Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » does it effect his judgement?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: does it effect his judgement?
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so this guy i like smokes pot. a lot. i can pretty much tell when he has, and i often tell him that i notice a change in his behaviour. it doesn't really upset me that he smokes, it's just-- does it effect how he acts around me? A lot of people say being high makes you say how you really feel, but I'm not sure, I'm afraid maybe it's putting a mask on his real behaviour and he may not like me after all

------------------
http://beam.to/anode2ryan *My Ryan Page*
"Don't go in the teepee without a condom on your peepee"~Dumb & Dumber

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to say it, but in my experience, the only people I've known where I couldn't tell whether pot affected their behavior or judgement were people who were high so much of the time that I never saw them otherwise so I didn't have any basis for comparison.

Every time I've had a basis for comparison, however, I have noticed that yes, people tend to behave differently when they're high than they do when they're not. Whether that difference was harmful or not, or potentially so, depended very much on the person, on how conscientious and careful that person was, and so forth.

However, I would be extremely leery of anyone who tells you that being high makes you more honest. In my experience, it just makes you more likely to speak before you think... which is NOT necessarily the same thing.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
However, I would be extremely leery of anyone who tells you that being high makes you more honest. In my experience, it just makes you more likely to speak before you think... which is NOT necessarily the same thing.

Wonderful Hanne. Wonderful. I shall use that as my retort to anyone who tells me that. God, I am so sick of people telling me this rubbish.

I can't speak for pot but most or all drugs including alcohol are considered mind-altering substances aren't they?

I have seen my friends acting very differently when they are but moderately drunk. They become very happy and outgoing or they sink into depression. It's not funny.

So yes, I would say that pot does affect his behaviour.

------------------
When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her.
It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed.

Mother Teresa

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
from what i've seen of pot smoking, it does affect the user's judgement to a certain degree. case in point: before my boyfriend caught on that he should not smoke pot around me, he would smoke out at parties and then get "frisky" and act inappropriately. like, in front of his friends, he'll start making out with me or touching me in a way that i don't want the rest of the world to see. then i'd push him away. he's not like that when he's sober. fortunately, i've made it crystal clear that i hate it when he smokes, so he doesn't smoke when i'm around anymore.

------------------
Someday, I will have a sexy car...a very...sexy...car!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.