Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » You and your loved one's song? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: You and your loved one's song?
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey yo! I was just wondering what's you and your partners song? Me and my b/f really don't have one. We tend to sing to each other ALOT! He has such a beautiful voice Like the first song he sang to me was Sisqo's 'Got To Get It' and the first song I sang to was 'So Emotional' by Christina Aguilera. There's lots more I just don't feel like typing them all.

------------------
~*~Buff Chick~*~
*kiss*kiss* to my Karamel Kid! :)

Watch out! I'm awful speller. *hehe*

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Travis "Why Does is Always Rain on Me?"

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'rin
Activist
Member # 1950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'rin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me and my guy have gone through several songs - "banditos" by the refreshments when we were going through our pranksters phase; "one week" by barenaked ladies when things were kind of rocky,he emailed me the lyrics to "iris" by googoo dolls once, and it's still kind of our song. but "shooting my mouth off" by james always makes me think of him.

------------------
"-and i hope i'm not shooting my mouth off...again...and i pray i'm not tempting the fates....."
-james, off millionaires

Posts: 219 | From: lost in yonkers | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DuCkiE
Neophyte
Member # 2253

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DuCkiE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My song with my old boyfriend Josh was -Forever- by Will Smith... yeah those were the days!

But now that we're broken up, we still have a song. Well I have a song for us, it's -Ex-Girlfriend- by No Doubt. The lyrics are totally perfect for how I feel!

------------------
-Hey you don't be silly! Put a rubber on that willy!-

Posts: 8 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Err ... ya know, I'm not really sure lol

I think it's November Rain, but don't quote me on that hehe I really like 'Arms wide open' by Creed, too. It was one of the first songs we danced together too ... aww

~ Smurfy

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Im just chillin in TX and I thought I would just see how my scarleteen was going
I miss you guys, I'll be home soon. I really miss my boyfriend
Well mine and my boyfriends song is, "Where you are" by Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey...Hes so sweet and se slow dances with me in his living room, to that song. Hes even the one that called it *are* song!!!
I love my babe and miss him so much, its not the same without him. Well I better stop talking about him b4 I go krazy!!!! I'll talk to you guys probably when I get home!!! TTYL BUH BYEES, LOVE~GLITTER

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*
"The first time I saw you, I knew that I would fall for you, & now that were together, our love will last forever!!" -By: The person I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm.

My sweeties and I don't really have songs, per se, but there are a lot of songs that remind me of them.

My sweetie Allan and I are very fond of "We've got a world that swings" and "Ana Ng" by They Might Be Giants (I don't want the world! I just want your half!) He also calls me up and sings show tunes to me periodically. We tend to sing along to whatever's in the car, too, and we used to send tapes and CDs that we'd made to each other when we were seeing each other less frequently than we do now.

A song that reminds me of one of my other sweeties is "you can't always get what you want" by the Stones, becuase it was playing in the car on one of the first times we went out, and it was very appropriate to what was going on in my life at the time.

Hm. Other songs that remind me of sweeties.

If I Wrote You (Dar Williams)
Cold (Annie Lennox)
Head over Feet (Alanis Morisette, or as someone I know calls her, alanis more upset :)
signed sealed delivered and overjoyed (Stevie Wonder)

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We don't have one! But the song that really reminds me of him and us is, "There is no if," by The Cure. Only because I remember listening to it a lot right around the time we started dating...it brings back all the feeling I felt on the drive to meet him and how excited I was about whatever the future held.

And if we pick a "song" sometime in the near future I'll let you all know!

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
"You flicker. And you're beautiful. You glow inside my head. You hold me hypnotized, I'm mesmerized..."
My Webpage-Alisons Life

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
aaaaaahhhh....music. My partner and I always mix tapes for each other. And sing in the car. And stuff. Very musical, I'd say.
So we do have a bazillion of songs.....among others...

"Beautiful Sharcks" by Something for Kate is a song I always connect to the first weeks that we were together.

The "Skin" Album by Endorphin is our music as well....

As is the "Odyssey #5" Album from Powderfinger, because I bought it during the last week in Oz and we listened to it in the car all the time.....

as is Gomez, especially "Machismo" and "We haven't turned around"....

as are "My way home" and "Lucky Star" by Alex Lloyd...

Yes, obsessed with music, guilty as charged.

(Oh, and "Out of this world" by the Cure...but mainly just for me)

------------------
Just a regular lunatic.
Go inside Alaska's head...

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ooh. i love gomez. i have a cute iZone picture of me with Ian i was dying of the flu and i still crawled out of bed to see them that day.

i've been listening to travis all day. i want my boyfriend!!! wahh!!!

on a tangent, how 'bout songs that you *can't* listen to because of ex? I can't listen to Third Eye Blind anymore because that was the soundtrack to my last relationship; we went to 3eb shows together and he bought me the CD for my 18th birthday.

