Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Long Distance (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Long Distance
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manda, have you discussed this with your partner? It's perfectly normal for him to have platonic girl friends but it's also normal to be a bit jealous. Why not tell him how you're feeling and discuss what the two of you can do to make you feel a bit better about things. I'm sure you can strike a balance if you communicate.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Freddyzchic
Neophyte
Member # 16562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Freddyzchic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea your right but this chick is all like wanting to be his roomate next year and stuff, i dunno what she is thinking buti really love him and like every time i talk to him i think about it constanly i know i am way overdramatising this but i dunno but i'll talk to him and see what we can do so thanks for that advice! sorry i didnt know i posted twice i thought the first one didnt show up! never do it again

------------------
Love Manda

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
southernsweetie
Neophyte
Member # 16652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for southernsweetie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey! well ive been in a long distance relationship for almost 2 years now.. its very hard, but we've made it this far, lol. we r straight up about everything, if one of us mess around w/ someone else the other one is the first to know. long distance can work, u just have to always tell the truth and have faith that ur mate loves u!! good luck!!
Posts: 1 | From: tennessee | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleOneUSN
Activist
Member # 17486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleOneUSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been in A long-distance relationship now going on 6 weeks. I love it and hate it at the same time. I miss him alot, but it's nice not to be in a sense tied down. A nice break. I get to see him in December after almost 8 months of being apart. From there will go in yet another long distance relationship alot closer to each other, 2 1/2 hours away vise a 24hr flight. Where totally looking forward to being closer to each other and being able to see each other more often.
Posts: 95 | From: Liverpool, NY | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momomo
Activist
Member # 8636

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momomo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok.... i need help from all u LDR pros. I'm new at this (as in never ever done it before) so here goes: We were together for 10 months before he moved across the country to New York (3000 miles =(. He's been gone for 7 weeks (I know, its not that long, but we're just starting out) and it's been pretty awful. I get mad at the stupidest things (him dancing with his good girl friend or hugging a friend for example) but I can't stop myself. It makes me so angry that he's doing stuff over there that he wouldn't do if he was here. I mean I'm probably doing the same things but its different because I KNOW what I'm doing harmless and no matter how much he tells me what he does is harmless, I can't beleive it. How do I get over it? He's coming home next weekend and we're hoping that seeing eachother will help us remember why we're in this. We've put a lot of weight on this weekend so I'm worried that things will be stressful. what can I do? please give me some advice if you have some! thanks
Posts: 273 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shaie
Neophyte
Member # 22249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'm in a new relationship, though it's been a couple months, but I've actually been with him physically for about 5 days.. But he's in the navy and is out on a ship for 7 months. The only communication we have is email, and he writes when he can, but that sometimes could be once every couple of weeks. Since I've only seen him about a week 1/2 before he left, we haven't had sex or anything. But I actually realized how hard it is! Since also this is my first actual relationship, and it just sucks. But I trust him, and I've opened up to him alot. So I forgot exactly why I decided to post...but hopefully this whole thing will work out in the end!
Posts: 1 | From: Mac,Oregon,USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.