Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » You and your loved one's song? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: You and your loved one's song?
rebecca
Neophyte
Member # 2405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rebecca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We both love Pink Floyd:"Wish you were here". My current boyfriend plays that song to remind him of me ever since I quoted that song in a letter to him.

Rebecca

------------------
-------------------------
She would sell her mother to make a dime before closing time when he tells her so.

Posts: 19 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
army_angel13
Activist
Member # 9184

Icon 14 posted      Profile for army_angel13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my cuddle bear's song is " U got it bad " by Usher. That's our song cuz we slow-danced by that song and it was my first slow-dance and his first too. It was really magical!

------------------
* been there, done that, easy as pie, yummy! *

Posts: 56 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kiwi
Neophyte
Member # 2668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kiwi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Episode iv by Jimmy Eat World.
Posts: 25 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime_Salty
Neophyte
Member # 9407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lime_Salty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Tiny Dancer'- By Elton John-
because I'm a dancer - and we met doing a musical- west side story- he played Chino- and I played a dancer-
during my ballet number- I'd always look over at him and smile

Posts: 4 | From: Chatham, ON, Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheyanae
Neophyte
Member # 9313

Icon 7 posted      Profile for cheyanae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first time I saw my boyfriend (we met on an online game) was at a 3 Doors Down concert, and he really liked So I Need You... when I was at his house for spring break this year, I was really sick (bad timing, bleah) and he sang that to me a couple times.
Posts: 3 | From: somewhere... | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PiNkRoSe13
Activist
Member # 9055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PiNkRoSe13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine and my boyfriend's song is "All You Wanted" by Michelle Branch...the lyrics explain everything that i feel for him...
Posts: 49 | From: Frankfort IL USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dork
Neophyte
Member # 9226

Icon 12 posted      Profile for dork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Topic.... Me and my baby's song is "U Got it Bad" by Usher and "Differences" by Genuine
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tonyssmgluva
Neophyte
Member # 8314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tonyssmgluva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well there's too many to count recently i sang He is By Brandy
He sang Ribbon in The Sky by stevie Wonder
Then i sang Dilemma by Nelly ( I love u I need U No Matter wut i do all i think about iz u)
I wrote him a couple of songz as well

but he took the cake when he sang Peaches n cream by 112 lol

Posts: 8 | From: Beltsville, Md,USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistress_monkey
Activist
Member # 7467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mistress_monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rebecca:
We both love Pink Floyd:"Wish you were here". My current boyfriend plays that song to remind him of me ever since I quoted that song in a letter to him.

yeah, that's one of me and my bf's too. pink floyd's "comfortably numb" is one too, since we were listening to it together over the phone and started crying.

the rest:
"love song"-the cure
"46 and 2"- tool (the song we had our first kiss to!)
"putting the damage on" - tori amos
"devil's dance floor" - flogging molly
"go monkey go" - devo (don't ask...)
"fragile" - nine inch nails
"song from a movie" - radiohead

there's a ton more but its late and i'm tired...

------------------
Hail Eris! KaAAIXTI! All hail Discordia! 23 Skidoo!

"If you're going to be a non-conformist, you're going to have to wear the uniform."

Posts: 158 | From: grrrrr, nowhere, usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lil'Lin
Neophyte
Member # 8007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lil'Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine and my hunny's song is (most of all)
"I'll Be" by Edwin McCain, we constantly heard it together and when he went away for a while he asked me to burn him a CD for the plane ride and I snuck it on there. He listened to it every night he was away he told me!
He also mouths the words to "Never Had a Dream Come True" by S-Club (hate the group, love the song) whenever it plays when we're together. So that's another one.

Posts: 22 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BamaSpam
Neophyte
Member # 9537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BamaSpam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Garth Brooks "To make you feel my love" (I know you haven't made your mind up yet/ but I would never do you wrong/ I've known it from the moment that we met/ there's no doubt in my mind where you belong... *shiver* good stuff)

I knew it was our song with he drove me up to this cliff that overlooked this farm and the lake and the sun was setting, and he popped in the CD, and that's where we had our first dance, on the cliff... I never felt so pretty or romantic...