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deegurl143
Activist
Member # 353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deegurl143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there are so many songs that i dedicate to my baby. every love song i hear reminds me of him. he's dedicated quite a few to me too.

but he said our song was "here and now" by luther vandross. he said it was a pretty song for a pretty girl in a pretty relationship. AWWW!!! what a nerd !

------------------
**Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted**

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
JaMeS & DoReEn 4eVeR
^*^*^*^^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Posts: 269 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"By Your Side" by Sade (Think I'd leave your side baby / you know me better than that / Think I'd leave you down when you're down on your knees / I wouldn't do that.)

"Love Song" by the cure

"Love Song For A Vampire" by annie lenox (Let me be the only one / to keep you from the cold / now the floor of heavens laid / with stars of brightest gold / they shine for you / they shine for you / they burn for all to see / come into these arms again / and set this spirit free)

"And So It Goes" by Billy Joel (so i would choose / to be with you / thats if the choice were mine to make / but you can make decisions too / and you can have this heart to break)

lovely, lovely.

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I need my conscience to keep watch over me
To protect me from myself
So I can wear honesty like a crown on my head
When I walk into the promised land

Aria of Mayhem

[This message has been edited by Aria51 (edited 01-03-2001).]

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phsygnosis
Activist
Member # 2226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phsygnosis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend says our song is "Last Kiss" By Pearl Jam. I really like that song too. Another one is "More than Words" By Extreme. Another one is "Mind Sex" By Dead Prez. It really isn't "one of our songs" but it means alot to us in some funny way.

-Phsygnosis

Posts: 88 | From: Canton, Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last Kiss is one of those songs I didn't like too much the first time around, but the newer version does have some evocative significance to me. I don't think my partner ane I have a song. More like we have some things in common, and other things I associate with him. We both love just about everything the Barenaked Ladies have done, and get weirdly nostalgic over stuff like the My Little Pony theme, but that's not exactly a romantic thing. I associate Prozzak ('It's great stuff. Really!') and some really bad early nineties rap with him, but again that's not romantic. However, he went to a lot of effort to get some rather rare Beatles and Lennon stuff for me, and there's definitely romance to that.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AshleyInABottle
Activist
Member # 1029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshleyInABottle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend & I have alot

"I Wanna Love You Forever" ~Jessica Simpson
"Absence of Fear" ~Jewel
"We're A Miracle" ~Christina Aguilera
"Too Beautiful For Words" ~Christina Aguilera
"I Knew I Loved You Before I Met You" ~Savage Garden
"Dolphin's Cry" ~Live

------------------
"I do what my rice krispies tell me to do"

Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is just the sweetest subject I've ever read *sigh* but anyways here's our list of songs we've sang to each other:

Sisqo~Got To Get It
Sisqo~Addicted
Silk~Freak Me
Joe~I Wanna Know
LFO~Girl On TV
*N Sync~I Drive Myself crazy
*N Sync~Bye Bye Bye
*N Sync~This I Promise You
Christina Aguilera~So Emotional*
Christina Aguilera~This Year*
Dixie Chicks~Cowboy Take Me Away*
Tyrese~Lately*
Have Your Self A Merry Little Christmas
Xzibit~X (but he changed to C & D so it's C....D)
and some song he wrote, he really wrote for and x g/f but he said it means alot more now going to me. hmm.

The ones with * are the ones I sang to him.

He has such a sexy voice *prr*
------------------
~*~Buff Chick~*~
*kiss*kiss* to my Karamel Kid!

Watch out! I'm a awful speller. *hehe*

[This message has been edited by CallMeBuffChick (edited 01-03-2001).]

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yumpopchick
Neophyte
Member # 618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yumpopchick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my boyfriend love "can't take my eyes off of you" by the Fugees
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phsygnosis
Activist
Member # 2226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phsygnosis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another Great song is K-Ci & Jo-Jo "All my life" That song is great. Match Box 20's "If your gone" Is good too.

-Phsygnosis

Posts: 88 | From: Canton, Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent topic....

"Hotel California" The Eagles and "Here Comes The Sun" The Beatles.

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phsygnosis
Activist
Member # 2226

All 4 One's "I swear" That is a beutiful song. Although it is old it still is very sweet.

-Phsygnosis

~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhhh! I love the Eagles...the song "hotel california" rocks.

------------------
~dont underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers~

~Duck tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and binds the world togther~

~If you throw a cat out a car window, would it be considered kitty litter??? Its something to think about.~

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surferChicka
Activist
Member # 2232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surferChicka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me and my bf have "unchained melody" you know, that song from the movie "ghost"?

