Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » whats the sweetest thing you've done?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: whats the sweetest thing you've done?
krazy4RL
Neophyte
Member # 1997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for krazy4RL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone,

Whats the sweetest thing you have ever done for your g/f or b/f ? I just was wondering. I wanted to see what everyone else was doing that was sweet, so maybe i could get some ideas. Thanks sooo much. Oh and one more quick question, whats something sweet, cute, and boyfriendish you get your boyfriend for christmas, im still stuck on that one!! Thanks again.

~*~Krazy4RL~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
HeAtHeR and RoBeRt 4 EvA
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Posts: 15 | From: seattle, wa, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetest thing:
I flew literally around the world to surprise her for her birthday. She woke up (at noon) to see me. Needless to say, I didn't get to say much for a few minutes.

As far as a sweet present goes, why don't you think about it?

Which is more thoughtful? A present a stranger suggested, or something you put a lot of thought and effort into? Just a suggestion.

------------------
Shzick n.
The shocked instant between initially realising you've caught your genitals in a zipper, and feeling it.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm ... the sweetest thing i've done ... well i'm not really a romantic kind of girl so don't laugh at me alright? hehe

On Friday (the 8th of Dec.) my bf and i celebrated our three month anny. I went up and spent friday nite w/ him but i didn't tell him what i was bringing w/ me ... He's just getting over mono so he hasnt been out of the house and couldn't get anything so he felt bad ... So i bought a bottle of fake champagne and a box of cookies. That way we could both share it and have some fun It was a really little celebration but as long as we're together on our big day i don't think it mattered ...

Umm what to get him ... I dunno! I don't know your bf or you or anything so i can't tell what he'd like. I agree w/ ThisGuy tho ... It's better if it comes from you, instead of a bunch of strangers

~ Smurfy

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know i've told this story before, but i just love telling it.

anyone like the band Travis? i do.

my boyfriend and i had been together about a month when we saw them do a short set in SF at the Virgin Megastore. They have a song that's pretty popular called "Why Does it Always Rain on Me" and the chorus goes: why does it always rain on me?/ is it because i lied when i was 17? and so forth. After we left he asked, "What did he lie about when he was 17?"

I saw Travis again the next day, sans boyfriend. and I taped their instore performance at the [url=http://www.modlang.com]record shop/url] down the street. then on tape, i asked lead singer/lyricist/cutie/all-around-nice-guy Fran Healy, "My boyfriend wants to know what you lied about when you were 17." Fran said, "It's top, top secret."

I played it back for him the following morning. That was first time he had ever heard me refer to him as "my boyfriend" and he thought it was very sweet.

on a tangent...

Last night, he brought me to his place and we did the whole "candles, glass of red wine, snuggle on the sofa, go to bed" bit. it was great; we unwound and forgot about finals for a few hours. It was very romantic.

Then his roommate came home and said, "I see candles, two empty wine glasses and some piles of disheveled clothes on the floor. I assume there is a smooth jazz CD in the stereo." We laughed. But we forgot the smooth jazz! oh well, next time.

------------------
Someday, I will have a sexy car...a very...sexy...car!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The sweetest thing my boyfriend ever did for me was on our four month anniversary. I'd been slaving away at work all day and I came home tired in the middle of the night. When I got in my apartment I noticed my bedroom door was shut and I was sure I'd left it open when I left. So I went inside and flipped the lights on and my bed was entirely covered in rose petals of a variety of colors. My knees buckled and I nearly fell over from the shock right then and there. It was the sweetest thing! My boyfriend had done it for me while I was at work!
Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The sweetest thing I ever did for my current partner: I proposed.

The sweetest thing he ever did was say yes.

(Really, I could think of tons of sweet things, they happen daily, which is the way it's supposed to be, eh?)

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this is what I did for my best, best friend and more if he didn't live in MI and I in MD for his birthday. (We would be a "couple" if we wanted the label, but it doesn't really matter to me.)

Anyway... It was his birthday on the 11th and I sent him a card a week earlier. I asked him what was on hims birthday list and he said "You." I told him that if I could fit in an envelope I would be there. So... in the card I put a little wood figure that had my name on it and words like "symbolism, creativity, sentimental and imagination." I put that symbolism was key in the card. He was feeling really low because he didn't have anyone to spend his birthday with. He hadn't gotten the card on his day, so I told him. That cheered him up so much! I wanted it to be a surprise, but I couldn't hold it in anymore! All I told him was that I sent him a card. I didn't tell him about the little person that symbolizes me. I'll let you all know what he thinks. The card hasn't come yet. Well, I think that was pretty sweet. And original!

------------------
"No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap."
--Carrie Snow

"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
--Katharine Graham

The best website ever: www.evilrobots.com (I am related to the founder!)

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my love interest and I have only been "together" for 2.5 weeks, but we've been best friends for longer.

I'd say the sweetest thing I've done for him was right before we became official. We were walking to our cars together and I told him, "You know, I'd be almost too lucky to have you as a boyfriend. You're just so amazing, nice..." (then I got shy and stopped) He stopped right in his tracks, hugged me, then told me he was speechless and couldn't find the right thing to say. He looked so happy. The next day he told me that he'd be too lucky to have me, said I was the one that was amazing. So, a sweet thing on both our parts. And we've been together ever since.

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
"You flicker. And you're beautiful. You glow inside my head. You hold me hypnotized, I'm mesmerized..."
My Webpage-Alisons Life

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.