Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Fave things to do on dates

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fave things to do on dates
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you all like to do on dates? Well, not necessarily "dates" but just things you like to do with friends or special someones. I'm looking for nifty ideas. I love doing dorky things with my boyfriend like running around on a playground, feeding little duckies, or going to a bookstore and having some coffee.

Some of you might think our relationship is boring since we don't go clubbing or party but I'm just not interested in those things. I'm quite satisfied with just sitting at home and talking but we each have 3 younger siblings and that isn't always possible- our homes are like zoos.

Any ideas? It doesn't have to be hip or oh-so-unique, it's simply about what you guys like to do. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two words: Park benches.
That's right, for much of the first part of our relationship, my girlfriend and I spent time on park benches when we wanted privacy (that's to say, when we wanted to be away from our families).
Next, I've always enjoyed getting dressed up in a suit and going (be it with my girlfriend or another friend) to swanky hotels and drinking tea (or other things if you can afford them and are old enough) in the posh bars.
Finally, there were a few summers where I hung out lots at outdoor festivals (mostly music festivals). The city where I grew up had a solid, fairly inexpensive jazz fest that a friend of mine and I usually enjoyed going to. There were also numerous other free concerts (almost every kind of music) in my hometown in the summers of my youth. They were great.

[This message has been edited by Dzuunmod (edited 11 November 2000).]

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deegurl143
Activist
Member # 353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deegurl143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
late night walks (if it's not to cold). i love those!! that's when my bf and i get along best and have a lot of fun....then we talk dzuunmod's idea of park benches

------------------
**Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted**

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
JaMeS & DoReEn 4eVeR
^*^*^*^^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Posts: 269 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if oyu live in a tourism-heavy area, sometimes, i's fun to play tourist. you've been there for so long, i'd bet you've overlooked a lot of fun things to do.

i live near san francisco, so sometimes, my boyfriend and i will go to fisherman's wharf. or we'll go to golden gate park. or the SFMOMA. etc.

or the supermarket. the best way to get to know someone is to go grocery shopping with them.

my guy and i had noticed that it had been a while since we had gone on a "date" so next weekend, i'm taking him to the Metreon (big, fancy cineplex in the City) to see an Imax flick then to this awesome Italian place for some tortellini (the pasta of love, so he says), chianti, and a bowl of tiramisu.

------------------
Maurice! Bring in the albinos! muwahahahahaha!!!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm ... so you wanna have fun *IN*?

Well two of my really close friends just celebrated their 4 month anny. He kicked everyone out of his house (there are 3 more in his family) but only told her they were going to watch movies. He also made her dinner and bought her roses ... aww I just wanted to pinch his cheeks when he told me all this was gonna happen hehe

One time my bf and i went bowling. He kicked my butt badly, cuz i suck (it was 10pin, the ball was heavy hehe) but we had so much fun The relationship almost gets kinda boring if you sit at home and talk about stuff you *could* be doing ... He just said we're going bowling next Saturday too ... woohoo *lol*

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoupPrincess
Activist
Member # 1856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoupPrincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the most fun dates I had was when my boyfriend and I went to our local state park. We went hiking all day and then ran under this waterfall that they have there. It was a lot of fun.

Another fun thing that we did was that we went grocery shopping and cooked dinner together. Gumdrop Girl is right, the grocery store is suprisingly entertaining!

Mostly though, we just end up loitering in the mall. Then mall is a great place for teenagers because you dont need to spend any money to get in, there is always something interesting to see at the stores, and we almost always meet people we know there.

