Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » What should i do??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What should i do??
Rachel
Activist
Member # 1941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rachel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this big crush on this guy. I mean he just seems so perfect for me! But there is a problem he has a girlfriend.... :-(. I mean we call each other pretty much everyday and he tells me that i am his best girl friend. He told me once that he liked me liked me like as a girlfriend. I mean all of his friends tell him that he talks about me like i am his girlfriend (his friend told me he talks about me all the time his girlfriend even told me that!). I mean i know he has a girlfriend but i mean it seems weird! What do i do i mean i like him soo much but if i did say anything i am scared things will get weird!(I'm 15)
Posts: 64 | From: Long Island NY | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
he has a girlfriend. i would advise not to start anything beyond normal, platonic friendship while he still has a girlfriend. it will only get ugly if you try to break them up. it will get uglier if he is stringing you along while he is going out with her.

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any declarations of love yet? Be friends, friends are good. I understand that you like him but he does have a girlfriend. Even if he does talk to you alot, he still has a girlfriend. He's with her for one reason or another, so just leave it alone.

All of us end up falling for our best friends at one time or another but drama is not that cool. You should always be honest with your feelings but if your friendship is working, then let that friendship be. If you want something more, wait for a time when he is single. Don't complicate matters and don't screw up a working relationship.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you need to ask him what is going on here. Does he like you as a gf or does he not.

Coz right now he is not being very fair to you or his gf. And you so do not want to be known as the third party should anything happen.

So talk to him and ask him what he wants. If he wants to be just friends, I suggest you guys keep it like that. There is no real need to talk on the fone everyday and for him to say things like "I like you like a girlfriend."

If he does want to be with you, ask him to settle his relationship with his gf now before calling you up again. Gd luck dearie.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rachel
Activist
Member # 1941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rachel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know he has a girlfriend thats why i feel so bad! Because he keeps saying stuff to me like he is not sure who he likes better me or his girlfriend. I mean i am trying to just forget about thinking about him that why but i don't know i can't. I mean he asked me if i liked him that way and i said yes. I am just really confused!!!
Posts: 64 | From: Long Island NY | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I said rachel honey. Talk to him.

If you are so upset about what's going on. Talk to him and ask him for an answer as to whether he likes you or not. If not, ask him to stop telling you these things which just uspet and confuse you. If he does, ask him to settle his relationship with this girl first.

talk to him It's the only way to end all this.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam007
Neophyte
Member # 2121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with everyone who has posted on this subject, he has a gf, therefore he is foul play, but make sure and talk to him about it.other then that i hope things work out for you.

------------------

Posts: 17 | From: NH | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it definately doesn't sound like he knows what he wants, but you can't figure that out for him, he has to do it on his own. Doing anything that will cause he and his g/f to break up is probably not a good idea. That kind of thing can cause alot of hurt feeling, and it might not turn out the way you plan. My suggestion would be to go along and be his friend. Sometimes friendships turn into love, sometimes they don't. You just have to be patient and wait and see what happens.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Intelligence is like underwear. We all should have it but we shouldn't show it off."
~James Dent

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
~Helen Keller

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rachel
Activist
Member # 1941

I talked to him. He says that he found out that he only likes me as a friend and that he loves her more. I feel really really bad i mean i still really like him. Whats wrong with me?? I mean why does he like her better!
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is nothing wrong with you! In pretty much any close guy-girl friendship at some point you're going to like the other person, because if you like them as a friend why not as more? It doesn't mean that anything has to come of it and it also doesn't mean that you're going to like eachother at the same time. I agree that he was sending out confused signals, but it seems like he's finally come to a decision. What you have to realise is that just because he doesn't like you as a girlfriend does not mean he does not like you as a friend. There's no way, unfortunately, that you can change your feelings but you most certainly can just be friends with him, if that's what you want. Maybe take a little while where you don't talk to him and get your feelings for him sorted out. If you can be friends that's great but you have to evaluate whether you want to be friends or hold out for the romantic relationship. Good luck
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rachel
Activist
Member # 1941

Okay i am totally trying but i was talking to him on the phone and i was telling him that this guy asked me out and he was like him you can do better than him. Then i was telling him who i liked and he put down every single one of them. Whats up with that?
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

IS there truth in what he is saying about these guys? If not, tell him you appreciate genuine advice but if he is just saying things for the sake of saying them, then please just not say anything at all.

Hon, you know how he feels now. Accept it and move on. So you were not meant to be. Big deal. there are tonnes of wonderful guys around. Cheer up.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.