Oh I miss him! *kisses for brandon!*

------------------
<i>The moment--whispering tells us,
THIS is you,
summer goddess,
beating honey vision,
lazy garden mist,
mad blue symphony,
and tripping gorgeous girl</i>

Posts: 16 | From: Jasper, AL USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fairie
Activist
Member # 8914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fairie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me and my guys song is "keeper of the Stars" by Tracy Byrd. We just picked it ( four months and we're just not getting around to it) oh well procrastionations the key!
Posts: 101 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HockeyGrl
Neophyte
Member # 9401

Icon 6 posted      Profile for HockeyGrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a GREAT topic!

My bf and I aren`t really the romantic "chessy" type so we don`t have the whole "touching" and "intimate" song kinda deal goin on...but there is one that he and I have both agreed on and thought to be a song that reflects our relationship....it`s the song "Cruisin" by Gwenyth Paltrow and Huey Lewis.

The reason for this song is because the way we met was he would drive me home after our Night School Gym Class but we would "Cruise" I guess for a bit before he would drop me off...so that`s my cute story hehe...

Also I always bug him that the song from "Armageddon" reminds me of him because he is always mistaken for Ben Affleck...he`s been asked for autographs even...

good to know others have those not so cheesy songs....you all rule!

Posts: 34 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we don't really have "a song", but rather music that tends to remind us of the other. we've got a CD full, but some of the highlights are "everyone's a junkie" (Our Lady Peace) "Closer" (Nine Inch Nails) "Toxicity" (System of a Down), "Heaven Coming Down" & "The Messenger" (the Tea Party) and "wish you were here" (Pink Floyd).

as for music i can't listen to, that would be "When You're Gone" (Matchbox 20) as a reminder of an ex-boyfriend whom i now look upon with contempt.

[This message has been edited by MarvellousPurple (edited 08-18-2002).]

Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Garth Brooks nearly anything.
Skinni-Marinki-Dinky-Dink song
You are my sunshine
Anything lion kIng

we're dorks. We sing EVERYTHING.

Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeL PriNCeSSo6
Neophyte
Member # 9824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnGeL PriNCeSSo6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my ©TiGGa© have 2 songs...
The first is "Differences" by Ginuwine!
The second is "Making Good Love" by Avant!

He doesn't really sing too much but he has sang, John Michael Montogonery's "I Can Love You Like That" to me as we stood in his room holding on to each other!

------------------
Lub-Me-Always, KiM aKa ©TiCkLe PuSS©

"T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E. = The Hate U Give Little Infants F*cks Everyone" By Tupac!

Posts: 6 | From: Statesville, NC, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minibears4702
Neophyte
Member # 9829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Minibears4702     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my BF dont have an official song but here are some that remind me of him:
Amazed ~Lonestar
All My Life~KC and JoJo
My love is your love ~Whitney Huston

and one time he saing this really pretty song in spanish...'
~Minibears

Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seldon
Neophyte
Member # 9841

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seldon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since we aren't currently going out :-(, the song that reminds me the most of her is Falling in Love Again by Eagle Eye Cherry (except for the part about being tired of playing this game).

While we were going out it was probably Abracadbra by Sugar Ray b/c the way i asked her out was burning all her favorite music onto a cd (she requested that song) and then writing the question onto the top of the cd... I still remember that day (warm fuzzy feeling every time i think about her).

A random question, do you think its possible to maintain a relationship going to a different hs than someone, or should i give up (i still love her though)? thanx!

Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomCat
Neophyte
Member # 8515

Icon 7 posted      Profile for TomCat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Guy And I have been together for 6 months. Our song is "Blurry" by puddle of mudd.Its our song because 6 months ago it was the song playing when I met him at a party,it was just him and I standing out on the deck and blurry was playing. We exchanged phone numbers after a make out session *tisk tisk on me lol*.And every time I heard blurry I thought of him and 3 weeks later we got together talked about that night and the song that neither of us will forget for a long time. : ) I'm a hopeless romantic what can I say?

------------------
[TomCat]

Posts: 21 | From: Philly,PA-Reston,VA-[USA] | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this was such a great topic, why not bring it back?

Although I have never had a serious boyfriend, me and my best friend, who is a guy, have a song, a love song too. its KC and JoJo's "Crazy" because when we use to fight, I use to listen to that song. I told him that one day and he was like Oh my godsh me too so it became our song.

