Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I Feel Like A Stalker

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Feel Like A Stalker
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We were doing weightlifting in gym class, and I was spotting this guy who was making up a gym class. Well, I thought he was pretty cute so I struck up a conversation. We talked for fifteen minutes or so, and we really hit it off. I only found put a few things, his name, he's a senior, and he's going to be in the army.

So, now I really like him-full blown crush. Only problem is, I haven't seen him since the gym class . I asked around about him, found out some more stuff. And I've been looking for him a lot lately. My quesion-would I be too straight forward or weird if I were to write him a note, or give him a call? I'm apprehensive, because I'm not sure he knows my name, my age (I'd be honest with him if I do ever meet him again), or anything about, so he may not remember me. I don't want to seem like the weird stalker from Hell, but I really do like him. Any tips?

------------------
Give yourself over to absolute pleasure!! With protection, of course.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think a note or a call is just fine.

It isn't stalking to express to someone that you'd like to get to know them better or that you'd like to hang out or talk. Stalking is when you do that and they say no, and you ignore their disinterest, or when you never approach them at all, but follow them around everywhere and appear lurking at every corner.

So, call or leave a note if you want to -- it's called being friendly.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. There's nothing wrong with dropping a friendly note or giving him a call. Chances are he will be flattered that you went through the trouble to look him up.

As long as you don't do those heavy breathing hang up calls, wait outside his house for him email him 300 times a day, I say you are not even close to being a stalker.

Gd luck and hope it all works out.

------------------
Money Saver Tip:Don't waste money on expensive, tawdry wiglets. Collect all the hair you shave off your legs, armpits and eyebrows for 6 months and glue carefully onto an Alice band. Voila Instant luxurious tresses - Kaz Cooke

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XxFIFxX
Activist
Member # 2109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XxFIFxX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dude, seriously, just find him again and talk to him. ive learned the hard way that guys dont like being sought out like that. Talk to him a few more times first, then call him or write him a note, but dont start it off that way.

------------------
*I wish I didn't care, but I do*

Posts: 62 | From: Los Angeles, CA USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, "guys" don't like any one thing. I'm going to say it agaain, because though we have said this about men and women about 864,295 times at this site already, people seem to miss it: men and women are different people, not different species and they do not all behave in the same ways.

If you have noticed that in <i>your </i>experience, the men <i>you</i> have met don't like it when <i>you</i> do something, that is very subjective, and that's what's worked for <i>you</i> with the men <i>you</i>have met so far in your life. But, being someone who has heard thousands of people talk about this, and who is in her thirties and has had hundreds of dates in her life, lemme tell ya: there is no golden rule. For anything. There just ain't.

Talk. Call. Write. Whatever feels best to you is just ducky. To be plain, I've done all of those things at any given time, and if someone was interested in hanging out with me, heck if they cared how I pursued that so long as it was respectful and friendly.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i met a guy. we hit it off. hung out once with some friends another time. then, i got his number from a freind, called him up, played a little phone tag, then when i finally got to talk to him, asked him if he'd like to go out and do something sometime and he said yes! so we went out and had a great time! i guess we're *kind of* seeing each other but not really. he is interested in me and i am him. and we all know that. so... i guess i'm just saying that if you call him up and ask him to go out sometime, you'll find out if he's interested and there won't be anymore worrying.

good luck if you call him!

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.