Posts: 47 | From: Bloomington IL (the boringest place on earth) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like amusement parks, it was soooo much funn, I went for my birthday (he took me) it was such a blast, going on all the rollercoasters and all the other rides.
Also, I love going to the river with my boyfriend it was so much fun, we pack a picnic and we bring a blanket, it was so romantic. Also I just love snuggling with him, its the best feeling in the world. Just really anything I do with him is fun, movies, mall, being at his house, just as long as im with him I really never have a dull moment, he makes me remember every date

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*
"The first time I saw you, I knew that I would fall for you, & now that were together, our love will last forever!!" -By: The person I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guess wear I just came back from? The park . We just sat in the bleachers by the baseball field and talked. It's a very nifty idea... I came back to post it but I see Dzuunmod beat me too it. I like the grocery shopping idea too, Gumdrop. Whenever either of our moms stick us with grocery shopping, we drag the other one along. He can't pick out fruit for his life and he can't tell one veggie from the next. He doesn't care, he thinks all veggies taste like paper and he doesn't understand how I could possibly like them.

I'm thinking the Museum of Discovery and Science would be a great place to go. I loved field trips there when I was a kid, I had so much fun. My boyfriend's been wanting to go to those places where you paint little pieces of ceramic... you just pick any piece you like and then sit there and paint for a couple of hours. Geez, we must do the fruitiest things .

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fun dates?

My sweeties and I like goofy things, a lot of the time, and cheap things, and cultural things. Museums. Going to the Construction Zone (http://www.constructiontoys.com/) and buying K'Nex and Legos and blocks and Toobers and Zots and going home and building stuff. Walks. The annual Bugs Bunny Film Festival at the Brattle Theater in Harvard Square. Poking around in old neighborhoods. Going to the Boston Public Library together. Going graveyard-hopping to look at old gravestone art (there is a lot of cool Colonial-era gravestone art here in the Boston area). Combing used bookstores for books we love, like Barry Hughart's "Master Li" mysteries (hard to find and out of print).

And so on.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my first date with my "special guy friend" was pretty simple. First of all, I live in central NY and there's not too much to do around here besides go to diners and stuff.

We went to a nearby town, a college town so there's a lot of clubs (that we can't get into because we're not 21 yet!), plus lots of little places to eat or hang out. All we did was walk around, stop in a pizza place for drinks, went to a quick movie, went to a diner, then sat down outside and talked.

We just like being together so far and have fun no matter what we do!! But on dates, anything simple where we can talk suits me fine.

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
"You flicker. And you're beautiful. You glow inside my head. You hold me hypnotized, I'm mesmerized..."
My Webpage-Alisons Life

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of the best times I have with my boyfriend is when we decide to go explore one another's interests. I'm WAY into theatre and drama so he likes to come along to the plays my friends are in or ones I want to see. I mean, you can have gone out with a person for some time, but there's always things you can learn about them. He's also interested in my passion for writting and we've started writing one another e-mails (even though we talk on the phone everyday). As for him, I love some of the crazy places and restaurants he likes to go to. And lighting off fireworks and all that stuff. Not to mention his interest in philosophy. Encorporate that into your dates! We've each gone to one another's old schools. Just to wander around and show the other person where we grew up. It was really nice. Surprising.

Hope this was of some help!

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well.... i like to do the things you were talking about like playing on a playground and stuff like that! my friend and i and 2 guys (not really a date but just a friend thing)went to arby's then went bowling ( and the one guy friend [who i kinda like.. shhh! ] payed for me and my friend! how sweet!) then got ice cream and took it to a park along the lake and ate it and played around on the play ground the went down to the beach and layed on a big cement pier type thingy and looked at the stars. after that we went to my friends house and watched Benny & Joon! it was great fun!!

hopefully i'll do that w/ the one guy friend of mine!! i really like him!!! hehe!!! but yeah.... that's the type of stuff we do!

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rebecca
Neophyte
Member # 2405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rebecca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two words: vintage shopping

(It's always fun to see your buddy/boyfriend/sexfriend dressed up like Bob Dlan or Bowie)

-Rebecca

------------------
-------------------------
She would sell her mother to make a dime before closing time when he tells her so.

