Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Too Soon Too Serious?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Too Soon Too Serious?
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone!

I just started dating someone, and he seem to be *perfect*. He showers me on compliments, hes not too expierenced, so he doesnt expect anything from me, and hes the mpst caring, loving, intellegent, and humorous person I have ever known. Although we've barely been together for a month, I truly love him (as far as I kno), and he constantly tells me he loves me. He means it, too, since he hasnt a reason to lie to me.

I am only a lowely high school freshman, tho. My friends constantly tell me that 'were too serious' and they 'dont want to see me hurt'. Ive spoken to him about it, and he promises me he would never hurt me (i kno things can change, but he is extremely sincere) i think ive found someone i can truly connect with, even tho im so young. what is your guys outlook on this? my side or my friends?

u arent worthless if you can make someone laugh
there is a difference between being stupid and being ditzy. i ought to know

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deegurl143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
go for it!!

your friends cannot prevent you froming being hurt. your young and, sad to say, most likely you will be hurt...NO MATTER WHAT. for now all you can do is go with your heart. what happens is what was meant to happen. you got something good there and don't give it up for the sake of being too young.

~*GoDdEsS oF lOvE aNd BeAuTy*~

JaMeS & DoReEn 4eVeR

Posts: 269 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, unless you're booking the caterer for the wedding reception, it doesn't sound like you're getting "too serious too soon."

It sounds like you're really fond of him, he's really fond of you, and that things are going well. I'd say enjoy that, work on getting to know each other better, and go from there.

The only caveat I would offer is to make sure that you don't let the new relationship energy keep you from keeping an open mind about the relationship. A relationship doesn't have to be flawless to be happy and working, but it does need to include communication, honesty, and trust. If you're not afraid to talk to each other and trust each other, I think you've got every chance of making each other happy for as long as you can.

And as for the future, who knows what it will bring? Think about your present for now, and let the future show itself.

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tifa528     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the exact same situation... EVERYONE has been telling me that we're too serious with eachother. It's been 4 months and 6 days now, and all 4 months have been GREAT. I really feel that I'm in love with him. I don't let anyone try to change my mind.

Just because your a freshman doesn't mean you can't be in love with someone. If your heart is truely telling your something, don't let your head take over with all the ideas that the people are you are putting in (even though it may be genuine concern).

I say, listen to your heart. If you feel that what your doing is right and your comfortable with it, go for it.

Oh, and the best of luck with everything!

Posts: 56 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. I am in the same little thing. I am a sophmore. My boyfriend is a freshman. In college. It's been exactly one month and 12 days. I love him to death. I can't stand seeing him sad, angry, or in pain. Unfortunatley, on Wednesday he broke his arm bad enough to require surgery. I just love waking up to that news on Thursday. He did it coming home from my house too. Just go with it. If he breaks your heart, your friends should be there to support you. Go with your heart. It will lead you, whether you like it or not.

Life is short, so let me play!

And play I shall...

"Close your eyes for they see only the truth and the truth is not what you want to see."

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know when I was in eighth grade I was going out with this wonderful guy who happened to be a sophmore. At first my friends encouraged it but after a week or so they started saying he was only after me for one thing (think sex, lol) and that he was a jerk and blah blah blah. So I listened to them and ended the relationship when I really should have. Just because I thought so low of myself I didn't think a guy could like me for just me.

Have a higher opinion of yourself, you're worth it and so is he.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.