Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » People to notice you

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: People to notice you
sweetchick101
Neophyte
Member # 1297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetchick101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEy i was just wondering how you can get guys to notice you more without flanting your self with clothing that is realy skimpy.

I know it's kinda a stupid question and there are guys who do like me but yeah i don't know.

please help

Posts: 12 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eee! my favorite topic. one of my pseudonymous alter personalities wrote a book on the issue, actually, that I'm working on getting online.

in the meantime, the number one rule:

love yourself. know who you are, and love it. exude confidence. I don't mean be arrogant, just know that you are good enough for anyone and that they better be good enough for you.

believe it or not, most guys seem to notice this most about a girl, no matter *what* she's wearing: if she feels good about herself, it shows.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/ .

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lemming! First of all, you're going to have to explain what "pseudonymous alter personalities" is. Second of all you stole my advice! I read it and I'm thinking, "duh, confidence" and errr! But seriously. I don't wear a lot of skimpy clothing, in fact I'd say maybe once every two months I wear something skimpy (but hey, when I do I go all out and shock people ) and I have a lot of guys' attention. It's all about confidence. And happiness. If you're standing in the courtyard (our school has a courtyard where everyone is on the lunch breaks) and making eyes at a guy/girl, act happy and laugh with your friends. It makes you seem more approachable and fun. And second of all, confidence! Sit up straight in your chair (or lean foward into your hand, just don't slouch), don't walk with your head down, and have a purpose. If you look intimidated by the people around you it won't work. If you're not confident and self-assured then you just kind of blend in.

Brittany

------------------
I'm the good girl that everyone thinks is a bad girl pretending to be a good girl :D

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hee.

by "pseudonymous alter personalities," I meant, one of my Other personalities, the one who is a constant flirt. her name is Daphne Q. Appleby, and she's sort of become a long-running joke among my friends.

I swear, the whole story and the Daphne Q. Appleby Correspondence Course of Flirting and Unnecessarily Long Names will be up on the Web, shortly. ;]

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/ .

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dye your hair an unusual color.

it worked for me

------------------
Maurice! Bring in the albinos! muwahahahahaha!!!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KimmyP
Activist
Member # 613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KimmyP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lemming's answer was awesome & totally true!

My friends sometimes make fun of me for being *overly confident* But I say HEY, that can't be a horrible thing, when so many people are on Prozac these days

You shouldn't ever have to resort to wearing skimpy clothing for attention, because you might even attract the WRONG attention.

------------------
Its ALL good :)
If you can't beat 'em, arrange to have them beaten.--George Carlin

Posts: 54 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.