Posts: 19 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mingo
Activist
Member # 7667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mingo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ice skating

------------------
We are starstuff, we are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out

Posts: 126 | From: Ferndale, Mi USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend and i have gone on some "big ticket" dates. he took me to disneyland last summer; that was loads of fun! and i took him to las vegas for new years.

but so far, the thing we seem to do most is go to the grocery store, buy something tasty and cook it together. but when i get back, we're gonna go see the new Austin Powers flick.

------------------
"In God we trust. All others must pay cash..." faw-choon kookie say.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sumone sed sumthing about just staying home and thinking about what you could be doing.... pshaw!

i love just hanging out at a friends house and doing practically notihng... we all go to my friends house and play video games... like DDR or the ORIGINAL nintedo!!! (::cheering:

MANHUNT! =) or watch a movie on DVD or a video... cartoons... listen to music... play board games... swimming in the pool, there's the YMCA... gotta go there sumtime... i have a membership for about a year... havent gone yet lol...

its not really what you're doing... its who you're doing it with... whatever it is... friends make it all the better. =)

my friend and i hang out at starbucks or a coffeeplace just to sit and chat... we both hate coffee lol... but we ge water and a muffin or sumthing.

we can walk on the boardwalk, or go see a free city concert... bowling, minigolf, shopping (usually window shopping lol), boy shopping (heehee)... anything

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shining eyes
Activist
Member # 8741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shining eyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you hang out in a overly sized bird cage with someone you care about its all fun! (sorry for the bird cage thing, I can't think of anything else!) Do something unusual, it's so fun!

------------------
~brittany

Happiness is like peeing in your pants. The whole world can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Posts: 94 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.romancetips.com/tips/

It has romance ideas and stuff like that. it was all very sweet and fun to look at. =D

------------------
God Bless Texas

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
-- Winnie The Pooh

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, I think I got some good ideas:

1.) Well, 2-tracking (off roading) is always fun and inexpensive, if you like that sort of thing. You get a 12 pack of soda...and some munchies, and go into the back woods of wherever your at...fun fun fun

2.) I was a couple of hours away from my home in a smallish town and I got bored so I bought a disposable camera, and went "JUNK TRUCK HUNTING". I walked all over town for about 3 hours looking for trashed pickups. I had SOOOOOO much fun.

3.) Relive your childhood, buy candyland, build a blanket-fort in your living room, and play candyland all day.

4.) Have a scary movie marathon, its an excuse to cuddle.

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fairie
Activist
Member # 8914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fairie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stargazing is always a very romantic, cheap way to spend time together. just grab a blanket a picnic if ya want it, and the one you love and head to the nearest dark/private place, like a field or just some random place in the country, its great. me and my b'f always seem to have a hard time actually watching the stars though...

------------------
Live,Laugh,Love

Posts: 101 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshine_1ofakind
Activist
Member # 3215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshine_1ofakind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I went to the park the other day and fed the geese and ducks and walked around. It was so much fun!
Posts: 61 | From: Mayfield, Ky | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The park is one of my favorite places. We also like to go shopping and pretend we have enough money to afford lots of games and stuff.

Also, everyday activities can be fun when you do them together. We go grocery shopping together, I take him clothes shopping, sometimes we just walk around downtown and smell all of the chocolates in this really awesome candy store.

mags

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
army_angel13
Activist
Member # 9184

Icon 14 posted      Profile for army_angel13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, one of my fave things that I like to do with my b/f is cuddle! He likes it, but I love it!
At our first date(it was about 2 weeks ago) we went to go see Austin Powers 3, afterwards we went to the park and tried to build a rocket that didn't work, then we went to the top of the hill and cuddled side by side. It was my best date ever!!!!
Also, kissing and hugging are our faves(well, mine anyway, his is getting touchy-feely, you know what I mean).
That stinks that he hasta go to a different school than I am.
Oh well, I love him anyway!

------------------
* been there, done that, easy as pie, yummy! *

Posts: 56 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This thread deserves a revival.

Since last time I wrote in here, I got a new boyfriend and a new city, so my dates have changed.

