Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SHOP TALK » Article Questions & Chat » Skin Deep: Frankenboobs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Skin Deep: Frankenboobs
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frankenboobs

Audra Estrones grew up with one A cup and one D cup breast, and opted for surgery. Read about her adventures with "frankenboobs" and her experience of going under the knife.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was about 14 or so, I noticed my breasts were a little bit asymmetrical. I said to my mother, "I think something's wrong here. One of them is bigger than the other." She curtly replied, "That's normal."

End of conversation. But it was enough 'cause I heard it from my mama. But not every girl is gonna ask her mama that, and not every girl is gonna get an answer, so I'm glad this article is around for those of us not bold enough to mention it to mama.

------------------
May suffering and pestilence befall the %$@! who broke into my car.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kittylouise711
Neophyte
Member # 14134

Icon 6 posted      Profile for kittylouise711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of the best articles yet! It was humorous, series, and really setting a goal to all teens not to be so self conscience on yourself. So what if one of your breasts is a pinprick bigger than the other. The bottom line is don't be self conscience about yourself when there is nothing to worry about!

Posts: 36 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikki
Neophyte
Member # 21718

Icon 6 posted      Profile for mikki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi this is mikki..its really amazing to c this article bcoz this is also the case wid me..i too have one breast smaler then the other..and i am so confused abt wht to do...and now after reading this article i will be looking for a good doctor for surgery...thankx so much for writing in such detais..
Posts: 1 | From: pakistan | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
00goddess
Activist
Member # 11734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00goddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mikki,

How MUCH smaller is one breast than the other?

It is very normal to have one breast be slightly smaller than the other; it is when one breast is VERY MUCH smaller than the other (as in Audra's case) that many people elect for surgery.

If you have one breast that is up to one cup size smaller than the other, not only is that perfectly normal, but it's not something that CAN be mended by surgery.

I don't know what your situation is; I'm just saying: don't rush into anything.

Posts: 50 | From: houston, TX | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikkipk
Neophyte
Member # 21791

Icon 7 posted      Profile for mikkipk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey goddess..actually one of ma breast is double the size of other...now wht do u say? i feel so bad whnever i go out..i cant wear clothes of my choice...its really disturbin me so much..i cant even select the bra size for ma self..ive been to doctor once n that lady doctor said yes thr is a lot of diff in ur sizes but she didnt advice me for surgery..n i think surgery is not even common in pakistan..seriously iam so worried abt it..can anyone tell me abt he expenses if i com to usa or uk for this purpose where it would b much much easier..thankx alot..tc
Posts: 2 | From: pakistan | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikkipk
Neophyte
Member # 21791

Icon 9 posted      Profile for mikkipk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dnt kwn wht has happened to my previous username mikki..its not working...so ive made this new one..
Posts: 2 | From: pakistan | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 2 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a great article for anyone who's not comfortable or insecure about their breasts.

I've always loved my breasts from the start and i've never had the need to go under cosmetic surgery with anything on my body.

But it's definitely a must-read for anyone regardless!

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djynnjah
Activist
Member # 20056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djynnjah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's interesting how the health plan was willing to cover breast enlargement but not reduction. Health insurance sure has some messed up priorities.
Posts: 65 | From: Caribbean | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Audra is Canadian, so it's national health in this case, not insurance.)
Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djynnjah
Activist
Member # 20056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djynnjah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's still kind of nutty. I wonder what the reason for it was.
Posts: 65 | From: Caribbean | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunreon
Neophyte
Member # 22227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunreon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breast enlargement is much easier, and actually has less risk, than breast reduction. This is because breast enlargement is a simple process of "puffing it up." Insertions of silicone, etc, are placed into the breast; everything else follows suit. The skin and tissue stretch naturally.

However, with breast reduction, you are removing what is already there. The main type of tissue that makes up breasts is not fat, but the lactating glands. A woman with large breasts, unless she has implants or is excessively overweight, has breasts that are a good percentage composed of these glands. The actual procedure for a breast reduction is most definitely not as simple as a breast enlargement. The areola is cut away, and tissue is removed in proportionate sections. After that there will be a section of skin on the "top" side of the breast that has to be removed, because it's just like deflating a balloon. The skin has been stretched, so once you take out what's inside, it's going to sag. And generally women who get a breast reduction want smaller breasts that require less extensive support, not saggier ones. Lastly the areola is sewn back on.

As you can imagine, the risk of mistakes, complications, infections, etc, is much higher with reduction.

As with just about any procedure having to do with growing tissue (and this includes plant as well as animal tissue. Anything that grows.), a procedure to remove something is going to be MUCH more damaging than a procedure to insert something.

Posts: 1 | From: Chelan, WA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djynnjah
Activist
Member # 20056

Thank you. I thought it might have been some cost issue with one side more expensive than the other. A reduction-only seemed to have a more practical outcome in this case, A and B cup as opposed to B and D cup from just enlargement.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.