------------------
peace, love, & seXwax!

Posts: 117 | From: Honolulu, HI | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crusher165
Neophyte
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crusher165     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mine is "what's the name of the game" by A*TEENS... personally, the band only has a few good songs.. but it fits perfectly
lol

------------------
~i never knew u
but your action effected
my life
but who knew what u'd do?
seeing as...
i never knew you

Posts: 36 | From: i'll tell you when i get there! ;b | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GuardChik01
Neophyte
Member # 1952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GuardChik01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my boyfriends song is the one that we first danced to when we were at prom. "Tell Me It's Real" by K-Ci and JoJo.

------------------
~*Dont give up on the one you love.. there may never be anyone like him again.*~ ~*SENIOR CLASS OF 2001 ROCKS*~

Posts: 13 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troublemaka
Activist
Member # 543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troublemaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Def. the song that is me and my Bfs fav has to be ITS MY LIFE by Bon Jovie

------------------
Deffintion of "Tube top"- an elastic basket to hold the peaches. -SNL Cheri O'Teri-

Posts: 92 | From: Somewere over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't have a b/f at the moment but my last boyfriend's and my songs were "on bended knee" by Boys 2 men, "Somewhere out there", and "where you are". I've always liked "I'll be" by Edwin Mccain too, tho.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
"We have to pause and ask ourselves: how much clean air do we need?"~ Lee Iococca
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angeldivax
Neophyte
Member # 2308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angeldivax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*swear it again - westlife
*all i have to give - backstreet boys
*angel - shaggy
*hanging by a moment - lifehouse

i am planning to sing something for him, possibly for valentine's day- it'll probably be 'your faith in me' by jessica simpson.

Posts: 13 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SurfGal
Activist
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SurfGal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my first serious boyfriend and I went to see Titanic on our first date so that Celine Dion song reminds me of him. My ex boyfriend and I had a song, it was the theme of our Middle school prom, "These are the times" by Drue Hill He called me Cherry because we both liked the song "Cherry Pie" by Warrant I still get emotional when I hear it, even went out and got the "Rock on 1990" CD to here it I'm a sap
Posts: 81 | From: Jacksonville, FL. 32218 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashie22
Neophyte
Member # 2325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashie22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and Dann-e's songs are:
-Glory or Love- By: A New Found Glory

-San Dimas High School Football Rules- By Ataris

-Hanging By A Moment- Lifehouse

I love you dann-e babie

Ashie Babie & Dann-e Babie {11.1.00}

------------------

Posts: 6 | From: NY | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Hotdog! Slap down two more to our list :

• Sweet Lady~Tyrese
  • You're Still the One~Shania Twain

I'm such a big dork.

------------------
~*~Buff Chick~*~
*kiss*kiss* to my Karamel Kid! :)

Watch out! I'm a awful speller. *hehe*

keldoadare
Neophyte
Member # 2338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keldoadare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when i first started dating my boyfriend, i asked him what song he thought would be our song (because I was reading something on a message board like this that made me think of it..) and he said the *same one* i was thinking of... it was sooooooooooo sweet.

*sigh*

"mint car" - by the cure

Posts: 5 | From: Frederick, MD, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vballgrlie17
Neophyte
Member # 2080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vballgrlie17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone...
This is such a sweet post! I just thought I'd pitch in my 2 cents...
My boyfriend and I have a number of songs, but the most significant is "Stellar" by Incubus.
Before we started dating, we were really good friends, and this was a song that we both really liked. After we started going out, we realized just how much the song applies to our relationship. So we adopted it as *our* song.

Posts: 28 | From: Mass. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetE_mandy
Neophyte
Member # 2416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetE_mandy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my honey and me, well, our song is "I belong to you," by Rome. Y'all know which one I'm talking about? "Everytime I see your face, it makes me want to sing. Everytime I think about your love, it drives me crazy." That's our song because one night, when we were talking, I asked him who sang that song, and he told me who. the wierd thing was he was listening to "I Belong to You," at that moment when I thought about the song. It was a very coo moment.

Posts: 3 | From: cali | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, im getting really bad at comming to the boards. I hardly recognize anyone anymore.

Anywho, me and my b/f's song is "I Swear" by All 4 One. It was the song he spent all his time memorizing so he could sing it to me. He doesnt have the greatest voice but it was soooo sweet. I dont even like that kind of music but i love that song.

"Last Kiss" the Pearl Jam version is a song that i dont allow my b/f to listen to anymore. His first love died in a car accident when he was driving. He will get in a depressed mood for the rest of the day if he hears that song.

Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Creed's "My sacrifice"

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.