Of course theres a ton of songs that remind me of certrain guys. When I was 14(im 17 now) I liked this guy, Matt who was 18, and Usher's "you got it bad" reminds me of him.

------------------
my bucket of tears

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peachesz*n*cream06
Neophyte
Member # 23838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peachesz*n*cream06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Daniel Bedingfield - If Youre Not The One
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizenny
Activist
Member # 22661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen was what my ex and I called our song. It's not a love song at all but we met when I was just being goofy and singing it at the top of my lungs when he joined in. After that it sort of represented us letting go of stupid expectations and not caring about how good or how stupid we looked or sounded in front of each other. We're not dating anymore but we're still friends and we still sing it.

------------------
You catch more flies with manure than you do with honey.

Posts: 110 | From: Worcester MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ilovemysoldier
Neophyte
Member # 23042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovemysoldier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...we actually have a few of them...
"Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith, "Porcelain" by Red Hot Chili Peppers, and "Hells Bells" by AC/DC.

------------------
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all of its pupils."

"Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved."

Posts: 23 | From: Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
golden_lily
Neophyte
Member # 18231

Icon 1 posted      Profile for golden_lily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I don't really officially have a song although one time we were trying to pick one and he said "The next song that comes on Mtv is ours" and that song was "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day. So I'll always think of him and giggle when I hear that song, but I think "Love Song" by the Cure is more ours. It has some great memories.

[This message has been edited by golden_lily (edited 06-22-2005).]

Posts: 17 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Blinded" Third Eye Blind

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teen120
Neophyte
Member # 23903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teen120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Almost anything thats old, calm, peaceful, and romantic
Posts: 6 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sedi Tlugvi
Activist
Member # 21797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sedi Tlugvi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alice Cooper's Poison.
Posts: 75 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't going to post here originally, since my boyfriend and I have been broken up since late last year, but I was digging through some old stuff and I found the CD he made me for my 16th birthday, with our song on it. "Stairway to Heaven" was the first song he and I danced too...

*sob*

(I can't listen to it anymore, either...)

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyra_Daemon
Neophyte
Member # 19961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyra_Daemon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our song is "Here Without You" by "3 Doors Down"

Because we used to feel lonely when talking on messenger that we couldn't hug each other for real...so we listen to this song instead

Posts: 15 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phswimmer16
Neophyte
Member # 23920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phswimmer16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend came up with the song this i promise you by nsync. he is so sweet and is so compassionate about having a song. i love him so much and i know he knows that!!!

Posts: 7 | From: turlock, ca | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kandikayne4504
Neophyte
Member # 24150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kandikayne4504     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My song for david is 'Iris'by goo goo dolls ,or 'I dont wanna miss a thing" by aerosmith it reminds me of how i feel about him, and his song for me is 'Angel' by Aerosmith...yea we like aerosmith

------------------
"trying to forget someone you love, is like trying to remember someone you never knew"

Posts: 36 | From: woolford, MD, United States | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anaya07
Neophyte
Member # 24028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anaya07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith Urban "makeing memories of us"

My boyfriend sang that song to me when he first said he loved me!

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post 
me and my lovely ginge have a couple of songs. 'My immortal' by evanescence because when we fight he listens to it and i listened to it too one time and it just became our song. another one is 'It's been a while' by Staind. both quite depressing when you think about it but they just seem to remind us of each other. another one is 'time of my life' but i cant remember who thats by. and another one is 'summer of '69' by bryan adams
Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onehipwoman
Neophyte
Member # 21167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onehipwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
our 'offical' song is "you had me at hello" by kenny chesney....

but there are others that definatly remind me of him.. "shes my kind of rain" by tim mcgraw and "i miss my friend" by darryl worley

Posts: 20 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kisses Me Pink
Activist
Member # 24198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kisses Me Pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my lover have tons of songs...but our main one is 'I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing' by Aerosmith. Another one is 'You're My Best Friend' by Queen...'Lady' by Styx...and 'Come Sail Away' by Styx...'Master of Puppets' by Metallica...although that's for weird reasons.

We have tons. The list is never ending.

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.