My boyfriend and I like to go to the movies then get ice cream. It's so simple, but it feeds our mutual interest in watching movies and, well, eating ice cream. We both really like ice cream.

Sometimes, we'll go to the House of Blues near Disneyland and catch a concert. Last time, we saw Unwritten Law. Next time, we're going to see Reel Big Fish.

And both of us are really into wine, so we like wine tasting. Of course, most ST users aren't old enough to drink, so this isn't a good date idea if you're underage. But if you're old enough, and you like the subtle nuances of fine wine, it's a fabulous hobby.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

ActingDitzy
Neophyte
Member # 26999

Icon 10 posted      Profile for ActingDitzy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We love theatre. Our first date we went to "Blue Man Group" in Chicago. We're going to try and see "Sexual Perversity in Chicago" this weekend at ACT.

We're trying to plan a dinner/star gazing night too.

Posts: 6 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Concerts are always good - my boyfriend and I are going to see Great Big Sea in a couple of weeks, which should be fun. Movies and ice cream (or coffee, or whatever, really) are always fun too. Another favourite thing of ours is to go down to the beach (even in the middle of winter when it's too cold to go swimming) and read to each other. We just finished rereading the entire Harry Potter series, and now we're working on Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything, which I'd highly recommend, it's hilarious.
Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unity_the_ninth
Neophyte
Member # 27377

Icon 7 posted      Profile for unity_the_ninth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone already mentioned going to graveyards and looking at all the Colonia art on the graves, but they can be really fun even if you live in recently-populated Montana and all the gravestones are rather simple. We once had a picnic at the graveyard and spent four hours after we finished eating wandering around and acting out all the lives of the people on the gravestones, especially their deaths (which we made up quite imaginatively).

Someone also mentioned disposable cameras, and malls were mentioned several times. A fun thing involving both of these things that we did one time (though it was in a small mall, and might not have been as much fun in a bigger one) was take disposable cameras to the mall, split up for a while, and then tried to take as many pictures as possible of the other person, without them knowing. It's very suspenseful and fun. Then you can make cool scrapbook pages when you get the pictures developed (and you get some really funny pictures that way, because when you're in the mall, and you have a camera, funny things happen).

Anyways, those are the two most fun ways we've broken up the "What do you want to do?" "I don't know, what do you want to do?" blues.

Posts: 9 | From: Montana, US | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my town, there's this one cheapish, not-so-great resturant. However, the way it's decorated, it makes it look as if it would be REALLY expensive. One time for a bit of a joke me and a bunch of my friends got totally dressed up (long dresses, fancy jewelry, we even got our hair done) and went to this resturant. It was SO much fun! The people there probably thought we were just a bunch of dorky kids, but we had a great time. Also, me and and old kinda-sorta girlfriend of mine used to go and hang out by the fountain in the park. We'd take off our shoes, splash around in it, and just generally make fools of ourselves. It was all good fun.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amber_rose
Neophyte
Member # 27180

Icon 10 posted      Profile for amber_rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i like going to scandia ( mini golf, bumper boats, and gocarts, and pizza!!) or a free concert in town is always fun
Posts: 20 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1stPrelude
Neophyte
Member # 39304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1stPrelude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm quite content escaping outside with my boyfriend to get away from our families. we go to the park or just lay on my front lawn under the tree. but we'll catch a cheap movie on an impulse or go to some random diner.

I have fun though just going to this giant wooden play fort in our area and run around there. play lava like you would as little kids xP

--------------------
hab dich ganz doll lieb

Posts: 13 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1stPrelude
Neophyte
Member # 39304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1stPrelude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm quite content escaping outside with my boyfriend to get away from our families. we go to the park or just lay on my front lawn under the tree. but we'll catch a cheap movie on an impulse or go to some random diner.

I have fun though just going to this giant wooden play fort in our area and run around there. play lava like you would as little kids xP

--------------------
hab dich ganz doll lieb

Posts: 13 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.