way? Find a guy who will see you as a whole person.
Keep Smiling

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Suprise him by telling him that's over and giving him a swift slap in the face.

If he hurts you over something as trivial as a kiss, then you can do so much better. You don't need to be insulted by a guy who only cares about how he feels.

------------------
Give yourself over to absolute pleasure!! With protection, of course.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lylajane
Neophyte
Member # 2705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lylajane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, but I was wondering about a few better kissing tips,.. anyone got any??
*~*lylajane*~*

Posts: 2 | From: NJ | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by lylajane:
No, but I was wondering about a few better kissing tips,.. anyone got any??
*~*lylajane*~*

Only the same answer we give to any questions like that.

Everybody is different. People like different things. Some other guy might love the way you kiss and think that your current boyfriend is totally wrong in his opinion. I have kissed folks with whom I am "kissing compatible" and folks with whom I am not. It just depends on the individuals involved.

That said, if you think this guy is worth it (and from your brief description, is he?) the two of you can learn to kiss better with each other. This takes communication, though, and it sounds like maybe you two aren't doing so well on that score if he's putting you down and you're feeling insecure. Anyhow, getting more compatible takes a combination of talking about what you each like in kissing and (the fun part) *practice*. Pay attention to what he likes and what he does. Don't forget, though, he needs to do the same for you. It's not a one-way street.

And if it doesn't work out, remember, there are other fish in the sea, and some of them are just your style of kissers!

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
then sing this to him (to the tune of "That's Amore"):

i think you're a dork,
so go eat some pork
you're a poo-head

i am not fine
with all of the time
i had wasted

thinking you were so worthy
so please contract scurvy
i have hated

how you were so mean
and oh so obscene
i'm not immature

this guy is a real winner i even wrote a song for him. anyway, unfounded, deconstructive criticism isn't very nice to say the least. tell him to play fair or hit the road.

------------------
Kill your TV! And while you're at it, your mobile phone, too.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear Gumdrop. This post has driven you to extreme behaviour.

Hon, if you really insist on staying with a guy like that who hurts you for no other rason than the fact that you don't live up to his kissing standards then fine.

ASk him how he likes to be kissed. THat's the best advice anyone here can give you. COMUNICATION. That's the word you want.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.