Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Something about most relationships

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something about most relationships
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antonio99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this may sound odd or even silly... but listen to this:

" Isn't it silly the way SINGLE people envy people in RELATIONSHIPS and people in RELATIONSHIPS envy SINGLE people ? "

Would someone like to add in their comments or suggestions ?

For me, i'm single and everytime i see a couple, i envy them once in a while by asking them what it's like being in a relationship.

Antonio99

Posts: 208 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't help there.

Really, when I'm in a relationship, it's because that's where I want to be and so I'm happy with that. Same goes for the times I've been single.

Because we all get to choose where we want to be, I'm not sure what the reason would be to be envious.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno..."the grass is always greener on the other side" maybe.

There were always times when I was lonely and wished I was in a relationship, yet at the same time, I was single because I chose to be single. I think you just have to learn to be happy at the place you're at in your life.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip."
~Jonathan Carroll

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antonio99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As for me, sometimes I wonder what it's like being in a relationship when i'm single. That happens on and off.

miz scarlet, thanks for the input. I'll post a new message for this forum...

antonio99

Posts: 208 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm , Antonio, I must agree with Miz S that I am happy being in a relationship, and if I wanted to be single, I'd be single.

Of course there were times when I was single that I felt lonely and missed having a relationship, but I always came to realize that having phases in your life where you're without a steady partner can be very good for your personal development.

------------------
Just a regular lunatic.
Go inside Alaska's head...

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

kittengoddess

yeah... i guess the grass is greener on the other side.

for some of us... i guess.

antonio99

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kitten - great heads think alike, eh?
Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cutie12345
Neophyte
Member # 2565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cutie12345     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea i know what you mean Antonio i feel like you do I envy those who have the freedom to like who theyw ant n do what they feel , and those who dont, but have a beautiful realationship...
Posts: 10 | From: fl | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most definately my dear Alaska...most definately!

~KittenGoddess

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With kitten on this.

But I have never felt this way in my relationship. I guess this happens when people go into a serious relationship without realising what it entails.

Committment, trust etc. And that's when they start thinking "Maybe I should have been single".

My 2 Singapore cents.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently in relationship and there has never been a time where I wished I was single. I'm with my boyfriend because I want to be with him. It's not because he fits the boyfriend role or that I simply want to say I have someone. In my opinion, if you're in a relationhip and wishing that you were single, then you shouldn't be in a relationship at all.
Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.