Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Confused? you will be

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confused? you will be
KevMezz
Activist
Member # 558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevMezz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok in my last post I mentioned a girl who I really like and still do so I took someones advice and forgot about asking her out and just talked to her like friends. Anyway she keeps looking at me when ever I pass (or maybe it's me looking at her) When I was in the computer room today she said to me "one of your friend thinks I fancy you"

I didn't know what to do so I just said "oh right" and I wish I had asked her if it was true and if it is I think she maybe scared to ask me because of what others think of me because I'm not a guy that girls talk about (I don't think so anyway) and maybe she is scared in case I turn her down.

Of course I'm probably hoping for too much and she probably only likes me as a friend, but I would like to ask her if she does like me but I am also scared of ruining the (small) friendship we have and making things arkward for both me and her but I still would like to know and maybe she wants me to ask.

WHAT AM I TO DO ANY IDEAS?

with thanks
Kevmezz

Posts: 118 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keep being her friend. See what happens.
Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ash
Activist
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey kev,
i think she likes u.. see some girls do that when they can't ask the guys out, they give hints..
why don't u ask her? u don't have to ask "do u wanna go out straight".. but u know "wanna watch movie".. or soemthing..
cool? good luck
Aisha

Posts: 102 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KevMezz
Activist
Member # 558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevMezz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wounldn't know what to say to her and I don't even know if she does like me. I'm not worried about being turned down it's just that word travels fast round college, But I do like her I was thinking of sending her a e-mail asking if she does like me but again I don't know what to write
Posts: 118 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's an idea, Kev --

"Hey there -- you took me by surprise the other day, so I wanted to say hi when I wasn't in a rush. Would you like to join me for a cup of coffee sometime? I've seen you around the computer lab a lot, but we never seem to get a chance to hang out and chat. Your thoughts?"

Simple, sweet, conversational, friendly, not putting anyone on the spot... why not?

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KevMezz
Activist
Member # 558

We already know each other, she's in my class and she talks to me, we get on well we send e-cards to each other and that when I thought she might like me. Sometime I think she flirting with me but not so sure. My friends don't like her but i don't care what they think.

When I sat next to her in the computer room she was showing me a cartoon on the net, then all of a sudden she said "Ben thinks I like you" I just said "oh righ" She didn't say if she does or not.

I just don't know what to do but I don't want to lose this chance (if there is on)

in short I shy to ask a girl out....very unusual for me because I spent most of the time yapping to my friends

Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honey, if you hang out, are sending e-cards to each other, and she made that comment to you, then yes, she likes you. She's probably wondering when you're going to pick up on it. So ask her out already. I'd bet you my flying pegasus cat cookie jar she'll say yes.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KevMezz
Activist
Member # 558

He-he.....Ok if she says no then you owe me that cookie jar....just kidding ok I'll give it a go nothin to lose i guess
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the blunt type, myself. Since she got you out of the blue, in your spot I'd probably respond the same way (maybe by e-mail if you're too nervous to do it in person). Something like, "So, do you fancy me? Want to go out for a movie sometime?"
Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.